Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 70, Lehigh 75 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here. Venting and or bashing posts will incur 5 point infractions resulting in immediate 48 hour suspension of your posting privileges.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I will forever be a Duke fan!

This offense suffered greatly with the loss of Ryan.

October can't get here soon enough!

I'm just really sorry it's over for these guys. The better team won today. Duke had a great season and unfortunately will likely be remembered more for the final game.

As I said before. I am disappointed, but thanks to Miles for four years of effort and commitment. It will take a while for this bitter taste to leave from the loss, but his career was one that showed great heart.

I had us losing 2nd round, so I was close.

Another season of overachieving with no gas left in the end. The better team won, no doubt. Congrats Lehigh.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Put your post-game thoughts here. Venting and or bashing posts will incur 5 point infractions resulting in immediate 48 hour suspension of your posting privileges.
    Wow.

I hope this season can be remembered by how we all thought it was a rebuilding year and then pretty much played our brains out during the regular season...

Wins against

UNC
    Michigan
    Kansas....

we played our way into a high ranking and got hit by a phenomenal lehigh team that could take advantage of our weaknesses...they were quick...CJ is a great great player...and we struggled with people driving all year.

The loss of kelly made this team so much weaker, and it was unfortunate.
    1200. DDMF.

Never feels good to go out early, but Lehigh really worked for and earned the win. They could get another win Sunday.

Thanks for representing us all year team. I think if anything you over achieved for much of the season and injuries u fortunatly bite us again.

Frankly, we have not played well since the game in Tallahassee. Especially on offense. Tonight was difficult to watch and understand. Equal burden players and coaches?

I thought our rotation this year was more than enough to prevent fatigue, so I don't think that was the problem coming down the stretch of the season. Having said that, it was very unfortunate that both Dre and Seth hit shooting droughts in March. We just couldn't afford that to happen because the margin for error was too thin with this team. Not having Kelly hurt a lot. At least I believe it did. On to next year now.

Hopefully the guys who return will really take this in and use it to light the fire that seemed to be lacking at times this year. I am really curious to see what the team looks like next year.

Hate it for Miles, he started playing much better later in the season; tough way to end a career as the lone senior.

Worst loss in a big game in many many years.

With all of the offensive weapons this team has, it should be able to post 80s on Lehigh no problem. I'll grant you whatever deficiencies on defense you want, as good as this team was offensively all year, it could have been significantly better.

Won't be surprised if Austin decides to return. I hope Mason does as well. If Bazz comes, then we have the missing piece, if either Quinn or Seth can step up and be a top quality point guard (on both ends) next year.

What bothers me

is that Duke played better at the start of year rather than the end.

Coach K has been a great defensive coach but we were defensively challenged all year.

Losing Ryan hurt of course.

Lehigh played better than us and deserved to win.

Thanks to Miles for a great effort all four years.

SoCal
    Last edited by SoCalDukeFan; 03-16-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: forgot something

I guess we know the answer to question regarding how important Ryan really was to this team. Frustrating final two weeks to an otherwise very nice year. Plenty to be proud of and hopefully something solid to build on for next year.

Kelly's injury was one too many problems to overcome for a team that could have quit after the Miami loss but kept hope alive until the UNC blow out in Cameron

Always sorry to see the season end but this is hardly the equivalent of season ending debacles like losing to Indiana in 2002

K working with this team reminds me of a quote about the great Yankees manager Casey Stengel managing the early Mets - "an Edison working with rusty parts"
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-16-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo

Congratulations to Lehigh on a hard fought victory. I hated to see Miles Plumlee end his career with a 1st Round exit as he has been an integral part of the team for four years and I was hoping for a couple more victory celebrations before we had to say good bye to the big guy. The sun will rise tomorrow morning and I'll be wearing my Duke sweat shirt like normal.
    Bob Green

17. We were beat this game. This wasn't a mid-major team that got unbelievably hot and had lucky breaks, this was a team that out-hustled us and out-played us. It doesn't feel like we were upset; we just got beat. (Yes, US, even though we lost, and embarrassingly, this is still our team.)

The most telling stat is the rebound numbers; despite our big height advantage, we only out-rebounded Lehigh by 3. Credit to Lehigh's defensive scheme; they took us out of the game. For this game (and without Kelly) they were better than us.

Ultimately, this loss will be a great learning experience for our players next year. Right now, it's just gonna suck.

Can't wait to meet my two cousins who went to Lehigh LOL.

Good, but not great season. The record was stellar. We had some good wins. Saw some huge shots (Tyler's 3 against Kansas, Austin's shot against UNC). But we also saw a lot of uncharacteristic play (defense, foul shooting, poor shot selection) and too many close calls. That had to catch up to them sooner or later. Looks like it was sooner...

I'm just taking solace in knowing UNC won't be winning it all this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I'm just taking solace in knowing UNC won't be winning it all this year.
    I hope you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I hope you are correct
    Me too.