Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    They may not remember those things but I assure you, UNC fans will remember Lehigh, even more than we recount Weber State - you can count on it. They'll probably remember the blowout in Cameron for awhile, but at least it wasn't 82-50. For awhile it looked like it might be.

But yes, we'll always remember AR's "the shot" - even more if Zeller proves to be as exasperatingly solid in the NBA as he was in college.
    This is true. They're already harping on it.

My point back is, who cares? Neither team won the championship.

Ur
    Not
    Champs

Not sure anyone posted this (I didn't go through all the pages), but my favorite threads on IC are...

~Barnes should go pro. Roy should retire.

~Eating one of your own (probably my fave)

~Window closed for at least 2 years

~Barnes is a wide receiver

~Anybody with a brain...

~Roy more popular in Kansas than ever before

~So that wasn't a foul ref?

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    They're already harping on it.

My point back is, who cares?
    I think you answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yup. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Marshall and Henson are the keys. Barnes and McAdoo sre nice players but without Marshall and Henson that is a fairly "meh" team.
    I think McAdoo is much better than a nice player, but I don't mean to nitpick [just now ... plenty of time for that to come.... ]

Most interesting will be whether this is a sort of falling dominoes situation. I have to believe Marshall would like a shot at the NC. Hard to imagine him staying, however, if both McAdoo and Henson depart, because Desmond Hubert and the new guys are a bit of a come-down from Zeller, Henson, and McAdoo. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Not sure anyone posted this (I didn't go through all the pages), but my favorite threads on IC are...

~Barnes should go pro. Roy should retire.

~Eating one of your own (probably my fave)

~Window closed for at least 2 years

~Barnes is a wide receiver

~Anybody with a brain...

~Roy more popular in Kansas than ever before

I'm glad we don't allow those type threads here!!

It still amazes me at how much UNC fans revert to being State fans once they lose a game.

Kansas had more fouls (before they started fouling intentionally), more guys in foul trouble... usually the excuse UNC uses is that the other team shot more 3s. Not this game...

But yea, totally the ref's fault.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I think McAdoo is much better than a nice player, but I don't mean to nitpick [just now ... plenty of time for that to come.... ]

Most interesting will be whether this is a sort of falling dominoes situation. I have to believe Marshall would like a shot at the NC. Hard to imagine him staying, however, if both McAdoo and Henson depart, because Desmond Hubert and the new guys are a bit of a come-down from Zeller, Henson, and McAdoo. Wow.
    McAdoo had a nice post season, but did pretty much nothing during the regular season. I agree the potential is there to be a really good player, but as expected he did not approach the level of success that Marvin Williams and Brandon Wright had in their one season at UNC.

That said, I will not be disappointed at all if he takes the money and runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    McAdoo had a nice post season, but did pretty much nothing during the regular season. I agree the potential is there to be a really good player, but as expected he did not approach the level of success that Marvin Williams and Brandon Wright had in their one season at UNC.

Agreed. I think he's going to be a monster if he stays.

I think he didn't do much this year because of Roy's rotation and because he had Henson and Zeller in front of him.

It still amazes me at how much UNC fans revert to being State fans once they lose a game.

Kansas had more fouls (before they started fouling intentionally), more guys in foul trouble... usually the excuse UNC uses is that the other team shot more 3s. Not this game...

But yea, totally the ref's fault.
    I really only intensely watched the 2nd half, and I thought the officiating was excellent. Sure, there's always going to be one or two calls that could go either way, but that's the game.

I never blame a loss on a ref...except when Karl Hess and Ted Valentine are involved!

I really only intensely watched the 2nd half, and I thought the officiating was excellent. Sure, there's always going to be one or two calls that could go either way, but that's the game.

I never blame a loss on a ref...except when Karl Hess and Ted Valentine are involved!
    Yea the officiating was pretty even overall.

Though I *wanted* it to be lopsided for KU.

Yes, McAdoo's underwhelming season, until lately, surprised me, as I was so, so impressed with him in last year's HS all-star games. I was relieved when he came around. [Doesn't sound quite right. Was I actually happy when he started playing well?]

But surely Charles Barkley and I cannot be the only people who think he's soon to be a great player. Help me out here.

