Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Bennett

Per Evan Daniels, Bennett has eliminated Florida, which is quite suprising. Many were predicting he would land there.

KY, Oregon, and UNLV. This may be of relevance to our pursuit of Amile.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Per Evan Daniels, Bennett has eliminated Florida, which is quite suprising. Many were predicting he would land there.

KY, Oregon, and UNLV. This may be of relevance to our pursuit of Amile.
    What you thinking, package deal with Amile to KY or something along those lines? Or if Bennett goes to KY it increases our chances?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    What you thinking, package deal with Amile to KY or something along those lines? Or if Bennett goes to KY it increases our chances?
    Bennett and Amile play the same position so this wouldn't be a "package" situation. In theory, Bennett commiting to KY would likely increase the chances of Amile going to Duke or NCSU.

IMO, much like TP and Shabazz, Jefferson has already made his choice some time ago; he's just delaying the "break-up" process with the school(s) he didn't choose.

EDIT: To clarify, this is also the theory of Dave Telep, in the article on the front page link. I just happen to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    IF at all relevant (and I have no clue whether it truly is), I would imagine Bennett going to KY might steer Amile to the Triangle. If it is truly coming down to something like that then KY must have really made up a lot of ground recently and would appear to be at least on an even level with Duke and State or perhaps even in the lead. Who knows though. My hypothesis is it has nothing to do with the rosters but perhaps a lack of consensus still among his loved ones. Lots of potential reasons. All we can do (and should do) is wait patiently.

With Bennett eliminating Kentucky, it's probably not a bad idea for some on this board (me included) to step back and realize that Calipari is not, in fact, getting every recruit he wants. While he continues to recruit at an extremely high level, with zero signs of slowing down anytime soon, still, in the last couple of weeks he has been turned down by 3 pretty high level kids: Shabazz Muhammad, Xavier transfer Mark Lyons, and now Anthony Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    With Bennett eliminating Kentucky, it's probably not a bad idea for some on this board (me included) to step back and realize that Calipari is not, in fact, getting every recruit he wants. While he continues to recruit at an extremely high level, with zero signs of slowing down anytime soon, still, in the last couple of weeks he has been turned down by 3 pretty high level kids: Shabazz Muhammad, Xavier transfer Mark Lyons, and now Anthony Bennett.
    When did this happen? I know he eliminated Fla; but I didn't see where he elimnated KY as well. Did he verbal to another school?

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    When did this happen? I know he eliminated Fla; but I didn't see where he elimnated KY as well. Did he verbal to another school?
    No, but he's expected to choose between UNLV and Oregon pretty quickly now.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    No, but he's expected to choose between UNLV and Oregon pretty quickly now.
    Bennett to UNLV.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...-runnin-rebels