Thread: Its Over

Wink Its Over

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm a Cubs fan so my comment here is, "Wait 'til next year!!!" GO DEVILS! I love you guys.

On a day like today I'm glad I don't live in the Triangle. I feel for you guys.

Gotoguy (mods, will this get me a pitchfork?)

Quote Originally Posted by gotoguy View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm a Cubs fan so my comment here is, "Wait 'til next year!!!" GO DEVILS! I love you guys.

On a day like today I'm glad I don't live in the Triangle. I feel for you guys.

Gotoguy (mods, will this get me a pitchfork?)
    Yeh it could be worse, you could live in chapel hill. Or yet be a Cub fan, lol. Yeh, I'm a St. Louis Cardinal fan(World Champs). GoDuke!

3. It would take the blindest of homers...

...to believe that this wasn't the year something like this could happen.

Still, this team provided plenty of thrills...the win at UNC, the comeback against NC State, the championship in Maui and the all-time wins record for Coach.

It hurts, but it's not a total loss.

A friend of mine said this last night, and I think this sums it up perfectly:

"I'd rather lose a Blue Devil than win as anyone else."

As a die-hard Duke fan since the age of 9 (one who has called Duke home for the last 10 years), I gotta agree...there's nothing better than being a Blue Devil. Can't wait for next year!
    T '05, SOM '10

Last night I saw the DBR board was shut down and I thought, come on guys isn't that a bit overkill. So I went over to the "another" Duke board...wow was it the right decision. The fans were a bigger embarassment than anything else I saw last night. Disappointed, but a heck of a season from a very flawed team. Last night they were still calling for Thornton to sit, Cook to start, K to retire...you name it they were calling for it. I just wanted them to shut up myself. Disappointed, but not ashamed. I think what they accomplished was amazing with what they had. I know the team was flawed, but still should have had the talent to beat a #15 seed...so I really appreciated the comments from Jim. He's right, they were seeded too low and we were seeded too high. But with the way basketball is now, I think we'll see alot more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Last night I saw the DBR board was shut down and I thought, come on guys isn't that a bit overkill. So I went over to the "another" Duke board...wow was it the right decision. The fans were a bigger embarassment than anything else I saw last night. Disappointed, but a heck of a season from a very flawed team. Last night they were still calling for Thornton to sit, Cook to start, K to retire...you name it they were calling for it. I just wanted them to shut up myself. Disappointed, but not ashamed. I think what they accomplished was amazing with what they had. I know the team was flawed, but still should have had the talent to beat a #15 seed...so I really appreciated the comments from Jim. He's right, they were seeded too low and we were seeded too high. But with the way basketball is now, I think we'll see alot more of this.
    Scorp4me, you nailed it. Just what I was thinking. We did overachieve this year. 79.4 won-lost % & 27 wins... that is actually pretty darn good, there are more than 300 D1 teams that would like to have that many wins.

DBR, wise choice on the time-out. After a loss like this, people get stupid with the emotion of the moment. To those Negative Nancies, I say take a deep breath, people... the sun will come up tomorrow. Also a lot of haters out there, I'm trying to avoid them all as best I can. Life is too short to spend it being all negative and mean-spirited.

I am very curious about what the team will look like next year. Who might leave early? Who else might we get in recruiting? How much will returning players improve in the off-season? Should be an interesting year. Already looking forward to next season with much optimism. Go Duke!!!!
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

When AR drained that 3 pointer in The Dean Dome, my season was made. Anything else was just icing on the cake.

GO DUKE!!!