Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnny Dawkins' Stanford team wins NIT

"If you ain't pissed off for greatness, then you're okay with being mediocre"--Ray Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhOVQ9wEA

Great moment for those kids. It was posted here earlier today.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell View Post
    "If you ain't pissed off for greatness, then you're okay with being mediocre"--Ray Lewis

I think Ray Lewis would do wonders as Duke's big man coach.

Best of luck to Coach Dawkins and the Stanford Cardinal tonight in the NIT championship! Hopefully the motivation from the other night will propel Coach Dawkins and his team to win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    I think Ray Lewis would do wonders as Duke's big man coach.
    I think Mr. Lewis would chase them around Cameron until they just gave up and became great.

The Gophers are Done

Stanford led 31-25 at the half and now leads 60-37 with 7 mins. left. Ray Lewis must have given the halftime speech because the Cardinal have outscored Minnesota 29-12 in the second half.

Go JD!

sagegrouse

JD is a great coach and better person. Stanford is lucky to have him. I'm a Tubby fan, from the time he played his college ball as a star at High Point to today. I'm a little surprised he has stayed at Minnesota for so long, but after his experience in the fishbowl at Kentucky...Always the best to Tubby!

Congrats Johnny D! Don't think I'm in danger of pre-calling it with 3:49 left and a 30-point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post
    JD is a great coach and better person. Stanford is lucky to have him. I'm a Tubby fan, from the time he played his college ball as a star at High Point to today. I'm a little surprised he has stayed at Minnesota for so long, but after his experience in the fishbowl at Kentucky...Always the best to Tubby!

Congrats Johnny D! Don't think I'm in danger of pre-calling it with 3:49 left and a 30-point lead.
    Nice win. Not the NCAA tourney- but something UNC could not do. Winning a tourney is always an accomplishment.

The trophy for this tournament is a bust of Dave Odom, right?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Well Johnny D has done what Ol' Roy couldn't.

Congrats!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

And they won it with tremendous, shutdown defense. Earlier on, one of the announcers called it Duke defense and they just talked about Johny learning defense at Duke.

It was familiar but not what we saw from the devils this year

johnny > roy

congrats mister dawkins...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Way to go, Johnny!

COMPLETELY agree ... Tubby's a class act. I think he enjoys just being a basketball coach and doesn't have to be saddled with all the crazy KY junk. JD, of course, is as classy as they come.

Congrats to the Cardinal ... They are champions!

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    The trophy for this tournament is a bust of Dave Odom, right?
    Post of the year... That is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell View Post

I feel like Ray Lewis' quote should be the motto for the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I feel like Ray Lewis' quote should be the motto for the NIT.
    I love that commenter who said that Ray's speech "Ray lewis could convince me to go to war armed with a pencil and a stick of gum"

Not bad for a <2 min speech.

Congrats Johnny! Your team looked impressive, and they should be even better next year.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Stanford bball will soon be back to the level it was at under Mike Montgomery...

That Dawkins is the nicest man on the planet makes this all the more satisfying.

Thumbs up

Great game for Johnny and the Cardinal. Stanford just BLEW THEM AWAY in the second half, up by over 30 at one point I believe. Congratulations coach. Stanford got a good one when they got you!

BTW, the TV announcers made it sound like Stanford will be pretty good next year. Only losing one front-line starter (who I think they said scores about 12 per game) and one front-line reserve. But they are bringing in a 4-star recruit, and two 3-star guys. So, expect to see Stanford near the top of the Pac-12 again. (Yeah, I know, that isn't necessarily saying much...)

Way to go Johnny D!!!!