Congrats Greg Paulus for making it to Final 4 (staff member)

Good to see Paulus finally make it even as a staff member on Ohio State. I predict he will be a great coach in 5-10 years.

Still jarring to see him in the red tie but proud of our Greg. He's a gamer!

Paulus is tough on his alma maters

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    Good to see Paulus finally make it even as a staff member on Ohio State. I predict he will be a great coach in 5-10 years.
    You do not want Greg Paulus coaching against you, if he played for your school, apparently-- I now have seen Ohio State put a whuppin' on Duke, and take apart Syracuse's vaunted zone (using high/low post passing action in the center of Syracuse's defense, to dissect it and get close in shots in the paint, which are supposed to be hard to come by against the Syracuse zone-- OSU beat Syracuse with the fewest 3-point FGs of anyone since 2008)... looks like Paulus' video scouting reports are pretty effective at finding opposing team's weaknesses.

Yeah, and Greg Paulus is the predominate reason for that.

Glad to see he's doing well, but I think he just coordinates the video, not dissects it.

“I’ve known Greg since he was in about eighth grade. He was a great player and loves the game and a great football player and basketball player, and I’ve always enjoyed conversations with him over the years. He’s a great kid. He understands the game. He’ll be a tremendous coach.” -Jim Boeheim

I love Greg Paulus and would like to see him do well but I can't overcome my childhood teachings. I can't root for Ohio State. (Sorry, Sue & Mike)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    “I’ve known Greg since he was in about eighth grade. He was a great player and loves the game and a great football player and basketball player, and I’ve always enjoyed conversations with him over the years. He’s a great kid. He understands the game. He’ll be a tremendous coach.” -Jim Boeheim
    To add to the quotes from that article,

'Ohio State’s video coordinator is Greg Paulus, Duke’s point guard from 2006-09 and Syracuse’s quarterback — the football kind — as he pursued a Master’s degree in 2009. After one season as an assistant basketball coach at Navy, Paulus joined Thad Matta’s staff at Ohio State. Matta recruited Paulus out of high school when he was coaching at Xavier...

“I love watching football with him because he can tell you what’s going to happen, when it’s going to happen, why it’s going to happen, the coverages,” Matta said. “And I sat with him a couple times at Ohio State games this year and honestly learned a ton. He’s got a great mind, obviously, for the game of football. And I do know this: There was nobody rooting harder for Syracuse this year than he was. I think he feels like he’s been a great part of that program, and he loves the staff and his teammates.”'