0 0%
  • Davidson

1 3.23%
  • BYU/Iona

0 0%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

West/Phoenix region discussion (Michigan State #1)

Discuss the West region here. Michigan State is the 1 seed.

Virginia as a 10...any thoughts on what that means for other ACC bubble teams?

UVA is in...If i'm missouri, not sure i like the matchup in the second round with florida. Missouri is likely the top 2 seed, so they see the easiest of the 3 and 7 seeds
    April 1

This regional is substantially weaker than the South. I think Mizzou goes through them. Kentucky got the shaft as the#1 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    UVA is in...If i'm missouri, not sure i like the matchup in the second round with...i just forgot who they showed
    Florida (or, I suppose, UVA, but if I'm Missouri, I like a matchup with UVA).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by jamos14 View Post
    This regional is substantially weaker than the South. I think Mizzou goes through them. Kentucky got the shaft as the#1 overall.
    missouri is a higher seed than Duke, or so it would seem...which is why it looks easier from the perspective of the 2 seed.

Louisville and Marquette are both dangerous teams.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    yeah...i meant the matchup with florida is no pushover..
    April 1

Toughest Bracket of the 4.

The South has all the big names, but MSU is in for a toughie.

This has EIGHT Pomeroy Ranked Top 20 teams (The East has 4) - #3, #8, #9, #13, #15, #18, #19, and #20.

Poor MSU has to face either the #9 team (Memphis) or #15 team (SLU) in the SECOND ROUND. By Contrast, Kentucky has either #30 Iowa State or #36 UConn.

YIKES!
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Do we know if Sene is coming back for the NCAA's for UVA?
    Windy City Devil

After filling out a bracket, this quadrant is very underwhelming. No clue who to take. Mizzou and Marquette both lack size yet lucked out and got each other. Additionally, MSU is a bit underwhelming but can't really find a team to pick against them.

I assume - but maybe not - this is a record for early-start in an NCAAT game: UL-Davidson tip-off is 10:40 a.m., Portland local time. This is necessary to accommodate EDT viewers of the final game that eve in Portland, which will begin roughly 9:45 EDT.

I like this region. I feel like the middle #6 Murray State, #7 Florida, #8 Memphis and #9 Saint Louis could all pull off upsets and make the sweet 16, or at least make things interesting.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I'm surprised nobody's commenting on the BYU's record-breaking comeback against Iona. BYU was down 49-24 with ~6 minutes left in the first half and Iona went cold scoring only 17 points in the last 25 minutes of the game. Erasing a 25 point margin breaks what NCAAT record? Duke's 2001 comeback in FF against Maryland, of course!

I think it's worth checking out the highlights just to hear Scott Van Pelt choke on having to discuss Duke's victory over the Terps.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's commenting on the BYU's record-breaking comeback against Iona. BYU was down 49-24 with ~6 minutes left in the first half and Iona went cold scoring only 17 points in the last 25 minutes of the game. Erasing a 25 point margin breaks what NCAAT record? Duke's 2001 comeback in FF against Maryland, of course!

I think it's worth checking out the highlights just to hear Scott Van Pelt choke on having to discuss Duke's victory over the Terps.
    Our record is really only broken if you consider that game a part of the NCAA tournament, which I don't. The record stands!

(Only half serious)

I'm so mad I picked New Mexico to get all the way past Louisville. They look atrocious against LBSU.

Somehow they've found themselves up five with three minutes to go, but have zero faith in them.

Told you guys New Mexico would cruise. Ye of little faith...

Anyone watching this here UVA-Florida game?

Virginia was playing them tough for the first 10 minutes, the Donovan had Florida pick up full court and it sped Virginia up. Mistakes followed, Florida now has a little bit of a lead.

I like that - when the other team controls the tempo, throw some press and traps at them and take them out of what they are doing. Duke should do A LOT of this based on our backcourt depth. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Anyone watching this here UVA-Florida game?

Virginia was playing them tough for the first 10 minutes, the Donovan had Florida pick up full court and it sped Virginia up. Mistakes followed, Florida now has a little bit of a lead.

I like that - when the other team controls the tempo, throw some press and traps at them and take them out of what they are doing. Duke should do A LOT of this based on our backcourt depth. Alas.
    Virginia getting absolutely killed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Virginia getting absolutely killed.
    Florida has the #3 offense in the KenPom rankings, Virginia has the #5 defense. Something had to give...and it was Virginia.

Only the third time all season that the Hoos gave up more than 70 points, and one of the other two games was in overtime (the other, oddly enough, was against Seattle U).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke