Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 122
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdrumsinc View Post
    Well at least well find out tomorrow shabazz muhammad commits to kentucky. so we can all move on
    We don't find out until the 11th.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    K-Ville
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    At the end of the day, Kansas just does not have enough shooters. If they had 2 or 3 guys that could fill it up from deep, this would be a game.

    People can talk all they want about offense, and Calimari's coaching, but this Kentucky team is a dominant defensive team. They defend the perimeter and the interior. Kansas is a great defensive team as well, they just lack shooters to open space for T-Rob.
    Yeah, I'll give you the villification of Calimari, their fanbase, and Anthony Davis's facial hair, but I can't really find much fault in the UK players themselves. They actually play a really good brand of basketball: unselfish and defensively dominant with talent across the board. They play physically without being goons and just kick the ever-livin' out of other teams. Have to give the players their due.

    EDIT: Here come the Jayhawks...

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis are getting an early taste of what life will be like for them in the NBA when everyone is as tall and strong as you are.

    Jones can't handle Robinson and Davis is struggling to score against Withey.
    Davis needs more weight for sure. Barkley spoke on that this morning on the Dan Patrick show. He said Davis would be the top pick but realistically should stay in school until he is physically ready for the NBA. He is not a fan of the one and one rule.

    Congrats to Captains Amile Jefferson & Quinn Cook. Go lead this team to nets and hardware fellas!

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    At the end of the day, Kansas just does not have enough shooters. If they had 2 or 3 guys that could fill it up from deep, this would be a game.

    People can talk all they want about offense, and Calimari's coaching, but this Kentucky team is a dominant defensive team. They defend the perimeter and the interior. Kansas is a great defensive team as well, they just lack shooters to open space for T-Rob.
    I think if anything, as time goes on, people are gaining more respect for Calipari's coaching. That said, I haven't been particularly impressed with their perimeter defense perhaps they are just allowing Taylor and Co. to get into the lane b/c Davis is there but if they had a Mario Chalmers and Brandon Rush who could light it up from the outside, they've had plenty of open outside shots.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    4 quick observations...

    this loosely called game is definitely helping UK. plenty of action in the paint that seems like it normally would draw a whistle is being let go. t-rob and withey have not gotten the benefit of that.

    this game definitely goes against the trend of the 3 pt field goal dominating the action. both squads do not have much when it comes to spot up shooters that could take advantage of the great low post threats.

    davis and t-rob are clearly nba prospects that should help any NBA team. not sure about anyone else yet...mkg has not shown me that he can dominate people his size.

    while KU may not be the most skilled team...their conditioning is fantastic.
    Windy City Devil

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis are getting an early taste of what life will be like for them in the NBA when everyone is as tall and strong as you are.

    Jones can't handle Robinson and Davis is struggling to score against Withey.
    Yup. For all those folks talking about how Kentucky could beat the Wizards, take note. They've not run away from a Kansas team with only two players who can score at all. The Wizards have even more size than Kansas at every position, and significantly more talent at most positions (PF being the only exception).

    Davis will be very good NBA player as he gets accustomed to the size and speed of the game. I don't know that Jones has the skill to be a really good NBA player.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis are getting an early taste of what life will be like for them in the NBA when everyone is as tall and strong as you are.

    Jones can't handle Robinson and Davis is struggling to score against Withey.
    I agree, I think based on watching this game that if I were an NBA team I'd draft Robinson over Davis. Davis doesn't have any offense and seems to be getting by just on his freakish size and athleticism.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Um ... this game isn't over. would be a 1 pt game if kansas could dunk the ball.
    Singler is IRON

    I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

  9. #69
    A turnover at 3:10 is never a good idea. ugh.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Watching these two teams, I say Bill Self is a much better coach. Kansas looks so much more fluid on offense... they just don't have the same talent level.

    Calipari doesn't really coach... he just sends out his NBA prospects and lets them play, which is probably why so many players want to play there.

  11. #71
    Oh my. If that Robinson shot goes in, Kentucky's collars would be getting a little tight.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yup. For all those folks talking about how Kentucky could beat the Wizards, take note. They've not run away from a Kansas team with only two players who can score at all. The Wizards have even more size than Kansas at every position, and significantly more talent at most positions (PF being the only exception).

    Davis will be very good NBA player as he gets accustomed to the size and speed of the game. I don't know that Jones has the skill to be a really good NBA player.
    I agree that Jones seems to be a tweener who will probably have to be a 3 in the NBA but has not developed much and has seemed to have some issues with Calipari through two years that have to raise a red flag.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I agree, I think based on watching this game that if I were an NBA team I'd draft Robinson over Davis. Davis doesn't have any offense and seems to be getting by just on his freakish size and athleticism.
    I wouldn't. Robinson has peaked, IMO. He plays below the rim and doesn't shoot very well outside of the 5-10 feet around the basket. And he's not very fast... his bulk will be negated in the pros.

    Davis has plenty of potential... but he may be more Keith Closs than Kevin Garnett.

  14. #74
    wow - I thought JOnes had his foot out of bounds there.wow.

  15. #75
    It has frustrated me all day, but I think that I was right that Calipari may just have his title tonight. Ugh!

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I agree, I think based on watching this game that if I were an NBA team I'd draft Robinson over Davis. Davis doesn't have any offense and seems to be getting by just on his freakish size and athleticism.
    While I don't always agree with potential, I think this is one case you have to go with potential. First off, Davis' impact on defense has nullified much of Robinson for most of this game. Secondly, Robinson is a junior while Davis is a freshman. You would expect Davis to get better on offense and unless you are drafting for 1-2 years, Davis shows more potential down the road while seemingly providing as much impact as T-Rob does but on the other side.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    A turnover at 3:10 is never a good idea. ugh.
    A turnover at 57 seconds is never a good idea. UGH.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    It has frustrated me all day, but I think that I was right that Calipari may just have his title tonight. Ugh!
    Kansas made it interesting but too many mistakes. KY's game to lose.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    A turnover at 57 seconds is never a good idea. UGH.
    Tyshon Taylor... so fast with the ball, so slow with his decision making.

    He really makes some bonehead plays... must be maddening to coach.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Tyshon Taylor... so fast with the ball, so slow with his decision making.

    He really makes some bonehead plays... must be maddening to coach.
    The Johnson kid hurt them too. Driving baseline with no where to go.. had a chance to cut it to 5. and now he travels.. ugh

    Congrats to Captains Amile Jefferson & Quinn Cook. Go lead this team to nets and hardware fellas!

Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Dawkins' Stanford team wins NIT
    By Pernell in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
  2. Ohio State vacates wins
    By -jk in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:24 PM
  3. Is the RPI really an inferior selection tool?
    By Sir Stealth in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 04:03 PM
  4. Basketball Team as a Football Team
    By FireOgilvie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 04:33 PM
  5. paris hilton themed caption?
    By hc5duke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •