Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina

    So NOW who do you want to win the NCAA Tournament

    Yes, it took me this long to recover enough from the Friday night debacle to want to come on DBR, think about basketball, watch any basketball, etc.

    But now it's Sunday, and my OTHER team is playing. For me, this season, it's pretty easy to pick up another team and cheer for them to win the tournament. I'm married to an NC State gal and, for the first time in a loooooooong time, they're still playing while Duke isn't. So, let's go State!

    Hopefully I won't be having to find a new team to cheer for by mid-afternoon today...

    Of course, I always have another team to cheer for, automatically: the University of ABC. The only thing worse than Duke getting bounced in the first round would be Carolina winning it. Ugh. The thought is too nauseating to bear.

    So, for me, it is now, in this order:
    1) Go Pack!
    2) Go ABC!

    Who are you all cheering for and why?
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Raleigh
    My cheering is ALWAYS ABC.

    But now that Duke isnt in it, whats the point? I don't plan on watching anymore games.
    MAYBE if UNC is getting blown out I'll peek in at that, but otherwise.... just not into it right now

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Yes, it took me this long to recover enough from the Friday night debacle to want to come on DBR, think about basketball, watch any basketball, etc.

    But now it's Sunday, and my OTHER team is playing. For me, this season, it's pretty easy to pick up another team and cheer for them to win the tournament. I'm married to an NC State gal and, for the first time in a loooooooong time, they're still playing while Duke isn't. So, let's go State!

    Hopefully I won't be having to find a new team to cheer for by mid-afternoon today...

    Of course, I always have another team to cheer for, automatically: the University of ABC. The only thing worse than Duke getting bounced in the first round would be Carolina winning it. Ugh. The thought is too nauseating to bear.

    So, for me, it is now, in this order:
    1) Go Pack!
    2) Go ABC!

    Who are you all cheering for and why?
    Do not want UNC for the obvious reasons. I have been impressed with KY and believe they are the best team left. But I would pull for Marquette because they are hard-nosed and Mich State who have been an amazing post season team of late and deserve a little good fortune.
    dukelifer

  4. #4
    I can't believe that anyone would want UK with criminal Calipari at the helm. Yes I would rather see UNC than UK simply because Calipari is not worthy of being a head coach in the same ranks as Coach K. He has no integrity and has left every program he has taken to the Final 4 with huge blemish. I would hate to see UNC win another championship but I can't stomach that villain.

    It's a long shot but being from Ohio, I am following my heart with the Buckeyes. I don't see them beating the Seminoles in the Round of 16 but if they get past them I think they are better than Syracuse without Fab Melo for the Final 4. But my bracket has Fla St in the Final 4.

    There is a huge hole and little enjoyment watching the tournament after Duke's exit. It just isn't right.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    I can't believe that anyone would want UK with criminal Calipari at the helm. Yes I would rather see UNC than UK simply because Calipari is not worthy of being a head coach in the same ranks as Coach K. He has no integrity and has left every program he has taken to the Final 4 with huge blemish. I would hate to see UNC win another championship but I can't stomach that villain.
    ABC means ABC. A UK title would be vacated in a few years anyway.

  6. #6
    "A UK title would be vacated in a few years anyway."

    LOL


    for me, FSU or Marquette. i really like crowder.

  7. #7
    FSU or Kansas. I wouldn't mind Indiana winning either. I'd rather Kansas win than anyone else.
    I like pretty much everybody on the team, and I think they have a good chance of beating UNC. I don't
    really like Tyler Zeller, but his brother's pretty good, and Indiana did beat Kentucky and Ohio State this year.
    Hard for me to cheer against them.

  8. #8
    Any acc team.the fans of state,unc and fsu that i go to games with root for duke.so i do the the same.i would prefer nc state of fsu.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the couch
    Well, I will NEVER pull for UNC to win. EVER!!

    But, the possibility of a UK, UNC final presents me with a real problem...

    I think I would have to pull against UK, even though it would be easier on me personally if UK won that match up (would not have to listen to my son's yap for eternity), plus there are hardly any UK fans around here to drive me nuts....

    Plus 2, you always have the satisfaction of knowing that Calipari's win will be vacated down the road....

  10. #10
    Georgetown. They do things the right way.

  11. #11
    1.NCSU(that would mean no Final 4 for HB & co. and the embaressment of losing to State, whom UNC fans treat like an owner treats their pet)
    2.FSU
    3.ABC

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    1.NCSU(that would mean no Final 4 for HB & co. and the embaressment of losing to State, whom UNC fans treat like an owner treats their pet)
    2.FSU
    3.ABC
    I agree with DlueDevilBrowns. State fans have suffered enough (even it they do blame the refs for every game they lose to Duke). FSU has played well of late and are and ACC teams. And ABC is just a given.

  13. #13
    Aside from the obvious (ABC), I'm hoping Kansas wins. It's really hard to root against a team with Thomas Robinson on it.
    T '05
    SOM '10
    DR '16

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    What tournament?
    T-minus 18 days until Opening Day. Put me in, coach...

  15. #15

    who do i want to win?

    First and foremost I do not want to see UNC win it. But I also do not want any other ACC school to win it eirher. I may be in the minority, or just brave enough to voice my opinion out loud, but I root openly not just against the tarheels but all other ACC schools in the big dance every year. I always have and always will. Just think about the hatred all of these other universities have for Duke. It is well deserved mind you, and I love every second of it, but how can you pull for FSU or NCSU? If Duke doesn't win it, I will be damned if you think I would take solace in the fact a conference foe cut down the nets instead. My brackets are set all year long. It never changes. Do or die with my beloved Duke and to hell with all the rest. Especially you UNC.



    GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jamesfrommaiden; 03-18-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    State!

  17. #17
    I absolutely love this NC State team. If not them, I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Robinson getting a ring or Thad Matta finally getting one. Really I would like to see ABC and would prefer for the anybody not to be Kentucky, but outside of that, I don't really care. Again, preferably State. Lorenzo Brown and CJ Leslie may be the best pair of sophomores in the country

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I absolutely love this NC State team. If not them, I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Robinson getting a ring or Thad Matta finally getting one. Really I would like to see ABC and would prefer for the anybody not to be Kentucky, but outside of that, I don't really care. Again, preferably State. Lorenzo Brown and CJ Leslie may be the best pair of sophomores in the country
    I love them too, but they can't close out a game! I was ready to call this thing a few minutes ago. Now, I am hoping for them to find a way to save it.

    I think they've done it!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    NC State, Florida State or North Carolina. I want the ACC to win this tournament even if it means sleeping with the enemy.
    (2.1 secs to go) Here's the pass to Laettner, puts it up .... YES!!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I love them too, but they can't close out a game! I was ready to call this thing a few minutes ago. Now, I am hoping for them to find a way to save it.

    I think they've done it!
    Recognize that State fans and their players intensly hate Duke - in fact their hate for Duke is equal to their hate for the heels (recent NC polling). They also believe Duke gets all the calls (that gets very tiring if you live in the triangle area). Don't have a link but N&O quotes both Howell and Leslie being very happy that Duke lost.

    Anyway, I only pull for State when they're playing the heels.

Similar Threads

  1. FH in NCAA Tournament
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 11:26 PM
  2. The NCAA Tournament as Metaphor
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM
  3. Set your DVR- NCAA Tournament
    By Bluedevil114 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 08:46 AM
  4. NCAA Tournament on the Internet
    By JG Nothing in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
  5. My Problems with the NCAA Tournament
    By SoCalDukeFan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •