Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke and UNC to the SEC

OK you guys had me for about 30 seconds as I read the front page this morning until I remembered what Day it is.

Nicely done, Julio!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

But what if Mike Slive believes it? Or likes it?

Generally...
    You guys hook me with the annual prank for a few seconds... however THIS year I smelled a rat quickly and avoided the trap.

I think I would have been better suckered by NCAA sanctions suspending UK players before the title game.
    Something I would like to see happen would have reeled me in.

Well, Let's think About This

While I did figure it out, Bos and Julio were so persuasive that I think it's intriguing. Wow! Duke and UNC to the SEC. All that dough! Big new football stadium. No more Terps or Hokies to put up with.

sagegrouse

Well done

But with Kentucky about to bolt for the NBA, SEC basketball will be way down.

Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Generally...
    You guys hook me with the annual prank for a few seconds... however THIS year I smelled a rat quickly and avoided the trap.

I think I would have been better suckered by NCAA sanctions suspending UK players before the title game.
    Something I would like to see happen would have reeled me in.
    Ooh - good one! Or maybe the NCAA decided to pre-emptively vacate the UK appearance in the Final Four? I like your idea better, though. Has a certain ring of truth to it.

I swallowed the hook on this one, I had no idea what day it really was. There was just enough exposition in this story to make it seem feasible, as abhorrent as it was. Really good job!

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    But with Kentucky about to bolt for the NBA, SEC basketball will be way down.
    Along those lines, how about "Kentucky announces its intention to leave the SEC in basketball and join the NBADL"? The tongue-in-cheek benefits: improved visibility for the NBADL, Calipari wouldn't have to worry about those pesky NCAA rules regarding academic requirements and benefits (oh, wait ...), players given an opportunity to improve their games, players can give up on the illusion that they're interested in academics.

Very well-played.

The best part about that little write up is there is no part of it that's not true. The SEC would kill to get Duke, UNC and probably Notre Dame. Swofford is ok, but if he were great we'd have Notre Dame by now and we'd be getting the rivalry stuff right in the basketball schedule. Very amusing April fool's article...

As long as the reasoning was being explained, I was following it O.K., as it seemed slightly plausible. At the point where ya'll said it was an almost done deal, the jig was up for me. Well done, as usual, however.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Ooh - good one! Or maybe the NCAA decided to pre-emptively vacate the UK appearance in the Final Four? I like your idea better, though. Has a certain ring of truth to it.
    I think they call that "pre-cating" ;>)

It's really a GREAT idea. Trade Duke & unc for miss state and south Carolina.

I love the thought of USC in the same conference!

But you know this board is too damn PC when they left out the best parts of the story:

The conference will adopt the Confederate Flag as its logo,

The Divisions will be called "Jeff Davis" and "Bobby E Lee"

I claim to have seen it from the outset. Even so, I enjoyed the J&B's effort. Not a bad piece for an April Fools joke.

Got me

until the part about "sleeping with Bernie Fein's wife, OY!

Ouch, I actually got excited for a minute. Guess the believability of the article just goes to show the insanity of modern expansion and antipathy towards the current ACC (at least speaking for myself!). Very well done.

I was reading the article, going, "What?...WHAT???" until my husband took pity on me and reminded me what day it was. LOL