Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

UK's thin numbers

Absent another recruit or juco, UK will have little proven depth next season. This season, in addition to the great frosh, UK could depend on - and did, frequently - an experienced senior [Miller] and two talented sophs [Jones and Lamb].

But next season, their 4 fine frosh will get less help from returnees. Who's coming back for UK?

1. Wiltjer - fine player, definitely
    2. Harrow - NCSt transfer now eligible, must carry - on his slender frame - major, major mpg at PG
    3. Hood - wing, injured, redshirt, potential, but not proven ; he'll get his chance, but must come through
    4. Polson - little used backup PG; doubt he can give Harrow more than 5-6 mpg relief

I suspect that, for all his preference to avoid playing any 4, that Poythress will have to serve some time there. I'll guess Poythress is hoping Jefferson comes to Lexington.

another signing date announced

Take this for what it's worth -- and in Jefferson's case, it might not be worth much -- but his high school coach now says Jefferson will sign "by next Wednesday":

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/05/co...decide-by.html

Pretty sure Wednesday is the end of the spring signing period, although it's not really a deadline -- a kid can sign a non-binding instititional letter at any point up until the start of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Take this for what it's worth -- and in Jefferson's case, it might not be worth much -- but his high school coach now says Jefferson will sign "by next Wednesday":

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/05/co...decide-by.html

Pretty sure Wednesday is the end of the spring signing period, although it's not really a deadline -- a kid can sign a non-binding instititional letter at any point up until the start of classes.
    We'll see what happens. I hope he chooses wisely. I suppose it's a positive that he didn't immediately sign on with Cal after Bennett's decision to drop KY. It would support the notion that he's truly still torn.

Regardless, it will be good to put the 2012 cycle to a close and turn our attention more fully to the exciting 2013 class.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    We'll see what happens. I hope he chooses wisely. I suppose it's a positive that he didn't immediately sign on with Cal after Bennett's decision to drop KY. It would support the notion that he's truly still torn.

Regardless, it will be good to put the 2012 cycle to a close and turn our attention more fully to the exciting 2013 class.
    I'm amphibious. I can wait for Amile to choose Duke and watch as an outstanding 2013 class takes shape.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I'm amphibious. I can wait for Amile to choose Duke and watch as an outstanding 2013 class takes shape.
    Yup. No reason we can't sit back and watch the 2012 and 2013 classes take shape over the next few months. No reason to sweat Jefferson's decision. It'll happen when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    You're probably also one of those guys going down the freeway texting and driving. SMH.

Wink

You're probably also one of those guys going down the freeway texting and driving. SMH.
    Or he's a very intelligent frog.

I hope Amile makes his decision next week, but waiting is fine too.

Sure hope that this goes our way. We are DUE for some good news!!!

And I hope that AJ finds some peace with his decision, as he seems terribly torn over it still.

According to Alex Kline of Rivals.com (no relation) Amile isn't likely to end up at Kentucky but you never know.

http://www.nationofblue.com/kline-uk...fferson-11148/

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    According to Alex Kline of Rivals.com (no relation) Amile isn't likely to end up at Kentucky but you never know.

http://www.nationofblue.com/kline-uk...fferson-11148/
    I thought Alex Kline was that young kid who reports on recruiting. Did he sign on with Rivals?

As has been said before, his opinion is appreciated, but nobody knows. I think the lead up to Nerlens Noel's announcement was a nice reminder that recruiting speculation is chaotic. A lot of folks had him pinned to G-town and yet somehow that barber chiseled a UK into his hair.

I'm excited about our team for next year. If Amile comes, great, if not, I hope he is well spoken in his announcement press conference (as I fully expect), and is happy with his decision. He's a good kid and deserves to enjoy his college years.

He seems like he would be a great fit but he needs to get it done because dragging it out just adds to the pressures and second guessing. Think long think wrong I've heard said.

The Time is Nigh

Per Zags, Amile will announce at 4pm on Tuesday. LINK

Per Zags, Amile will announce at 4pm on Tuesday. LINK
    Word in the State circles is that he will be choosing to be a Wuffie.

Can't wait to start focusing on 2013 recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I am so done with Duke's 2012 recruiting!

I'd take what NCSU fans say with a grain of salt.

Yeah, they've been saying that pretty consistently for about 6 mos now....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!!!!

That is what I have thought all along and I hope I am right. Be some fun games next year with Duke, Unc, and State although I honestly think we beat Unc twice and fairly easily. Same with State, I think they cruise past Unc.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    That is what I have thought all along and I hope I am right. Be some fun games next year with Duke, Unc, and State although I honestly think we beat Unc twice and fairly easily. Same with State, I think they cruise past Unc.
    I'd prefer him in Durham, but I'd much prefer him in Raleigh than Lexington. He's a nice kid and a bright one. State would be a nice fit given their positive trajectory and the likelihood he won't be recruited over in future years. That said, I hope the State fans are just drinking too much of their own Koolaid and Amile signs on with us. If not, we'll still be fine. It would be just another slot to fill with the rich 2013-2014 classes.

I'd prefer him in Durham, but I'd much prefer him in Raleigh than Lexington. He's a nice kid and a bright one. State would be a nice fit given their positive trajectory and the likelihood he won't be recruited over in future years. That said, I hope the State fans are just drinking too much of their own Koolaid and Amile signs on with us. If not, we'll still be fine. It would be just another slot to fill with the rich 2013-2014 classes.
    If I had my choice if he wasn't a Blue Devil I'd prefer him to stay home at Villanova so Duke doens't have to face him every year. NC State I want them to do well, just not at Duke's expense and well, Jefferson would help them in that regard. I really like the kid but I don't want to have to see him playing Duke on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    If I had my choice if he wasn't a Blue Devil I'd prefer him to stay home at Villanova so Duke doens't have to face him every year. NC State I want them to do well, just not at Duke's expense and well, Jefferson would help them in that regard. I really like the kid but I don't want to have to see him playing Duke on a regular basis.
    I was going on the assumption that he's down to KY, State, and Duke, although I realize Nova has not been formally told "no" yet. I agree with you though that if a young man doesn't come to Duke, the next best option is to stay home and be a hometown hero.