WBB: Denver Final Four

I appreciate that the good burghers of Denver wanted to share the Colorado license plate with the rest of the country, but it is an extreme floor design, and I hope it is not distracting the players. Some of us viewers are getting a bit dizzy.

Notre Dame leads UConn by six with 3:40 left -- check it out!

sagegrouse

That's pretty much the view out my window. Do yourself a favor and don't move here.

Into overtime. I swear UConn got every call coming down the stretch.

Muffet? Skyler? Ugh! Double ugh!

UConn lesser of two evils.

Well,...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    That's pretty much the view out my window. Do yourself a favor and don't move here.
    Ex-cooooose me! I have a perpetual of the Park Range from my house. -- sage

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Into overtime. I swear UConn got every call coming down the stretch.
    I thought ND did a really good job of kicking away a six-point lead and having to score in the last five seconds to even get to OT. Like, with under a minute left, leaving their PG in the backcourt alone with a double team. Doris Burke was scathing in her comments about a dumb mistake for an experienced team,

sage

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Tenmile and Gore are taller. Nyah nyah nyah.

I'd use a word that would get me banned here...thank god those ND girls are graduating.

go stanford...take em both out
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I think he doesn't want more people moving in.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Muffet? Skyler? Ugh! Double ugh!

UConn lesser of two evils.
    I don't follow women's b-ball very closely but I have always cheered against UConn in the spirit of spreading the wealth (plus Geno is kind of an arse). What is the story with Muffet and Skyler? I think you will get your wish to see them lose on Tuesday night .

Does anyone else feel that all this fuss being made about comments online about Brittney Griner a little condescending towards female athletes? Obviously a lot of the stuff mocking her is in poor taste and I wouldn't condone it. But I don't see a huge rush by columnists to defend Anthony Davis from those mocking his looks.

I hate how Griner gets so much attention for being such a talented athlete. Her skill-set is not that impressive, she is an athletic 6'8 woman, and that's what's remarkable about her, not her skills. She's 6'8 and can dunk, it would be a travesty if she couldn't at that height. Her dominance at this level is similar to Wilt Chamberlains in the NBA. He was so much more physically dominant than the vast majority of other centers in the league at that time, and guess what happened when he ran into another person of his stature (Bill Russell), he lost. Maybe this is just sour grapes, but there are much more skilled players who have better personalities and represent college athletics infinitely better than Britney Griner.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that she straight up wrecked a girl in the face a few years ago. What do we chalk that up to? Being young? She hit a girl a foot shorter than her for being rough in the post.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a very big fan of this Griner lady, and sincerely hope that with a healthy front line next year, the lady blue devils can throw a wall of talent at her in the post and take this team down.

Quote Originally Posted by Double DD View Post
    Does anyone else feel that all this fuss being made about comments online about Brittney Griner a little condescending towards female athletes? Obviously a lot of the stuff mocking her is in poor taste and I wouldn't condone it. But I don't see a huge rush by columnists to defend Anthony Davis from those mocking his looks.
    Agree. I don't condone any attacks like that...but to suppose that she deserves any consideration than the rest of the sports world? cmon.

Just go read any mens basketball article's comments on ESPN to see the vitrol thats hurled at anybody and everybody by opposing fans.

IS it right? no. But it means that she's risen to a high enough public visibility that people will start hating...that's how it is...unfortunate, yes, but its silly to make a big deal of it. Most women's basketball programs are simply not used to the kind of attention that draws that kind of hate.

And to the other poster:

who cares if her dominance comes from size more than skill? All that matters is that she uses it to her advantage. This is basketball. If you're not using your build to your advantage, you're doing something woefully wrong. Was zoubek the most skilled player? certainly not...but he was 7'1 and that allowed him to be a dominant offensive rebounder. was shaq the most skilled player? no...but he was an absolute monster of a human being...and is one of the best centers in the history of the NBA...dominated the game for what, 12 years?

The more of a physical abnormality you are, the less skill you need. It's like a power back vs a speed back in the NFL...both are important...one gets it done with physicality, one with finesse

As to punching the girl, that was bad...really bad.,...and she got suspended. From what i've read (quotes from her, here team), though, she seems to have come a long way as a person since then. I would be more worried if it seemed to be a recurring problem...but she learned to take that aggression out in, shall we say, more appropriate ways.
    1200. DDMF.

Congratulations to the Baylor Lady Bears on a Perfect 40 -0 season and winning the National Championship last night. The Women's Semis and Final games were exciting to watch, with 4 #1 seeds competiting.

I enjoyed watching all 3 games and seeing great women's basketball from Baylor, Notre Dame, Stanford and UConn. Looking forward to next season, to see Our own Duke Women's Basketball team, reach the Final Four!

Congrats to Coach Mulkey and her ladies on having a wonderful season, and taking home the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I hate how Griner gets so much attention for being such a talented athlete. Her skill-set is not that impressive, she is an athletic 6'8 woman, and that's what's remarkable about her, not her skills. She's 6'8 and can dunk, it would be a travesty if she couldn't at that height. Her dominance at this level is similar to Wilt Chamberlains in the NBA.
    So your argument is that Griner gets too much attention because she's only as dominant as Wilt?