Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Miller is also a universe better as a passer than Barnes, and always has been.
    How on earth can you say that?

Has anyone ever seen the "dirty pigeon" pass?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

How on earth can you say that?

Has anyone ever seen the "dirty pigeon" pass?
    Now, I understand who you mean by "dirty pigeon," but I also wonder if that is related to "dirty bird?" (As in well, I'll be a ...). Since a pigeon is sort of a "junk" bird, I would guess a dirty pigeon is lower in the "pecking" order than a dirty bird.

While you guys continue to obsess with HB, a future PG battle looms and UNC now has the inside track.

I heard he's already considering shocking the world by making his announcement with a hand written letter.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwq7F...eature=youtu.be

bad link signor weet...did u mean to have a dot between tu and be?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    While you guys continue to obsess with HB, a future PG battle looms and UNC now has the inside track.

I heard he's already considering shocking the world by making his announcement with a hand written letter.

For some reason, I find it humorous that your link contained a "malformed video ID"

So Roy has already lost confidence in Marcus Paige and Nate Britt? That was pretty fast.

Stith

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I have many fond memories of those guys (I'm guessing you are taking about Bryant Stith) and the ACC of that era. I hate to taint those memories will the association to Barnes. Miller on the other hand was a Duke miss and then beat us in the NCAAs.
    The Stith comparison is interesting. He was really much better at driving and drawing fouls, and had a lot of heart. I'd take him over Barnes any day. Pretty sure Duke recruited Stith.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    The Stith comparison is interesting. He was really much better at driving and drawing fouls, and had a lot of heart. I'd take him over Barnes any day. Pretty sure Duke recruited Stith.
    Yeah, K loved Stith. Recruited him, and then spoke very highly of him when he played at UVa.
    He was one of those guys that K made a big point of spending a moment with in the handshake line.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    For some reason, I find it humorous that your link contained a "malformed video ID"
    Trying again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwq7...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I'll do you one better. Minus the girth - he's Brian Stith or Dennis Scott (although hardly as prolific as those guys). But mostly he's just Bob Sura...
    I think you very much insulted Bob Sura. Barnes is nowhere near the player Bob Sura was while Sura was in college. Plus Sura was both quicker and more athletic.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I think you very much insulted Bob Sura. Barnes is nowhere near the player Bob Sura was while Sura was in college. Plus Sura was both quicker and more athletic.
    Couldn't agree more. Sura was a terrific all-around player who regularly stuffed the stat sheet at FSU, and had the quickness and handle to credibly play point in the NBA. Dennis Scott is actually the best comparison I have heard, though he had much deeper range on his jumper upon entering the league.

"Trying again..."

cute. kid knows what he is doing out there. looks one and done to me, though.

I don't know. His defense looks pretty suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lid View Post
    I don't know. His defense looks pretty suspect.
    Plus, he seemed a little selfish with the ball. But I really like his handle!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Sura was a terrific all-around player who regularly stuffed the stat sheet at FSU, and had the quickness and handle to credibly play point in the NBA. Dennis Scott is actually the best comparison I have heard, though he had much deeper range on his jumper upon entering the league.
    And remember, Sura was part of the Wine and Cheese game in '91. Barnes fits the Whine part.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Honestly, I thought I was doing Sura a disservice myself but I was trying to consider style of play. Barnes COULD do what Sura did but it was so infrequent and random that it was hard to take seriously.

I actually really liked the Dennis Scott comparison and Scott was actually pretty slim in college and wanted to do nothing but shoot.

Honestly, I thought I was doing Sura a disservice myself but I was trying to consider style of play. Barnes COULD do what Sura did but it was so infrequent and random that it was hard to take seriously.

I actually really liked the Dennis Scott comparison and Scott was actually pretty slim in college and wanted to do nothing but shoot.
    Dennis Scott was one of the three or four best long-range shooters I've ever seen in the ACC. I don't see much of a comparison with Harrison Barnes.

And Sura was a stud.

Frankly, I see Barnes as a somewhat better Danny Green, who surprisingly--to me, at least--has turned into a decent NBA player. Danny Granger-lite?

BTW, the wine-and-cheese game was in 1992, FSU's first season in the ACC.

Still disagree on Sura. As a junior, he averaged 21.2ppg, 7.9rpg, 4.5apg and 2.4spg, and got to the line almost 7 times a game. No way could I ever envision Barnes producing across the board like that. He has neither the skills or the athleticism. He and Sura are two completely different types of player.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Dennis Scott was one of the three or four best long-range shooters I've ever seen in the ACC. I don't see much of a comparison with Harrison Barnes.

And Sura was a stud.

Frankly, I see Barnes as a somewhat better Danny Green, who surprisingly--to me, at least--has turned into a decent NBA player. Danny Granger-lite?

BTW, the wine-and-cheese game was in 1992, FSU's first season in the ACC.
    Still disagree on Sura. As a junior, he averaged 21.2ppg, 7.9rpg, 4.5apg and 2.4spg, and got to the line almost 7 times a game. No way could I ever envision Barnes producing across the board like that. He has neither the skills or the athleticism. He and Sura are two completely different types of player.
    The problem that comes in is that it's pretty hard to think of an ACC player that Barnes compares to hype wise b/c those guys were pretty good and cut their teeth for many years developing their games.

Most of the guys that have gotten the hype throughout the years have been stone cold killers. That's one of the reasons I could never understand why they chose to promote Barnes and not Zeller or Marshall. It's like they kept promoting this "what if?" factor almost. Like "tonight will be the night Barnes goes crazy!". It rarely happened.

I mean this IS a guy that's about to go in the first round of the draft based on SOMETHING. He's not chopped liver but I think that's more a statement of the quality of player in the NBA now... In 1990 Barnes would have done some damage (well maybe, what they lacked in athleticism they more than made up for in physicality).

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The fact that Danny Green starts for a legit title contender is baffling, but that Spurs organization is amazing at evaluating talent to fit exactly what they want to do. Obviously, he is not better than Manu but since they established this rotation with Manu out, and Manu is a team-first guy, Manu now comes off the bench.

I think Danny Granger is an ok comp, but can we give Granger a little more credit by calling Green Danny Granger very lite?