Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
But Anthony Davis is just unbelievable on both ends of the floor. He completely changes the game when he's on the floor.
So, what exactly does Anthony Davis do on the offensive end of the floor that is so "unbelievable"? He does not score as much as Robinson or Green. He does not demand a double-team. He averages less than one assist per game. He scores on put-backs and off penetration by his guards. He has put together an ok midrange jumper recently, but it is far from "unbelievable".

As far as defense goes, it is hard to quibble, but let's not ignore that he really is just fantastic as a help defender / shot blocker. In the tournament, the primary big man on the opposing team has scored 23, 20, and 22 points on him. (Ignoring Western Kentucky, no idea who their big man was.)

The one thing that easily applies to "both ends of the floor" is rebounding, an area where Robinson is clearly better.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
Both are truly special players. I'd just put Anthony Davis ever so slightly ahead in my opinion.
And that's ok. I have no problem if people think Davis had a better year, but the original quote was Davis is "far and away" the best player in cbb this year, and that's crazy.