• Ohio

0 0%
  • Belmont

1 1.89%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    Exactly. With the exception of a couple of plays, Barnes was horrible at both ends. I would like to think he just got his worst game of the year out of his system and that he'll bounce back, but I'm not so sure. He hasn't looked sharp for a while. If we are to advance, we need everyone to play very well.

Solid game for Stillman; huge game for Bullock and Zeller. 20 points and 22 rebounds- that's impressive.
    I guess you guys assume that UNC will have their way with Kansas' frontcourt, which is equally formidable. I guess you also think that Kansas' guards won't defend better than Ohio's guards, or that Releford won't be in Barnes' hip pocket all night.

You should be the country's biggest State fans tonight. Kansas is a matchup nightmare for you without Marshall.

I'm not going to lie... I might be more upset about Ohio blowing that than Duke blowing theirs. So. Close.

My only issue with the huge psychological edge that Carolina has on State is the fact that although Stillman played well offensively, he still appeared to be a major liability on the defensive end and that is only going to get exacerbated if he has to deal with 6'5 Zo Brown, who has no problem posting up. Even if you put him on Wood, I doubt White is capable of pulling a Wes Miller (great defensive jobs on JJ).

I want State to win because I like them, but I'm okay either way realizing that my main issue with the remainder of this tournament is preventing Ole Roy from getting #3

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten to the Final Four having played only double digit seeds?
    If any team has, my money would be on UNC. They are, after all, the luckiest team of all time - bar none!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Survive and advance.

Ohio was a very good team. They made some big shot and played really tough.

Quick thoughts...

Barnes singlehandedly kept Ohio in the game...he basically looked horrible with the exception of a couple of jumpers.

White played very well and I think showed he's more than a blue team player. 6 assist, O To's and some good D. When he comes back more physically mature, he'll get plenty of time.

Too much power inside, (Zeller mainly). Big shots by Bullock,and Henson.
    C'mon Wheat, you are smarter than that with hoops. Ohio was nowhere near "a good team". Flip the channel over to the Kentucky/Indiana game and notice the huge difference between Indiana and Ohio. It is no comparison. Even Xavier is superior to Ohio. UNC played horrible tonight with over 20 turnovers, and survived because of Zeller, Henson, and Bullock's timely shooting, and because the opponent was inferior and their best player played worse than Barnes.

White played ok against an early November cupcake type team, but had they been playing somebody he would have been a much bigger liability. I was actually surprised at how bad Watts played. I know UNC is beat up and missing its entire backcourt, but they have still advanced to the Elite 8 having not played a ranked team yet. So far, the easy bracket has offset the injuries. If State pulls the upset, UNC will actually be able to advance to the Final Four having not played a ranked team. At this point, I would almost be willing to call Vegas and bet on that happening.

Really, really, really need Kansas to win this game. Big time.

Good lord, Kansas came out sleepwalking and is down 9-1 already. I don't know if I can remember a more frustrating tournament in the last few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Yep. I know NCState has been playing well recently, but I just think they'll revert to form and roll over for the Heels if they play them on Sunday. Kansas will not do that, and they are a better matchup against UNC. But somehow I'm betting the Heels get another break and State wins tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    If any team has, my money would be on UNC. They are, after all, the luckiest team of all time - bar none!
    Luckiest. I do not think that word means what you think it means. We've lost three of our top seven players to injury this year, two of whom are in the one position where we are thinnest. A fourth is playing with a wrist injury.

I'm sorry there is no way I'm pulling for Kansas to beat State. State needs to take care of business against Kansas and then take it to Carolina.
    Bob Green

Indeed. I hate having to pull against State, but no way do I want to see them as UNC opponent on Sunday... I am rock chalk jayhawk tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    State needs to ... take it to Carolina.
    Yes, but you see - that is never going to happen.

huge game for Bullock
    He has really come on for you guys. At this point I find him to be a better all around player than the black pigeon.

I just love his game. Wish he wore the darker shade of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I guess you guys assume that UNC will have their way with Kansas' frontcourt, which is equally formidable. I guess you also think that Kansas' guards won't defend better than Ohio's guards, or that Releford won't be in Barnes' hip pocket all night.

You should be the country's biggest State fans tonight. Kansas is a matchup nightmare for you without Marshall.
    I do not think we will have our way with any part of KU or State. What Wheat was saying, and I was agreeing with, is that we can potentially win even without Marshall, but will have no chance if Barnes goes 3-16 with 5 TOs again.

Good lord, Kansas came out sleepwalking and is down 9-1 already. I don't know if I can remember a more frustrating tournament in the last few years...
    Yea... looking ahead to UNC I imagine.

NCSU is capable of beating KU if they can keep their composure. So far looks like KU is getting some of the calls and we all know how much that drives State fans/players crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Indeed. I hate having to pull against State, but no way do I want to see them as UNC opponent on Sunday... I am rock chalk jayhawk tonight.
    If we're so torn between a State vs Kansas game, what would this board look like if Kentucky played UNC?

state out-hustling ku right now
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    If we're so torn between a State vs Kansas game, what would this board look like if Kentucky played UNC?
    Ha, meltdown I suppose.. I would be pulling for UK. Heck, I am pulling for the highest seed in every game until the Heels go down.

I guarantee if UNC has to face an 11 seed to get to the Final Four there will be NO articles focusing on a Final Four "cake walk" ala Duke 2010.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

I do not think we will have our way with any part of KU or State. What Wheat was saying, and I was agreeing with, is that we can potentially win even without Marshall, but will have no chance if Barnes goes 3-16 with 5 TOs again.
    No I think Wheat is related to Stillman White because he has a huge man crush on him.