Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
It is 11 bodies, but positionally we're still weak at the 3 if Andre doesn't practice, as we've been discussing for the last several months. Scrimmages could look like this, with the usual disclaimer that I know Coach K doesn't play positions:

PG: Tyler vs. Quinn
SG: Seth vs. Rasheed
SF: Alex vs. ?
PF Ryan vs. Josh
C: Plumlee v. Plumlee

I guess Todd Z. could go against Ryan while Josh goes against Alex, but we can see how vital a role Alex will play as the only "big versatile wing" on our roster. I agree with you though that we'll be fine even if we don't add anyone as this core group of guys is pretty darn solid.
I'd be surprised if Hairston spent time on Murphy in practice. I'd imagine that a walk-on would fill the role, as it makes more sense for Hairston to be practicing in the situations that he'll face in a game (which will be at the PF spot). But yes, there's a missing piece if Dawkins doesn't practice and we don't land a recruit or a transfer.

Murphy's development, along with the development of a playmaking guard (whether it be Curry, Sulaimon, Cook, or Thornton) will be critical in our team's success.