Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

2012 Nike Hoop Summit: Rasheed, Parker, Shabazz In

The Nike Hoop Summit is always my favorite High School "All-Star" game each year as most years they play real basketball with both teams trying like heck to win. The rosters are now available, and the game is April 7th in the Rose Garden at 7pm (Pacific Time).

Congrats to Rasheed Suliamon for making the US team. Full Roster below.

•Kyle Anderson (St. Anthony H.S./North Bergen, N.J.)
    •Archie Goodwin (Sylvan Hills H.S./Little Rock, Ark.)
    •Gary Harris (Hamilton Southeastern H.S./Fishers, Ind.)
    •Mitch McGary (Brewster Academy/Porter, Ind.)
    •Shabazz Muhammad (Bishop Gorman H.S./Las Vegas, Nev.)
    •Nerlens Noel (The Tilton School, N.H./Everett, Ma.)
    •Marcus Paige (Linn-Mar H.S./Marion, Iowa)
    •Tony Parker (Miller Grove H.S./Lithonia, Ga.)
    •Rasheed Sulaimon (Strake Jesuit College Prep/Houston, Texas)
    •Kaleb Tarczewski (St. Mark's School, Mass./Claremont, N.H.).

Link to full article

Reminder - FYI, Nike Hoop Summit on TV, this Sat eve (4/7) at 10 EDT, FoxSportsSouth (ch. 646 on DirecTV).

This game is usually more interesting than most all-star games, and the World Stars have good players. Including both Anthony Bennett (2012, still undeclared) and, most interesting of all, 2014 top-rated Andrew Wiggins. Both are Canadian. Wiggins supposedly a Duke target.

Just looking at the roster of what's officially called the "USA Men's Junior National Select Team," I'd think Rasheed will get plenty of minutes.

http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/

Also, the following Sat (4/14, 7 EDT, ESPN), the Jordan Brand Classic, with Sulaimon and Heel trio, Brice Johnson, J.P. Tokoto, and (injured) Marcus Paige.

http://www.jordanbrandclassic.com/fe...announced.html

Just saw this morning in the Raleigh N&O that the unc recruit, Marcus Paige, has a stress fracture in his foot and will have surgery this week but is expected to be ready to play for the pasty blue folks this summer. Wonder if they'll replace him on the Nike Hoops Summit team.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just saw this morning in the Raleigh N&O that the unc recruit, Marcus Paige, has a stress fracture in his foot and will have surgery this week but is expected to be ready to play for the pasty blue folks this summer. Wonder if they'll replace him on the Nike Hoops Summit team.
    Replaced by James Robinson, PG, a Pitt signee.

ETA: Maybe Rasheed will get some time at PG, unless they use Kyle Anderson as the other PG.
    Last edited by gumbomoop; 04-05-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Replaced by James Robinson, PG, a Pitt signee.

ETA: Maybe Rasheed will get some time at PG, unless they use Kyle Anderson as the other PG.
    When I first looked at the roster, my thought was "there's no PG with Paige injured." I'd certainly expect Anderson to run some "Point Forward". But I'd also expect Sulaimon to handle the ball a good bit. And given how few guards are on the roster (just Robinson, Sulaimon, and Harris) I'd expect quite a few minutes for our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    When I first looked at the roster, my thought was "there's no PG with Paige injured." I'd certainly expect Anderson to run some "Point Forward". But I'd also expect Sulaimon to handle the ball a good bit. And given how few guards are on the roster (just Robinson, Sulaimon, and Harris) I'd expect quite a few minutes for our guy.
    Yes, I'm thinking so, too. For one thing, only 10 guys total on team, rather than the usual 12. Then, as you say, very few guards. On a roster with but a single PG - and Robinson is not highly-highly rated, presumably added because he played at DeMatha for US asst coach - there's gotta be some PG-time for both Sulaimon and Anderson.

Although we might guess that the default mpg is 20/player [10 x 20 = 200], in fact I'd guess maybe 3 perimeter guys will get closer to 25, and my [second] guess is those 3 are Muhammad, Anderson, and Sulaimon.

Looking forward to seeing Wiggins; quite an honor for him, as he's only a rising junior.

Reminder - FYI, Nike Hoop Summit on TV, this Sat eve (4/7) at 10 EDT, FoxSportsSouth (ch. 646 on DirecTV).

This game is usually more interesting than most all-star games, and the World Stars have good players. Including both Anthony Bennett (2012, still undeclared) and, most interesting of all, 2014 top-rated Andrew Wiggins. Both are Canadian. Wiggins supposedly a Duke target.
    Yep,my son read on twitter that nolan was meeting up with rasheed and hopefully will be doing a little recruiting for us while bazz and tony are there recruit on mr smith.

Sulaimon in Nike Hoop Summitt - On FSSO Now

Just a heads up - don't think this was expected to be on local TV, but it's on Fox Sports South (#646 DTV in Durham) right now. I think tip may not be for a few minutes though.

Rosters: http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/rosters/

Small roster with only 4 guards, so look for Sheed to get plenty of burn in a legitimate, competitive game.

Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Just a heads up - don't think this was expected to be on local TV, but it's on Fox Sports South (#646 DTV in Durham) right now. I think tip may not be for a few minutes though.

Rosters: http://www.nikehoopsummit.com/rosters/

Small roster with only 4 guards, so look for Sheed to get plenty of burn in a legitimate, competitive game.
    For those with Dish Network it is on Channel 440 in HD.

These are the most awkward intros ever. Super dramatic cameraman?

ETA: James Robinson starting over Sulaimon at PG. Lame...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    These are the most awkward intros ever. Super dramatic cameraman?

ETA: James Robinson starting over Sulaimon at PG. Lame...
    Yeah, a bit over the top...

Nice call not starting Sheed, Boyle. Off to a scintillating 0-10 start in favor of "The World".

This is miserable. Noel's hair is bugging me.

Noel is a pretty darn good defender.

Parker is not as strong as I'd expect him to be...

And the Wiggins kid from Canada is going to be goooood

interesting news

According to announcers, Andrew Wiggins may re-classify from class of 2014 to 2013. That would mean that Duke would be chasing 2 superb SFs, Wiggins and Jabari Parker, in the class of 2013. Wiggins has looked really good in the first quarter, and he's easily the youngest guy out there, playing for World Team, as he is from Canada, I guess.

We need K out there coaching these guys! The US doesn't need to be losing like this.

I like hearing Tony talk. He seems like a smart likable kid. I also like hearing him talk about his family being involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    We need K out there coaching these guys! The US doesn't need to be losing like this.

I like hearing Tony talk. He seems like a smart likable kid. I also like hearing him talk about his family being involved.
    I also liked hearing him list Duke first when he talked about his college choices...

What number is Rasheed out there?