Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    What number is Rasheed out there?
    He's # 5.

How does Shabazz look? Is Rasheed running the point at all?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    How does Shabazz look? Is Rasheed running the point at all?
    Shabazz has 22 of their 34 points. Taken a lot of shots, but really the only one attacking.

Sheed's hardly played, and has been ineffective when he's been in. Don't think this is going to be his game.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    How does Shabazz look?
    He has scored 22 points and has looked good doing it.
    Bob Green

USA getting schooled by the Internationals. The Canadians have some talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Shabazz has 22 of their 34 points. Taken a lot of shots, but really the only one attacking.

Sheed's hardly played, and has been ineffective when he's been in. Don't think this is going to be his game.
    Everyone but Shabazz and Noel looks overmatched out there. Kyle Anderson is holding his own, but the World team is pretty darn good. The kid from China, Wang, is a monster. And the Eastern Bloc kids are pretty good.

I really hope Duke goes hard after Wiggins, though.

Shabazz clearly playing on a different level than everyone else on USA right now. He's playing agressive and can physically dominate 1 on 1 offensively from what I've seen. He's a MKG clone.

While Sheed has struggled, Robinson has looked worse IMO.

How does Rasheed's defense look... I assume from the comments that he has tured the ball over and missed some shots

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Shabazz clearly playing on a different level than everyone else on USA right now. He's playing agressive and can physically dominate 1 on 1 offensively from what I've seen. He's a MKG clone.

While Sheed has struggled, Robinson has looked worse IMO.
    I don't disagree that Rasheed, like most of the US team in the first 2 quarters, has looked less than smooth, but I want to assure posters who can't see this game that Rasheed has plenty of talent.

The World team is working well together, and they're well-coached, given the short training period [I assume]. I will guess that the US will make a run of some sort.

I repeat: Rasheed doesn't "look" good compared to Shabazz or the really impressive Andrew Wiggins. But Rasheed will be very good at Duke, and will contribute substantially his first year. He is not overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I don't disagree that Rasheed, like most of the US team in the first 2 quarters, has looked less than smooth, but I want to assure posters who can't see this game that Rasheed has plenty of talent.

The World team is working well together, and they're well-coached, given the short training period [I assume]. I will guess that the US will make a run of some sort.

I repeat: Rasheed doesn't "look" good compared to Shabazz or the really impressive Andrew Wiggins. But Rasheed will be very good at Duke, and will contribute substantially his first year. He is not overrated.
    I agree.

Meanwhile, Kyle Anderson is getting plenty of opportunities to show where he needs to improve. Color me less than impressed. He's skilled but I can't see him making a kid want to go to school to play with him. He dominates the ball. His passes are rarely assists and he's had quite a few turnovers and fouls.

And will someone tell me why they are playing the Sanford and Son theme during the game?

Wang Zhelin is looking pretty beastly!! He's got game.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    According to announcers, Andrew Wiggins may re-classify from class of 2014 to 2013. That would mean that Duke would be chasing 2 superb SFs, Wiggins and Jabari Parker, in the class of 2013. Wiggins has looked really good in the first quarter, and he's easily the youngest guy out there, playing for World Team, as he is from Canada, I guess.
    Please tell me that Wiggins's nickname is "Ender"...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Come on Rasheed! I want him to start getting things done in this game. He can do it. I don't like having Kevin Boyle coaching this game. I know he is a good coach, but he hasn't taught them how to stop a pick and roll or a double screen at all so far.

Rasheed doesn't seem comfortable trying to penetrate yet. I hope he gets more aggressive later on.

Wow. Muhammad has some sweet moves. Loved that little hook in the low post near the end of the third quarter.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Wiggins is like a mix of Dejuan Wagner, Dewayne Wade, and Allen Iverson. Wow. Just wow.

This production is starting to get on my nerves. Why show interviews? Rasheed just fed Shabazz after forcing the turnover! Nice D!

Nice steal by our guy there and the dish to Muhammad for the jam. USA coming back!
    JBDuke

Sulaimon just demonstrated some strong on ball defense with a steal and then unselfishly gave the ball to Shabazz for a dunk.
    Bob Green

defense

Rasheed has played all during this good comeback run by the US, I think because of his pressure D. Rasheed likes to play D.

Wiggins still looks real good. Ditto Muhammad.

I'm still posting because Rasheed just made a steal and instead of going in for a gimme dunk, fed it to Shabazz for the dunk.

Rasheed can play.

Sheed with a nice steal and pass to Shabazz for the jam! Let's hop we see much more of that next year.