Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DBR Bracketology 2012!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks to juise for reminding me to restart the DBR bracket challenge, but this year's group is renewed and active on Yahoo! Those of you who participated last year automatically will receive an email asking if you want to rejoin. For everyone else who wants to join, here are the details:

Group Name: Duke Basketball Report
    Group ID: 186520
    Password: duke

Please try to include your DBR handle in your team name, if at all possible. It makes it easier to track who is doing well with it. One bracket per person, so make it your best one...winner receives ultimate bragging rights. And if you don't have Duke winning it all, you're ejected! J/K

Best of luck to everyone! And, LET'S GO DUKE!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

For those of us who aren't Internet savvy can you provide a link? Thanks.

Sheets of integrity! Am I the only one that has 3 ACC teams in the final four?

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    For those of us who aren't Internet savvy can you provide a link? Thanks.
    Here's the link. You'll want to hit the "Join Group" button.

Thanks, DW, for getting the party started!

Sort of on topic. Has anyone seen a tourney schedule by starting time? Would be helpful.

OK, partial answer. NCAA Tournament 2012 Scheduler has games through Thursday, but organized by network, rather than time. Close enough.
    Last edited by mgtr; 03-14-2012 at 02:32 PM.

You can't kick me out now

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks to juise for reminding me to restart the DBR bracket challenge, but this year's group is renewed and active on Yahoo! Those of you who participated last year automatically will receive an email asking if you want to rejoin. For everyone else who wants to join, here are the details:

Group Name: Duke Basketball Report
    Group ID: 186520
    Password: duke

Please try to include your DBR handle in your team name, if at all possible. It makes it easier to track who is doing well with it. One bracket per person, so make it your best one...winner receives ultimate bragging rights. And if you don't have Duke winning it all, you're ejected! J/K

Best of luck to everyone! And, LET'S GO DUKE!
    I didn't get my invite for this year, but entered anyway. Let the games begin.

this is prolly TMI, but i've been doing brackets for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time....cause i'm old like that...

they were always very frustrating, if duke didn't win, i was disappointed ....and then Tubby always messed up my bracket...

I quit doing a bracket for the 2010 tourny and that worked out a lot better....i don't watch the Tar Heels and i don't fill out brackets and my life is a lot better...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this is prolly TMI, but i've been doing brackets for a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time....cause i'm old like that...

they were always very frustrating, if duke didn't win, i was disappointed ....and then Tubby always messed up my bracket...

I quit doing a bracket for the 2010 tourny and that worked out a lot better....i don't watch the Tar Heels and i don't fill out brackets and my life is a lot better...
    I finished in the 99.9% of Yahoo brackets and won my office contest in 2010 because I picked Duke. I don't play for money, which makes it easier to pick Duke every year.

I'm all in!

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I finished in the 99.9% of Yahoo brackets and won my office contest in 2010 because I picked Duke. I don't play for money, which makes it easier to pick Duke every year.

I'm all in!
    I never do bracket pools for money for this reason! I can NEVER pick against us, and I never will! It allows me to root without conflict.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Hello
    This is the first time I have ever done a bracket in my life.
    I am from the UK and moved here ten years ago. I didn't get into basketball until my daughter got into duke a couple of years ago. Now we are crazy about it. Duke won the national championship in 2010 in her freshmen year.
    Anyway I am looking forward to this!
    Regards
    Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Hello
    This is the first time I have ever done a bracket in my life.
    I am from the UK and moved here ten years ago. I didn't get into basketball until my daughter got into duke a couple of years ago. Now we are crazy about it. Duke won the national championship in 2010 in her freshmen year.
    Anyway I am looking forward to this!
    Regards
    Martin.
    Brackets are like hard drugs. You fill one out thinking it will do great, then you're left with 7/16 sweet 16 teams and 1 of your final four teams left...and you think "why do i do this to myself"....but then, the next year...they come calling "uh_no...you neeeeeeed me" so you relapse and fill out the bracket again.

It's always a miserable day when your last team goes out and you realize that despite the fact that its only the elite 8, you can't possibly score any more points.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Brackets are like hard drugs. You fill one out thinking it will do great, then you're left with 7/16 sweet 16 teams and 1 of your final four teams left...and you think "why do i do this to myself"....but then, the next year...they come calling "uh_no...you neeeeeeed me" so you relapse and fill out the bracket again.

It's always a miserable day when your last team goes out and you realize that despite the fact that its only the elite 8, you can't possibly score any more points.
    "Note to self - DON'T PICK SO MANY UPSETS NEXT YEAR"

I never remember, though...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    "Note to self - DON'T PICK SO MANY UPSETS NEXT YEAR"

I never remember, though...
    I actually reduced my upset picks a little this year, but still expect my bracket to implode like normal. I did not go chalk, but I did not get too radical with the upsets other than in a couple of spots. I did pick Belmont to take down the Hoyas. Low percentage pick, but they certainly could do it.

Here is obamas bracket.

He has UNC to win with Duke losing to Baylor...

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...ntryID=4267886

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Here is obamas bracket.

He has UNC to win with Duke losing to Baylor...

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...ntryID=4267886
    He's picked UNC, Kansas, Kansas, and UNC in 4 years....really rooting for the underdogs...Don't think he's had lower than a 2 in his final 4 in 4 years.
    1200. DDMF.

I'd love to see a Wichita State/Michigan championship game; with Wichita state winning. That way they can sell t-shirts saying, "Shockers shocked the world." Or something along those lines.

If anyone cannot get enough brackets, you can enter mine where the winner gets a year BDN Membership - http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...groupID=169551 But of course, enter the DBR one first and good luck to all.

Props to uh_no for correctly picking the Final 4. I thought I was doing pretty well having picked 3 out of 4 and I'm only in 12th. We've got some sharp basketball minds on this board... who woulda thought?

Standings After the Elite 8.

1 uh_no nobody 42 of 60 100 164
    2 Olympic Fan Al 39 of 60 91 139
    3 PatrickW's Bracket PatrickW 42 of 60 90 154
    3 Greg_Newton Kyle 42 of 60 90 154
    5 DukeBlue Bracket Spike 42 of 60 86 150
    5 sbroc012 Blake B 40 of 60 86 102
    5 superdave 39 of 60 86 150
    5 Ferryfor50 Justin P 38 of 60 86 150
    9 Hurley2Hill BR 40 of 60 85 149
    10 Jason's picks of perfection Jason 38 of 60 83 147

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post