Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    I agree. Given the relatively long and drawn out nature of his recruitment punctuated by a few "Amile is likely to announce this Friday" frenzies, everything that needs to be discussed has already been discussed. If the thread falls on the board, it's not because people don't care. It's because we've already hashed out every angle we can think of. I'm still paying full attention, albeit quietly at this point.

Amile's recruitment and thread is...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Amile's recruitment and thread is...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
    It's actually kind of refreshing after the Tony Parker spectacle. It seems like Amile is weighing his options with his inner circle and doesn't feel the need or desire to play out every step in the media. Kind of like Kevin Durant quietly tweeting his contract extension after Lebron's decision. Wherever Amile decides to go will be lucky to get him. I hope it's us, but if it's State, they're going to be a scary team in the next couple of years.

This may or may not be relevant to Amile, but Eric Bossi reporting that Tyler Harris is leaving NC State.

This may or may not be relevant to Amile, but Eric Bossi reporting that Tyler Harris is leaving NC State.
    Tyler Harris played limited minutes as a freshman forward. Hopefully, this is not an indication that he knows Amile is coming to State.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Tyler Harris played limited minutes as a freshman forward. Hopefully, this is not an indication that he knows Amile is coming to State.
    Or maybe he was forced out by the current staff in hopes of being more enticing to Amile? Really strange for him to transfer imo at this point.

Well if Amile Jefferson needs to have a very little used freshman with minimal expectations for the up coming season "cleared out" for him to expect more playing time, then I think we have all over estimated Amile's worth as a basketball player.

Most likely the kid didn't want to be at NCSU and left... not everything that happens is part of the recruiting chess game.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Or maybe he was forced out by the current staff in hopes of being more enticing to Amile? Really strange for him to transfer imo at this point.
    I'd be shocked if they were forcing him out. As for the strangeness, I don't think it is all that strange. Elliot Williams transferred two months later in the year and he was destined to have even more of a role than Harris would have had (regardless of whether Jefferson goes to State or not). People make their decisions in whatever time frame seems reasonable. Maybe he was waiting until the semester ended to make the decision.

But I can't imagine Gottfried forcing Harris (or anyone else) out. He doesn't seem to be running that type of program, and if he was he'd get buried by Roy Williams (and possibly Duke as well) for pulling those shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    ... not everything that happens is part of the recruiting chess game.
    Whoa, slow down there buddy. Walk around spewing heresies like that and soon enough all of these recruiting threads will be empty -- traditionally considered the first sign of the coming apocalypse. With it being 2012 and all, we should probably tread very, very carefully.

I was surprised when Painter left. This doesn't surprise me at all. Harris got a fair amount of PT early but then just disappeared. Gottfried compressed his rotation to seven and when he went deeper than that, he usually opted for DeThaey.

It was no secret that Harris was not a happy camper at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Or maybe he was forced out by the current staff in hopes of being more enticing to Amile? ...
    NCState isn't kentucky ...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    ... not everything that happens is part of the recruiting chess game.
    Except at kentucky

I agree....

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'd be shocked if they were forcing him out. As for the strangeness, I don't think it is all that strange. Elliot Williams transferred two months later in the year and he was destined to have even more of a role than Harris would have had (regardless of whether Jefferson goes to State or not). People make their decisions in whatever time frame seems reasonable. Maybe he was waiting until the semester ended to make the decision.

But I can't imagine Gottfried forcing Harris (or anyone else) out. He doesn't seem to be running that type of program, and if he was he'd get buried by Roy Williams (and possibly Duke as well) for pulling those shenanigans.
    I think you're right. I just saw on twitter where it appears that apparently it wasn't all that surprising about Harris leaving State. As you said, guys choose their own timing when it comes to making the decision to transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    NCState isn't kentucky ...

Except at kentucky

So true, that was an oversite on my part...

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Whoa, slow down there buddy. Walk around spewing heresies like that and soon enough all of these recruiting threads will be empty -- traditionally considered the first sign of the coming apocalypse. With it being 2012 and all, we should probably tread very, very carefully.
    So are you saying the Mayans were obsessed with recruiting?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    So are you saying the Mayans were obsessed with recruiting?
    If I am not mistaken, the recruiting misses of the Mayans on some big time astronomical recruits and a few costly transfers cost them the Astro-Physics title in the Yucatan league. The ensuing riot was Maryland-like and collapsed their civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    This is how he has State fans feeling LINK

Hopefully we are a bit more level-headed on this side, albeit still interested and invested in the young man's decision.

On another note, this probably has been discussed already, but, just curious - if Amile goes elsewhere and Andre redshirts, I count 10 young men on the active roster for next season? Will we have walk-ons or somehow otherwise gain a few additional student athletes, or will we go to war with 10 guys?

This is how he has State fans feeling LINK

Hopefully we are a bit more level-headed on this side, albeit still interested and invested in the young man's decision.

On another note, this probably has been discussed already, but, just curious - if Amile goes elsewhere and Andre redshirts, I count 10 young men on the active roster for next season? Will we have walk-ons or somehow otherwise gain a few additional student athletes, or will we go to war with 10 guys?
    We would have nine guys on scholarship actively playing (ten if Zafirovski keeps his scholarship, which I imagine would be the case), with one guy on scholarship redshirting. We rarely play more than 8 guys anyway, so I don't see why we'd need many more bodies (if any). That's 11 bodies for practice, unless Dawkins decides to be completely away from the team during a redshirt year. I'm sure there could be a walk on or two from the former managers. But that's a pretty full roster of bodies.

We would have nine guys on scholarship actively playing (ten if Zafirovski keeps his scholarship, which I imagine would be the case), with one guy on scholarship redshirting. We rarely play more than 8 guys anyway, so I don't see why we'd need many more bodies (if any). That's 11 bodies for practice, unless Dawkins decides to be completely away from the team during a redshirt year. I'm sure there could be a walk on or two from the former managers. But that's a pretty full roster of bodies.
    Good points. I guess I'm worrying about injuries and other unforeseen circumstances. I suppose if we have the core rotation of 8 plus 2 that will be sufficient unless something drastic happens.

It is 11 bodies, but positionally we're still weak at the 3 if Andre doesn't practice, as we've been discussing for the last several months. Scrimmages could look like this, with the usual disclaimer that I know Coach K doesn't play positions:

PG: Tyler vs. Quinn
    SG: Seth vs. Rasheed
    SF: Alex vs. ?
    PF Ryan vs. Josh
    C: Plumlee v. Plumlee

I guess Todd Z. could go against Ryan while Josh goes against Alex, but we can see how vital a role Alex will play as the only "big versatile wing" on our roster. I agree with you though that we'll be fine even if we don't add anyone as this core group of guys is pretty darn solid.

Good points. I guess I'm worrying about injuries and other unforeseen circumstances. I suppose if we have the core rotation of 8 plus 2 that will be sufficient unless something drastic happens.
    Allay all concerns, in that rotation will be ....

robocop_movie_image.jpg

Alex Murphy!