Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Duke has alums. Lehigh has aluminums.

Who knew?

(But I think they're a pretty good team -- no upsetting the weauf gods here)

I think Duke has the metal to win the game this Friday.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I think most of us on this board will be a pool for the tourney. I was in my pool just this afternoon ...
    Should we all pool our positive thoughts for this weekend?
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 03-13-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: ? added

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Holy mackerel! They're sure putting their team on a high perch. I think Duke will win beyond a shadow of a trout, but oh my cod, what if we flounder?
    This is getting too fishy for me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I think Duke has the metal to win the game this Friday.
    But I'll bet we don't have too many alloys in the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ... Lehigh has aluminums.

The last time we played a team from Pennsylvania in the NCAA's, Reynolds [W]rapped us for 16 points ...

extra Lehigh stuff: They were founded by Asa Packer who was no relation to Billy Packer, but Billy's dad coached there for 16 years, with one winning season ... Lehigh is named for the Lehigh Valley, which is named for the Lehigh River ... so they're named for a river, and we have a Rivers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    The last time we played a team from Pennsylvania in the NCAA's, Reynolds [W]rapped us for 16 points ...

extra Lehigh stuff: They were founded by Asa Packer who was no relation to Billy Packer, but Billy's dad coached there for 16 years, with one winning season ... Lehigh is named for the Lehigh Valley, which is named for the Lehigh River ... so they're named for a river, and we have a Rivers ...
    Drats! Foiled again by a better punner!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    As I Reed it, the Lehigh coach was knee-high when Coach K began his run.

Coach K goes back so far that there were steel mills in PA when he started.
    well said--but as I am a native (now long since moved away) Pittsburgher, this post makes me a little sad....I have fond (really!) recollections of the terrible sulfurous smell of the steel mills and the awesome beauty of blast furnaces working at night.

Oops, now I have actually made an off-topic post in the pun thread! That may be a new low; sorry.