Greensboro practice times?

Please forgive if this has already been posted elsewhere....but any ideas on practice times in Greensboro?

Thanks,

ARo24

practice times

Quote Originally Posted by aro24 View Post
    Please forgive if this has already been posted elsewhere....but any ideas on practice times in Greensboro?

Thanks,

ARo24
    Not released yet, but practice times usually correspond fairly closely with the actual game time -- thus I feel it's safe to say that the Devils will work out for one hour at either 6, 7 or 8 p.m. Probably 6 or 7. UNC will wok in thel late afternoon. Notre Dame and Xavier should have the last practice times Wednesday.

CBS' game-day scheduling is none too kind: UNC at ~4:10 and Duke at 7:15, there's not much time to clear and reload the gym. If they follow the usual ncaa tourney 2 1/2 minute media timeouts and a 20 minute halftime, I won't be surprised if UNC finishes after 6:20.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    CBS' game-day scheduling is none too kind: UNC at ~4:10 and Duke at 7:15, there's not much time to clear and reload the gym. If they follow the usual ncaa tourney 2 1/2 minute media timeouts and a 20 minute halftime, I won't be surprised if UNC finishes after 6:20.
    It's possible that people with tickets for the second session (Duke's) may not see the start of their game, as they have to kick everyone out of the building after the first session, and only then start letting people in who are waiting in line. This happened in Denver last year.

practice times

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    It's possible that people with tickets for the second session (Duke's) may not see the start of their game, as they have to kick everyone out of the building after the first session, and only then start letting people in who are waiting in line. This happened in Denver last year.
    The practice times are announced (entrance in free ... I thin k parkingn is, but I'm not sure):

Thursday, March 15

11:00 am Coliseum doors open

Noon - 12:40 p.m. Alabama

12:45 - 1:25 p.m. Lehigh

1:30-2:10 p.m. Creighton

2:15-2:55 p.m. North Carolina

4:25-5:05 p.m. Duke

5:10-5:50 p.m. Notre Dame

5:55 - 6:35 p.m. Lamar/Vermont

6:40 - 7:20 p.m. Xavier

Can you elaborate on that a bit? I'm looking at my tickets, one for 1st session and one for 2nd that day. They cleared everybody out in between sessions? Even if you could show a 2nd session ticket to them?
    What a mess.
    Stupid tv scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Can you elaborate on that a bit? I'm looking at my tickets, one for 1st session and one for 2nd that day. They cleared everybody out in between sessions? Even if you could show a 2nd session ticket to them?
    What a mess.
    Stupid tv scheduling.
    Yep, building security folks go around and kick people out. I doubt it matters whether you can show them a ticket for the night session. I was one of the last people to leave, and milled around the outside of the Pepsi Center for awhile before leaving the area to find something to eat and the lines to get into the night session still hadn't moved.

By the time I came back for the night session there were STILL people in line, and after working the scalper's market and getting to my seat, the first half was more than half over. Now, Greensboro are pros at running tournaments so I doubt it's much of a problem, but do not count on having any real time between sessions to grab something to eat. You don't have 2+ hours as in the ACC Tournament.

I do have one friend who successfully hid in the bowels of the Charlotte Coliseum between sessions on ACC Tournament Friday many years ago. This isn't worth doing if you already have a night ticket of course, and I know of no good hiding places in Greensboro anyway.

I know of no good hiding places in Greensboro anyway.
    Not that we haven't all tried, hahaha.

Ugh, still sounds annoying. Guess we'll skip on out of the holes game early, visit the ice chest and head back to the lines early for the MARQUIS game.

Not too sure on Greensboro getting things right....

Yep, building security folks go around and kick people out. I doubt it matters whether you can show them a ticket for the night session. I was one of the last people to leave, and milled around the outside of the Pepsi Center for awhile before leaving the area to find something to eat and the lines to get into the night session still hadn't moved.

By the time I came back for the night session there were STILL people in line, and after working the scalper's market and getting to my seat, the first half was more than half over. Now, Greensboro are pros at running tournaments so I doubt it's much of a problem, but do not count on having any real time between sessions to grab something to eat. You don't have 2+ hours as in the ACC Tournament.

I do have one friend who successfully hid in the bowels of the Charlotte Coliseum between sessions on ACC Tournament Friday many years ago. This isn't worth doing if you already have a night ticket of course, and I know of no good hiding places in Greensboro anyway.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Give yourself plenty of time before the game. The last time I went to a Duke game at the Greensboro coliseum was win #900 over UNCG. I missed the entire first half because of parking. The new aquatic center took away a lot of parking and there just happened to be a college wrestling tourney and high school basketball going on in the special events center that same night...but left me with a bad experience....don't anticipate anything that egregious this time around but as a "local" here I do recommend to people traveling to allow plenty of time for parking.

ARo24

Good tip, thanks. where is the aquatic center in relation to the coliseum?

For Greensboro I always park in the sketchy neighborhood east of Coliseum Boulevard. It's not dangerous, really, but a bit downmarket. I just call it that.

Fastest way to the Coliseum from the west (which is my typical approach, as the airport is there) is I-40 to Wendover Ave, then right on Spring Garden Street, then right on Chapman and under the railroad bridge and you're there. Patterson Street is another good option.

Parking Ideas

For Greensboro I always park in the sketchy neighborhood east of Coliseum Boulevard. It's not dangerous, really, but a bit downmarket. I just call it that.

Fastest way to the Coliseum from the west (which is my typical approach, as the airport is there) is I-40 to Wendover Ave, then right on Spring Garden Street, then right on Chapman and under the railroad bridge and you're there. Patterson Street is another good option.
    I am a Greensboro resident and I usually park for free on the street around the Chapman/Spring Garden intersection. There are usually free spots on Chapman Court which is a small side street just off Spring Garden. It is less than 10 minute walk to the Coliseum up Chapman and under the railroad bridge.

It may be less than ideal if you are spending the day there and want to return to your vehicle for "refreshments" but walking up will save you the hassle of the long lines to get into the parking lot now that new buildings like the aquatic center have reduced the amount of Coliseum parking. Plus it saves up a little cash for souvenirs and other fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Good tip, thanks. where is the aquatic center in relation to the coliseum?
    The aquatic center is actually on the grounds...on the opposite side of the coliseum from the FanZone building...it is on the High Point Road side....Another good way in from I-40 is to take the Freeman Mill Road exit off of I-40 towards downtown...either the 1st or 2nd stoplight you come to (can't remember exactly) is Coliseum Boulevard...take a left and this will bring you right to the back parking lot and you will miss all of that awful High Point Road traffic.

ARO24