How 'bout some love for the GALS!

Sure is hard to find info around here. So proud of you all. Keep the heat on! We're still watching and cheering!
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Sure is hard to find info around here. So proud of you all. Keep the heat on! We're still watching and cheering!
    Love, Ima
    It's not that hard. Look for threads starting with WBB.

Love that Obama picked us to lose this game in his bracket. Where is your HOPE now, Mr. President?!?

(Not trying to start a political debate here. Obama clearly knows his hoops so I'm glad we could prove him wrong)

The girls sure have looked great in the tournament so far. Keep it going, ladies! GO DUKE!!!!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Beat Stanford!

A great response to a great coach's observations early through the first half, last night. Results, Regional finals!

LGD!

Hopeful but tempered expectations

Very happy for the Duke women, but isn't Elizabeth Williams playing hurt? In our best years over the Coach G/P eras we have struggled against tippy-top programs like Stanford. I do recall fondly a win vs. UConn in Hartford on a last-second shot, but otherwise recall us as being the tops of that next tier of programs. So since I thought Williams was hurt, I have really tempered my expectations. I'm delighted and surprised they have gotten this far, and that Williams is still playing, but it will take extraordinary effort and probably no small amount of luck to advance from here. Of course, I hope they do, it would be amazing and a big boost for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Very happy for the Duke women, but isn't Elizabeth Williams playing hurt? In our best years over the Coach G/P eras we have struggled against tippy-top programs like Stanford. I do recall fondly a win vs. UConn in Hartford on a last-second shot, but otherwise recall us as being the tops of that next tier of programs. So since I thought Williams was hurt, I have really tempered my expectations. I'm delighted and surprised they have gotten this far, and that Williams is still playing, but it will take extraordinary effort and probably no small amount of luck to advance from here. Of course, I hope they do, it would be amazing and a big boost for the program.
    The women are playing a great game and should be in all their games. You don't get to the top without climbing.