Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
Over the past two years I've taken a lot of grief over my support of TBP. The kid can play, but recently I'm starting to question just how objective some people are when viewing his game.

I'm sorry, but Marshall is clearly the straw that stirs the drink at UNC and he clearly should have been 1st Team All-ACC ahead of Barnes.

I also think it's a farce that TBP is again ahead of Marshall who doesn't even make this newest team.

I'm also asking myself exactly why is TBP still considered a top 5 draft choice? Yes, he's a solid player, but top 5.
Despite my distaste for Barnes, by the end of last year, he had convinced me he was a star that would dominate this year. However, he has just not been dominant. Good? Yep. Really Good/Great? At a few select moments. Dominant/All American good? Not even close. When Henson got hurt in the ACC Tourney, I thought for sure that Barnes would go off against NC State, much like he did last year against Clemson on the same day. Did not happen. He's the 4th best player on his team, and that's just the truth.

His handle is weak, jumping ability is average, and he is very awkward when trying to attack the basket, especially on spin moves. His length and strength allow him to finish at the rim in the college game despite the other deficiencies. Still though, it is a head scratcher why he does not go for 20+ night in and night out, with 6+ rebounds per game. Even with the other talent around him, he should be putting up those type numbers, but somehow doesn't. Given their current plight, UNC needs Barnes to be "I'm That Dude" and put them on his back on the way to a Final Four. The question is, will he do it?

On another note, an article on WRAL sports site today indicated that with the NABC 3rd Team award, Barnes is now eligible to have his jersey hang in the Smith Center among the "honored jerseys". Another banner in the Dean Dome! Throw a party!