Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
I would like to see any DBR poster at one of Duke's year-round 6 a.m. practices, or at the team's pre-season two-a-days, or in video sessions, or in one-on-one's with Coach K. Show up at just one of their never-ending practices and tell them how they just don't have the "hunger" that the guys had back in "those days." Tell them that they just don't work hard enough. After all, we seem to know better than they do.

This year's struggles (if you can even call them "struggles") have nothing to do with hunger, but with personnel. We don't have a Christian Laettner, a Bobby Hurley, or a Grant Hill on this year's roster. Let alone just one player of that caliber (though you might be able to make a case fior Austin). We have a lop-sided roster of talented but ill-fitting pieces, who have no choice but to contend with each other's flaws. And yet, our boys have still done a damn fine job, easily exceeding any reasonable expectation. We are a 2-seed and a top-ten team with one of the best records in the country (and against one of the toughest schedules in all of the NCAA), and somehow people still feel entitled to question our players' hunger.

Yikes. Happy you guys aren't my boss.
Well said. I agree with you. Some people never get it.