Thumbs up Duke Basketball Bluebook

Discuss the new Duke Basketball Bluebook here.

I downloaded the new e-book to my Nook today and, well, I couldn't put it down. Sure, there's not much included that will be new to DBR regulars, but I really enjoyed the perspectives on the 2012 season and outlook for the NCAAs.

There is a detailed profile for Duke and the other 4 ACC teams in the NCAA tournament. The appendix lists the tournament records for the five coaches highlighted by the wonderful phrase "NIT Runners-up".

I loved the photos, quite a few of which are from the conference tournament.

There is discussion of the potential opponents for the ACC teams, but it's pretty limited. If you're looking for a detailed profile of Lehigh, it's not here.

Oh, there's a very nice introduction by Julian.

All-in-all it's very nicely done. It left me with a feeling of excitement about the tournament and a renewed sense of wanting all the ACC teams to do well - with one exception.

Suggestion: for people going to Greensboro it would be nice to have the rosters of all 8 or 9 teams included.

Quibbles - a few minor issues, but these do not detract from the overall quality of the e-book.

Three photos of Mason are mis-captioned "Miles".

Several photos are misformatted, with text overlaying the photo. (This may be a Nook-only problem).

At least one incorrect statement in the text: UNC "defeated every team in the league at least once". Not FSU.

There are just a couple hints that much of the material was written pre-confernece tournaments...Kansas is referred to as "a likely #1 seed".

There will be an updated bluebook for the sweet 16...

I especially enjoyed the ACC tourney photos and writing, and the stat sheets. The photos across the whole book are very enjoyable.

I don't have a kindle or a nook (yea, I'm a Luddite). But the kindle app for windows made it easy. Downloaded it from my Amazon acct. couldn't have been easier.
    Also picked up the kindle for iPhone, too. My first ebook.

Oh, and a pretty good conference run-down, too.

-jk

Great idea with a star-studded list of authors, and I hope this is a success. If I may make a humble suggestion (and you may well be doing this already), it seems like it would be beneficial to find a way to also market the book to more casual fans than us at DBR. I think a lot of us here are sort of abnormally diehard basketball fans to begin with, and our obsession has resulted in us already having spent an inordinate amount of time watching and learning about other ACC teams, for better or for worse.

Just a thought; I'd still like to have it to read the various authors' perspectives and extra insights, and I'd think it would be a must-buy if I were actually attending any games. But it seems like the best market for this kind of book might be fans that fall somewhere in-between the "casual" and "spend all day posting about college basketball at work" categories, who are passionate enough to be interested but not crazy enough to know the teams front-and-back already.

Best of luck.

Bought it. Read it. Loved it. Reviewed it on Amazon. Everybody get over there and give it lots of stars! If you liked it, of course.