Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    maybe he did...

but you don't call your coach an idiot in public, and you don't say his decisions are BS in public...even if he is, and they are so.
    But the real question is: did Oriaki say, "not a dime back!" on his way out of Connecticut?

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Does anyone have any sort of lead/link that would make this a reasonably possible scenario? Or is this just day-dreaming at this point?

- Chillin
    I'll answer my own question.

No.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I'll answer my own question.

No.

- Chillin
    I don't think anyone implied that it was anything more than a hypothetical situation. I don't see a reason to assume Duke is any less likely to get Oriakhi than another school. It was simply a discussion of a kid from a major D-1 program who appears to have the academics and skill set to fit at Duke. Nobody said more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    But the real question is: did Oriaki say, "not a dime back!" on his way out of Connecticut?
    That is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xokthY5zuPU

Just throwing this out there because I don't know the answer -- any adequate guys out there who have graduated, but have an extra year, that can take advantage of the Russell Wilson rule? My guess is that anyone that could really help is going to the next level, but one never knows.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    He would be an excellent fit, 6-9, 240 pounds for the Duke team. He also had a 3.5 grade point average according to his father.
    3.5 at UConn doesn't tell us much. What was his high school GPA?

Quote Originally Posted by Lennies View Post
    You think high school GPA will be more enlightening?

What if he's a 3.5 GPA double major in actuarial science and economics? I'm just saying - GPA may not say much alone, but not all majors are easy when it comes to grades.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennies View Post
    3.5 is the number of books he has read. Kidding! Kidding!

So if Oriaki or Zeigler winds up coming and is immediately eligible, that will make the 2012/2013 class one of the most oddly assembled in Duke history. We'd have:

Andre Dawkins - originally part of the 2010 high school class, came a year early after Henderson and Williams left
    Seth Curry - originally part of the 2008 high school class, transferred from Liberty and sat out a year
    Oriaki/Zeigler - transfer from UCONN/Michigan under special circumstances
    Mason, Ryan - normal schedule

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    So if Oriaki or Zeigler winds up coming and is immediately eligible, that will make the 2012/2013 class one of the most oddly assembled in Duke history. We'd have:

Andre Dawkins - originally part of the 2010 high school class, came a year early after Henderson and Williams left
    Seth Curry - originally part of the 2008 high school class, transferred from Liberty and sat out a year
    Oriaki/Zeigler - transfer from UCONN/Michigan under special circumstances
    Mason, Ryan - normal schedule
    Plus Alex Murphy, part of the 2012 class, then came to Duke a year early, then redshirted so he's back in his original class.

Zeigler would not be in the 2013 class. (even if he could play next year, he'd have 2 years left).

It is true that Oriaki, Curry, Dawkins would be an unsually assembled group of seniors.

Interesting footnote to a Rivers story: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...WT&w=1bln9&wjb

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Katz
    Sources also said that Duke could be among a handful of schools that UConn forward Alex Oriakhi talks to, after he announced Thursday he's transferring from the Huskies for his senior season. Oriakhi can play immediately as long as the Huskies' 2013 NCAA tournament ban, stemming from its poor academic progress report, is upheld.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I'm not sure if this is all a serious possibility, but as a Michigan fan who follows the team almost as closely as he does Duke, Evan Smotrycz would be perfect for Duke. Ever since I saw him play I pegged him as Kyle Singler light—he's a great rebounder, a great shooter, and has decent handles, all in a 6-foot-8 body that just isn't big enough to pound in the post. He could play a Ryan Kelly 4 or, more likely, a Singler 3. I doubt we'll pursue him considering Murphy is coming in, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Wow... didn't search for a bette rplace to put this, and not saying they should transfer to Duke, but just shocked at the continual exit from Wake Forest... 1 last week, and 2 more this week...

http://www.wxii12.com/sports/30748976/detail.html

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Interesting footnote to a Rivers story: http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...WT&w=1bln9&wjb
    Given the way the last few days have gone, those 'sources' might be us, the DBR crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Given the way the last few days have gone, those 'sources' might be us, the DBR crazies.
    Don't think so, I've heard that sentiment confirmed elsewhere. Assuming he's granted his release, this could get interesting to follow, especially if it looks like Mason is leaning towards leaving.

FWIW, a run down from a CT news source regarding possible suitors for Alex Oriakhi. It's all still speculative, but for anyone who's interested. LINK

so, correct me if i'm wrong...

if uconn stays on probation, he can play next season? but if they somehow win an appeal, he has to lay out for next year...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    so, correct me if i'm wrong...

if uconn stays on probation, he can play next season? but if they somehow win an appeal, he has to lay out for next year...
    that seems correct
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    He was at odds with calhoun all year...didn't like that he had to share time with Drummond....that is 100% NOT the attitude you want at duke...you think he wants any bit of playing second fiddle to mason, ryan, and possibly marshall? doubtful.

He is a good rebounder, but his offensive game, is, well, offensive...He isn't the solution to duke's problems.
    How cud you assume he will be second fiddle to marshall or ryan? this guy is a big bruiser and shot blocker. lacking this type of physical presence is the reason why teams beat us on the boards and guards finish at the rim at will against us. ill take oriaki in a heartbeat