Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

I guess I got my wish...

Hi,

If only Kyrie had been healthy the whole year? Now the UNC fans who gave it to us (when you have been in second place so long to Duke and in so many ways UNC is Duke's little brother so it is expected) will have a lifetime of wonder on their minds. If only Kendall hadn't fallen. If only he had been able to come back. If only... If only... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

If only Kyrie had been healthy the whole year? Now the UNC fans who gave it to us (when you have been in second place so long to Duke and in so many ways UNC is Duke's little brother so it is expected) will have a lifetime of wonder on their minds. If only Kendall hadn't fallen. If only he had been able to come back. If only... If only... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

GO DUKE!
    Injuries are part of the game and have to be overcome to win championships.

Duke couldn't get it done without Kyrie in '11.

UNC couldn't get it done without McDonald, Strickland, Marshall, and 1/2 a Henson in '12.

There is no reason for any fan to celebrate any teams injuries for a cheesy gotcha moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

GO DUKE!
    Exactly, the hole fans I know dismiss injuries when they happen to Duke. Now they are stuck with "what if" all summer. I don't feel bad for those fans in the least.

I am celebrating, and will continue to celebrate, the end of the season for the bad blue, as well as blurt out a HA HA, whenever I deem it necessary.

HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA! HA-HA!

Quote Originally Posted by stixof96 View Post
    i completely agree....i thought he played great....N.C. just went to hell down the stretch....
    Fixed your post for you.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Oh well

This thread sure got unimportant fast. It was nice to see a preview of Marshall's draft night suit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    This thread sure got unimportant fast. It was nice to see a preview of Marshall's draft night suit though.
    Superb post. Bravo.
    Suddenly, next weekend's yard work looks exotically enticing!

Are there actual monkeys moderating IC?

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    With that, will the doctors put the cast back on now so it can properly heal? Just curious. Thanks
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. I'd guess he wouldn't be casted, however, just because he hasn't been up until now. I also don't think him having played is black or white - it's done in athletes, however typically with a cast in a non-skilled athlete (by non-skilled, am referring to football players in particular who don't handle the ball much.

As far as not having examined KM's wrist, once it was reported that his scaphoid was broken, a usual sequence of events is expected (known as standard of care, as noted by dukedoc). Once it was reported as a surgical fracture, I guess you'll have to take my word and likely wont, but, that implied the fracture wasn't just some minor, hairline situation that might have been worth the risk. Bottom line, I guess we'll never know when he'd ever been allowed to play...

You are right...

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Injuries are part of the game and have to be overcome to win championships.

Duke couldn't get it done without Kyrie in '11.

UNC couldn't get it done without McDonald, Strickland, Marshall, and 1/2 a Henson in '12.

There is no reason for any fan to celebrate any teams injuries for a cheesy gotcha moment.
    Hi,

I do feel bad for Kendall (he seems like a really nice kid). I don't feel bad for the UNC fans.

GO DUKE!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. I'd guess he wouldn't be casted, however, just because he hasn't been up until now. I also don't think him having played is black or white - it's done in athletes, however typically with a cast in a non-skilled athlete (by non-skilled, am referring to football players in particular who don't handle the ball much.

As far as not having examined KM's wrist, once it was reported that his scaphoid was broken, a usual sequence of events is expected (known as standard of care, as noted by dukedoc). Once it was reported as a surgical fracture, I guess you'll have to take my word and likely wont, but, that implied the fracture wasn't just some minor, hairline situation that might have been worth the risk. Bottom line, I guess we'll never know when he'd ever been allowed to play...
    Thanks Billy. I absolutely take you at your word. Not sure where you got the idea that I wouldn't? I appreciate the insight and certainly defer to your expertise.

The only thing I questioned in this whole deal was the seemingly different opinions on whether there was longterm risk if he played or not. Apologies if I somehow offended you somewhere in this discussion as that certainly was not intended on my part.