If he stays, I swear he's the next great Heel. So, I'm hoping Charles Barkley's hype will move him up to NBA #2, ahead of MK-G, and he says good-bye and thanks for the memories.

Edit: But if Marshall stays, no matter what Barnes and Henson do, I think McAdoo stays.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Yea the officiating was pretty even overall.

Though I *wanted* it to be lopsided for KU.
    The two blocking calls involving Barnes were the only two calls I saw that were questionable and both favored UNC. With 2 minutes left, UNC had only committed 4 fouls in the 2nd half. Kind of hard to blame the ref's with that factoid.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    "How could Marshall do this TO ME!"

The two blocking calls involving Barnes were the only two calls I saw that were questionable and both favored UNC. With 2 minutes left, UNC had only committed 4 fouls in the 2nd half. Kind of hard to blame the ref's with that factoid.
    That actually hurt them a little in the end, since they had to burn time fouling to put KU on the line.

So, in that regard, I guess it *was* the officiating's fault.

My wish list for UNC players going pro:

1. Henson
    2. Marshall
    3. McAdoo
    4. Barnes

That's also probably the order I'd draft them, as a GM. Supposedly, they're all projected lottery - I'd guess that Henson and Barnes are goners, and that Marshall is more likely than not to go too. I imagine McAdoo will follow in the regressive footsteps of Ed Davis, John Henson and Harrison Barnes and turn down the lottery, though.

ETA: McAdoo would absolutely go lottery if he jumped, scouts LOVE him.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I think we've been through this about a million times. Both the ACC regular season and ACC tournament winners are recognized by the league. The latter is the ACC Champion and the former is the ACC Regular Season Champion. Very hard for me to believe we wouldn't count as a feather in our cap a regular season championship if the shoe were on the other foot.
    You said it in your post...ACC Champion. UNC hasn't been ACC champion for a few years and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I've been on the fence regarding Barnes since he got to UNC, and agree he's a mystery.

I like his game for his size, but I've never been sold on his NBA prospects like all the media talk. You guys will note I've never been gushing about his NBA possibilities, like I have for Henson since day one, for instance. I've just sort of stayed quiet and observed, because I've really just been unsure what to think of his game.

He has a feathery shot, but everything else is average to me. He can go first round, but I doubt he's in the lottery after his play this season. Mid first round. There is a good chance he stays, I think.

Zeller is a solid 12 year NBA player and should go late lottery, IMO.

Henson's emerging face up game. Has him in the top 5 should he decide to leave. Big decision coming for him.

McAdoo has helped himself get into the lottery based on the potential everyone sees. Big decision for him too. My sense is he will stay and be the man next season. It would really make him better, but would never fault him for going lottery.

Marshall is mid to late first round. He stays unless some team with a big need at point really makes a push for him and moves him way up.

Will be interesting to see how the spring unfolds, for sure.
    Agree with everything you said, except about Henson. If he puts on 40 lbs in the next week, then we can talk top 5, but he isn't there right now. He went up against a NBA level front line today and was not particularly impressive. Until the kid puts some meat on his bones he will get pushed around in the NBA and deal with injuries, which we have already seen in college. He's late lottery.

I'm really interested to indulge in the Black Pigeon's fallout. His stock could plummet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    My wish list for UNC players going pro:

1. Henson
    2. Marshall
    3. McAdoo
    4. Barnes

That's also probably the order I'd draft them, as a GM. Supposedly, they're all projected lottery - I'd guess that Henson and Barnes are goners, and that Marshall is more likely than not to go too. I imagine McAdoo will follow in the regressive footsteps of Ed Davis, John Henson and Harrison Barnes and turn down the lottery, though.

ETA: McAdoo would absolutely go lottery if he jumped, scouts LOVE him.
    Marshall is the key; he's what keeps Henson, Barnes, and McAdoo "well-fed". If Marshall goes, they ALL go(although, as I posted earlier, ego may keep Barnes around regardless).

There were several that went KU's way too though. Early on Withey got away with a charge. Robinson got away with one too, and alsO got away with several obvious travels. Basically there was almost no such thing as a charge tonight. Some good and some bad, but pretty balanced.