Blue Devils Items

We have a dear friend that died in an accident last week. He was a Devils fan. I mean like there is all kinds of stuff in his house and a closet FULL of Blue Devils clothing, some never worn. He was meticulous in caring for his possessions and everything is in excellent condition. I saw a yearbook and some other things like a helmet, clock, collectibles; we haven't actually inventoried it yet. We've been asked to help with a "garage sale" but I just hate to see this stuff sold that way. It is far too nice for a garage sale. Is there any bulletin board, blog or some way that I could find fans that might be interested in purchasing some of this stuff? Is there some where it can be donated to be sold for some type of charity? IF you could point me in the right direction on who or what to contact, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question.
    Jeannie
    I can be contacted at geninut@cox.net
    Last edited by Geninut92025; 07-30-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: To leave contact information

Quote Originally Posted by Geninut92025 View Post
    We have a dear friend that died in an accident last week. He was a Devils fan. I mean like there is all kinds of stuff in his house and a closet FULL of Blue Devils clothing, some never worn. He was meticulous in caring for his possessions and everything is in excellent condition. I saw a yearbook and some other things like a helmet, clock, collectibles; we haven't actually inventoried it yet. We've been asked to help with a "garage sale" but I just hate to see this stuff sold that way. It is far too nice for a garage sale. Is there any bulletin board, blog or some way that I could find fans that might be interested in purchasing some of this stuff? Is there some where it can be donated to be sold for some type of charity? IF you could point me in the right direction on who or what to contact, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question.
    Jeannie
    You've come to the right place. The DBR has for several years successfully auctioned off Duke memorabilia with the proceeds going to charitable causes, such as the children's section of the Duke Medical Center. If Julio and Boswell don't see this and respond, I suggest you send them a note at the following e-mail address: staff@dukebasketballreport.com

I was thinking the same, Stray!! GO DUKE!!

First, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. My sympathies.

If Julio or Bos can't help, you might do better selling his stuff on Ebay or Craigslist than just through a regular garage sale.