Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Kansas Robinson entering draft - no surprise there. Great tough athelete - the kind of guy we need fighting at the 4 or 5 - double double machine ., so tenacious
    Thomas Robinson averaged 17.7 points and 11.9 rebounds per game. Mason Plumlee averaged 11.1 points and 9.2 rebounds per game. If Mason decides to return to Duke for his senior season, I expect he will be a double double machine. He needs to work on his consistency, but the talent is there. Yes, his game needs some tweaks such as improving his performance at the free throw line and finishing through contact; however, the prospect of MP II suiting up for Duke as a senior and an improved player excites me. Hopefully he decides to return.
    Bob Green

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thomas Robinson averaged 17.7 points and 11.9 rebounds per game. Mason Plumlee averaged 11.1 points and 9.2 rebounds per game. If Mason decides to return to Duke for his senior season, I expect he will be a double double machine. He needs to work on his consistency, but the talent is there. Yes, his game needs some tweaks such as improving his performance at the free throw line and finishing through contact; however, the prospect of MP II suiting up for Duke as a senior and an improved player excites me. Hopefully he decides to return.
    You read my mind Bob. Mason was a double double machine this year, just not at the scoring level Robinson produced. Mason will definitely improve on both numbers as a Sr. He appears to have exorcised the free throw demons for the most part, at least enough to where 60-65% is attainable. I think Mase has a really good chance to have a dominant year as a Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    You read my mind Bob. Mason was a double double machine this year, just not at the scoring level Robinson produced. Mason will definitely improve on both numbers as a Sr. He appears to have exorcised the free throw demons for the most part, at least enough to where 60-65% is attainable. I think Mase has a really good chance to have a dominant year as a Sr.
    I think he could be a 15 and 10 guy next year (or better) if he comes back. Given where his draft stock currently sits and given how many big men are in front of him this year, I think he would be best served returning. If he can show some scoring ability, he could move up to the mid first round (or higher, depending upon how good his senior year is). Here's hoping he comes back.

didnt mean to offend anyone on Mason.. Really was just saying Robinson was very impressive. Mason can be very good if he returns and works on hands (catchng ) and free throws and taking tough at his man. I sure hope we have Mason nxt yr !!

In sort-of-related-to-Duke news, Lehigh junior C.J. McCollum is returning. He had previously submitted his name but decided to pull out of the draft. Should be an excellent player next year.

I was kind of hoping we could keep up with our tradition of single-handedly vaulting guys in the draft based on their performances against us (Eric Maynor, Tyrus Thomas, Jared Jeffries, etc.).

Trey Burke is coming back to Michigan. With another year under his belt, I'd assume he'll be a solid first rounder next year. He's got some game.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Trey Burke is coming back to Michigan. With another year under his belt, I'd assume he'll be a solid first rounder next year. He's got some game.
    Smart move for him. He was not 1st round material this year.

And there goes Jeremy Lamb...

Is Shabazz Napier next?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/uconns-...sn58_h6VY5nYcB

Cody Zeller is returning to Indiana next season. Projected as a top 5 pick in the 2013 draft.

Indiana could be really good. They made the Sweet 16 this year and lose two seniors who played rotation minutes, while bringing in a pretty good 5 man class (ranked the #9 class by Dave Telep).

Quincy Miller returning for soph year...big for Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Quincy Miller returning for soph year...big for Baylor
    Somewhat of a surprise to me, but a pleasant one. I think he would have fit in a Duke - particularly last year considering our aversion to defense. He seemed to be a good guy while we were recruiting him.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Somewhat of a surprise to me, but a pleasant one. I think he would have fit in a Duke - particularly last year considering our aversion to defense. He seemed to be a good guy while we were recruiting him.
    I think Quincy would helped with some height and athleticism at the 3 spot, but did you watch him play much? The games that I watched he was extremely averse to defense as well. I remember him getting pulled a few times for not playing good D.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I know that someone asks this every year but I keep forgetting where the information is kept....Is there a website that lists all of the folks that have officially declared for the draft (including seniors)? I don't mean projected draft order, just the official list.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I know that someone asks this every year but I keep forgetting where the information is kept....Is there a website that lists all of the folks that have officially declared for the draft (including seniors)? I don't mean projected draft order, just the official list.

Thanks.
    Jeff Goodman has a pretty good list here. Up to date too because he moved Quincy Miller from undecided to reportedly staying from when I checked it earlier today
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Has Brad Beal declared yet??

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    Nope. He's a top 5 pick though, sooooo seeeeya!

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    Brad Beal has declared yet. Top 10 easily...could go as high as #3.

no great surprise

kentucky's starting five gone... http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ares-nba-draft

Now we can start a whole new round of speculation on the impact for TP and AJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    kentucky's starting five gone... http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ares-nba-draft

Now we can start a whole new round of speculation on the impact for TP and AJ...
    Here's a question I'm not sure anyone is asking: what does this do to their graduation rate? At what point do they reach the point of being penalized a la UConn?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Here's a question I'm not sure anyone is asking: what does this do to their graduation rate? At what point do they reach the point of being penalized a la UConn?
    We have discussed this many times in this thread. Try pressing the rewind button