Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 230
  1. #21

    My Takes

    I hope somebody steps up and beats UK.

    Barnes is really overrated.

    Zeller is one class act. Congrats to him on a great career.

    Always nice to see the Heels go down.

    It was just too big a stage for White.

    SoCal

  2. #22
    Bill Self is the coach of the year. They got blown out by Kentucky in the Garden, beat by Duke at Maui Indoor Stadium, and barely beat Ohio State without Sullinger at Phog Allen. They have gotten so much better.

    Really looking forward to Sully vs. T-Rex.

    Unfortunately, UK is probably gonna take this down. They're not going down to Louisville.

    Great to see the Heels lose, feel bad they couldn't have gotten beat at full streak so I don't have to worry about hearing about all the injuries.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Went out to walk the dogs with the score tied. Nice to see the final right as I walked back in the house.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO

    Next Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Bill Self is the coach of the year. They got blown out by Kentucky in the Garden, beat by Duke at Maui Indoor Stadium, and barely beat Ohio State without Sullinger at Phog Allen. They have gotten so much better.

    Really looking forward to Sully vs. T-Rex.

    Unfortunately, UK is probably gonna take this down. They're not going down to Louisville.

    Great to see the Heels lose, feel bad they couldn't have gotten beat at full streak so I don't have to worry about hearing about all the injuries.
    If the Final Four teams played like they did this weekend, Kentucky wins easily. But then, next weekend is not this weekend, and I have seen teams play much worse when they get to the Final Four.

    sage

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boca Grande Florida
    KS made the big plays when the game was on the line in the last 4 mins to earn the win in a hard fought game.

    I thought the keys that decided the game were KS being strong on the boards, and UNC's inability to create and shoot from the outside, a problem they never solved all season and it caught up with them.

    I also thought that Henson was playing soft and settling for too many jumpers the whole game because of his injuries. Defensively he didn't get inside and mix it up on the boards like he usually does. That hurt.

    KS was just too good for UNC to win without being at full strength, and maybe even if UNC was healthy.

    All in all the team competed hard through some serious adversity, great job from Roy this season keeping the team moving forward to the elite 8 with all the injuries.
    Wheat/"/"/"
    "An angry man catches no fish"-Zen proverb.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greensboro
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Finally the evil empire goes down. Discuss.
    Thank goodness!

  7. #27

    His legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    no title for the black pigeon....too worried about his "brand"
    Is it too early to talk about the Golden Child's legacy? When he skyped ol' Roy, people seemed to think that he was the next Jordan, and more importantly the whole thing was taken as proof positive that Coach K couldn't recruit against UNC (I guess Kyrie didn't count).

    Barnes has been a nice player, to quote Jerry West, and the team has an ACC title and two elite eights, but he certainly wasn't worth all the sk/hype.

    The main thing for us is that we will miss Austin and probably Mason, but Carolina will likely be facing another mass migration.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I hope somebody steps up and beats UK.

    Barnes is really overrated.

    Zeller is one class act. Congrats to him on a great career.

    Always nice to see the Heels go down.

    It was just too big a stage for White.

    SoCal
    Well, yes and no. White and Watts did combine to about equal KM's average game. Even while facing a good team like Kansas with it's bigger guards the kid still had 0 turnovers, 7 assists, 4 points and even managed a steal and 2 rebounds.
    A better performance than he had against Ohio. Wonder what he would be like if he had another game or two under his belt. He seems to be a quick study.

    Agree with everything else you said.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Duke View Post
    Well, yes and no. White and Watts did combine to about equal KM's average game. Even while facing a good team like Kansas with it's bigger guards the kid still had 0 turnovers, 7 assists, 4 points and even managed a steal and 2 rebounds.
    A better performance than he had against Ohio. Wonder what he would be like if he had another game or two under his belt. He seems to be a quick study.

    Agree with everything else you said.
    He played better but he still wasn't very good. And he shrunk at the end of the game.

    I seem to recall him turning it over once or twice, too...

  10. #30

    NOLA would have just distracted the Heels from:

    1. Hanging their Sweet 16 banner in the Dean Dome
    2. Retiring Stilman White's jersey

    (Or should Duke retire his jersey?)

    Actually, I thought the kid did an admirable job, considering the pressure of stepping in as a freshman to run the point for Marshall.

