Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
I'd argue that "what he was asked to do" was asked only because the team knew he wasn't capable of much more. Note that in the second half, when Ohio decided to make it difficult to get the ball to Zeller, UNC's offense fizzled. The team just had no ability to create offense, so Barnes and Bullock were forced to take jumpers (which Bullock hit a bunch of big ones).

I really don't think we're going to see White do much offensively, mainly because Kansas has even quicker guards than Ohio. If UNC wins, it'll be because of one (or more) of the following:

1. Foul trouble by Withey and/or Robinson
2. Too many turnovers and/or bad shots by Kansas's guards
3. Great shooting from Bullock, Barnes, and/or Hairston

They'll need White to continue to at least be a non-factor, but that'll be tougher against Taylor and Johnson than it was against Cooper (who was just awful) and Kellogg.

But we'll see how it plays out at 5:05 today now that we know Marshall is out.
Stilman White has some game. He was a scorer in HS. This ain't HS, but last I checked the basket is the same size and height. He just has to play with confidence, and I think last game helped him get some.

UNC has to move sharp off the ball and minimize putting it on the floor because outside of Stilman, it's not a good ballhandling team off the dribble, which leads to TO's if they don't.

Too many TO's and they are toast.

The bench of Watts, MacAdoo, and PJ has to give them something. Lots of effort every play will be required to get open and UNC kids will get tired when cutting, screening, moving off the ball if the bench doesn't contribute.