Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I think college hoops has gotten too physical as well (CJ Leslie got killed on a breakaway dunk attempt today), but after watching the Marshall play, it was just a guy trying to block a shot at the rim. It was just an unfortunate thing that Marshall landed with his arm trapped under his body. Certainly not flagrant or over the top physical. Some of the fouls in that game were, but certainly not that one.

UNC and Duke both are just plain snake bit the last couple of years with injuries wrecking a season.
    I strongly believe this is a big ten thing. Watching those games is like watching football. And that physical play has been picked up by players at the DII and DIII levels. It's disgusting and extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I agree- They have what is shaping up as an usually easy path next weekend- It gets tougher after that- but there is a lot basketball left to play. The most challenging team for them to play is NC State - who knows them well already.
    If State and UNC get another matchup, State will be smelling blood and be a hard team to beat , for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I totally agree, and been saying it for years. "Letting them play" diminishes the advantage the better athletes have. Let them show their skils.

Call the ;/(& fouls. Every time, against every player.
    Careful Wheat/"/"/", you might not like that if it actually happened.

It was a common foul as Marshall was going up for a lay up. Marshall lost his balance in the air and landed awkwardly. He sprang right up, which really surprised me. Nothing excessively rough or dirty.
    Lol not according to most of the irrational posters over at IC,they'd swear it was all premeditated.Many called them goons and even thanked coach K,saying the check musta been in the mail.Craaaaazzzy for sure,some or should i say most of the posters are over there.I swear i won't venture back over there again but just had to see there fans opinions on the matter.Hate it for marshal but some of there fans are ridiculous.

It wasn't a bad foul, Marshall just fell awkwardly and in a bad way.

While this is certainly a big blow to the Heels, I wouldn't count them out just yet.

White has proven to be capable of doing a "fairly" good job and Watts isn't bad either. Granted, neither one is comparable to Marshall but they can get the job done.
    Every one else will have to step up, especially Barnes.

I know some ( most?) will not agree with me but if Henson was not able to return to play, that would have had a bigger impact on the Heels.

If White and Watts can keep the turnovers very low and the others step up, I think the Heels could still make it to the Final Four... maybe even to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Duke View Post
    It wasn't a bad foul, Marshall just fell awkwardly and in a bad way.

While this is certainly a big blow to the Heels, I wouldn't count them out just yet.

White has proven to be capable of doing a "fairly" good job and Watts isn't bad either. Granted, neither one is comparable to Marshall but they can get the job done.
    Every one else will have to step up, especially Barnes.

I know some ( most?) will not agree with me but if Henson was not able to return to play, that would have had a bigger impact on the Heels.

If White and Watts can keep the turnovers very low and the others step up, I think the Heels could still make it to the Final Four... maybe even to the finals.
    Completely disagree.

Losing Henson would be big, but losing Marshall is debilitating. Without Marshall, you will see a much less efficient UNC team on offense... combine that with their lack of defense and it doesn't look good.

Marshall was UNC's MVP, with Zeller being a close 2nd.

Wonder if they will go with advice from UNC orthopedics, or get second opinion at Duke?

Oh, the irony!

I seem to remember a Duke rival needed medical care at Duke not so long ago but can't recall the details. Anyone remember?

I didn't get to see the game. I watched the double forearm against Zeller. Heard there was some nasty foul against Henson. And I gotta say, I'm the last guy to defend the heels, but that foul against Marshall didn't look quite so innocent to me. The guy put a forearm in marshall's side while he was in the air and gave him a decent shove at a point where Marshall could not control his body or his fall. He didn't really make a play on the ball. What gives with creighton? Doesn't look totally above board to me.

I want to see unc out of the tournament but hate that an injury might be the reason. They still have to play a game so we will see what happens next round. I hope Marshall gets great medical care and heals completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Completely disagree.

Losing Henson would be big, but losing Marshall is debilitating. Without Marshall, you will see a much less efficient UNC team on offense... combine that with their lack of defense and it doesn't look good.

Could envision Barnes running the offense.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    That's it for us. Just devastating. We can win another game, only because of the level of the competition, but it's hard to imagine we'll go any further if he is sidelined.

I don't know how it happened, and I doubt it was intentional, but Creighton was fouling HARD that game. See the video below. Watch the double fore-arm to Zeller's neck.

I understand that playing physical against UNC is part of every scouting report, but I do wish the refs had reined it in a bit. Again, I am not saying that Marshall's injury was the result of an excessively hard foul. But I'll be curious to see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IYQ0...e_gdata_player
    Wow. Just wow. No excuse for a no call there.

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    That couldn't go wrong...

Now Barnes gets to decide when Barnes scores...If Barnes wants 60 shots a game, Barnes can now get 60 shots a game...Barnes Barnes Barnes.
    1200. DDMF.

Completely disagree.

Well, considering they play Ohio next followed by what is looking like Purdue, their chances of making the Final Four look pretty good even without Marshall. Obviously anyone can beat anyone in March, as we know all too well, but I wouldn't count UNC out just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    The Black Falcon doesn't run the offense. The Black Falcon flies the offense. The Black Falcon swoops in from above with the offense.

No, The Black Falcon doesn't run...

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Wow. Just wow. No excuse for a no call there.
    True, which is likely why the Creighton player was called for a Flagrant I.

I also believe another Creighton player got a T for yapping at one of the Tarheels.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That couldn't go wrong...

Now Barnes gets to decide when Barnes scores...If Barnes wants 60 shots a game, Barnes can now get 60 shots a game...Barnes Barnes Barnes.
    Yea... plus he gets to decide when he dribbles the ball off his foot.

I'd love to see what a horrible failure that would be...

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    Well, considering they play Ohio next followed by what is looking like Purdue, their chances of making the Final Four look pretty good even without Marshall. Obviously anyone can beat anyone in March, as we know all too well, but I wouldn't count UNC out just yet.
    Kansas is making a run... so it's still looking promising for an early Heel exit.

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    I think NC State might have something to say about that. Carolina needed the help of some questionable officiating to get by State for the third time this season. Without Marshall, I REALLY like States chances. You know they say it's hard to beat the same team 4 times in a season

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I think NC State might have something to say about that. Carolina needed the help of some questionable officiating to get by State for the third time this season. Without Marshall, I REALLY like States chances. You know they say it's hard to beat the same team 4 times in a season
    Wouldn't that be some poetic justice?

Plus, if State beat UNC in the NCAAs... that fan base would NEVER shut up about it. Which would be awesome.

Completely disagree.

Henson is irreplaceable as a shot blocker/changer and rebounder. He is tremendous on defense. Look at what he did today... and, there defense looked pretty good today against a team that usually scores big.
    Marshall while an assist machine is not a strong defensive player and until recently, not much of a scorer.
    I am not suggesting that Marshall will not be missed, he certainly will be.
    I'm saying that "IF" White/Watts can keep the turn overs very low and "IF" Barnes and McAdoo ( he has REALLY come on ) and the rest step it up, they can still make their run.
    Turnovers will be the key from here on out for the Heels.
    I look for Barnes to handle the ball more in Marshall's absence. I have noticed in the minutes that White has played, that seems to have been the case.