    The first half was very good. If the two teams kept that up for the 2nd half, I thought we were headed into "instant classic" territory.

    At the half, the talking heads all thought UNC was headed to a sure victory, given that Kansas had not managed to expose White.

    I'm not sure what happened to UNC -- they just sorta stopped scoring at about the 7 minute mark.

    Regardless, I will sleep well tonight with the Heels headed home. As my mom says: "The second best thing."

    They won the "regular" season in an ACC with an unbalanced schedule...

    Other than that, what does the consensus "best team ever assembled" have to hang their hat on? ...
    Last edited by Newton_14; 03-25-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: language

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Is it too early to talk about the Golden Child's legacy? When he skyped ol' Roy, people seemed to think that he was the next Jordan, and more importantly the whole thing was taken as proof positive that Coach K couldn't recruit against UNC (I guess Kyrie didn't count).

    Barnes has been a nice player, to quote Jerry West, and the team has an ACC title and two elite eights, but he certainly wasn't worth all the sk/hype.

    The main thing for us is that we will miss Austin and probably Mason, but Carolina will likely be facing another mass migration.
    They did not win an ACC title. Regular season does not crown the champion. Otherwise all good points.

  12. #32

    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Stillman White acquitted himself much better this game, but they REALLY missed Marshall.
    UNC looked disconnected at times and had turnover problems. Stillman White did a decent job but Marshall would have been a scoring threat and a much bigger and more experienced defender. As it was, Kansas could defend 4 players and leave Stillman alone. Big advantage for them. Tough break for UNC, but the injury bug can bite anyone. I have no love for UNC, but t is tough to see the ACC out of the final four.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Kentucky fans are horrible. However this UK team plays great basketball and I truly doubt they will not cut down the nets. Like him or not Calipari is a very good coach. Pitino is another great coach and may slow the game down so much it might disrupt UK's march to the championship.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dillon, Colorado
    There was a basketball game today? And unc played in it? And lost? Well, yay.

    Ky/Loovul is the first game on Saturday? That makes absolutely no sense.
    Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares. -- xkcd #625

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    He played better but he still wasn't very good. And he shrunk at the end of the game.

    I seem to recall him turning it over once or twice, too...
    No, he had 0 turnovers , 7 assists, 4 points, 1 steal ( I thought he had two... back to back ) and 2 rebounds. A third string "just in case" Freshmen against #2 ranked Kansas..... oh, and he played good defense.
    He and Watts just about equaled an average KM performance.

    http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320850153

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Durham
    So Duke/UNC split the season series, neither won the ACC tournament, and neither made the Final Four. I'm calling this season a tie! Bring on 2013!

  17. #37
    This made my weekend!!! Bet U won't see any Tar Heel flags on cars tomorrow!!!!!!!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    no title for the black pigeon....too worried about his "brand"
    Yep, that's my favorite thing about this loss. No national titles, no Final Fours and no ACC titles. Not much of a legacy, assuming he goes pro.

    Just goes to show you: on top of everything else, you need a little luck to go all the way.

    Howard

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm with you there.

    Congratulations to John Calipari on his first Final Four appearance.
    It's his 2nd. They went last year by beating Carolina.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    He played better but he still wasn't very good. And he shrunk at the end of the game.

    I seem to recall him turning it over once or twice, too...
    White have 7 assists, one steal, and ZERO turnovers

    If only xh had a SIXTH lotto pick--then they'd have pulled out a W.

    Barnes seemed terrified to touch the ball in the last few minutes. Kept giving it back to White like he could create something. The Failcon is a choker in big games.


    Losing Marshall was a tough break but having talent the caliber of xh's slink away with the game on the line and cede shots to Stillman White is equally--if not more--inexcusable. UNC scores 2 points in the last 8(?) minutes???? This while having 3 NBA lotto picks on the floor during that stretch

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Final Four Thread: Kentucky vs Kansas
    By Newton_14 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
  2. Midwest/St. Louis region discussion (uncch #1)
    By hurleyfor3 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  3. WBB Region Final: Baylor 51, Duke 48
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
  4. MBB: Midwest Regional Discussion (Kansas #1 Seed)
    By Troublemaker in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 12:04 PM
  5. March Madness conversation: MIDWEST Region
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 12:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •