• Ohio

0 0%
  • Belmont

1 1.89%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'd argue that "what he was asked to do" was asked only because the team knew he wasn't capable of much more. Note that in the second half, when Ohio decided to make it difficult to get the ball to Zeller, UNC's offense fizzled. The team just had no ability to create offense, so Barnes and Bullock were forced to take jumpers (which Bullock hit a bunch of big ones).

I really don't think we're going to see White do much offensively, mainly because Kansas has even quicker guards than Ohio. If UNC wins, it'll be because of one (or more) of the following:

1. Foul trouble by Withey and/or Robinson
    2. Too many turnovers and/or bad shots by Kansas's guards
    3. Great shooting from Bullock, Barnes, and/or Hairston

They'll need White to continue to at least be a non-factor, but that'll be tougher against Taylor and Johnson than it was against Cooper (who was just awful) and Kellogg.

But we'll see how it plays out at 5:05 today now that we know Marshall is out.
    Stilman White has some game. He was a scorer in HS. This ain't HS, but last I checked the basket is the same size and height. He just has to play with confidence, and I think last game helped him get some.

UNC has to move sharp off the ball and minimize putting it on the floor because outside of Stilman, it's not a good ballhandling team off the dribble, which leads to TO's if they don't.

Too many TO's and they are toast.

The bench of Watts, MacAdoo, and PJ has to give them something. Lots of effort every play will be required to get open and UNC kids will get tired when cutting, screening, moving off the ball if the bench doesn't contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddXfc0mQfxc
    Pulling out all the stops now, aren't you doc?

I do this every time I read this person's post. Guess whose?

http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effec...NDDOGS__vo.mp3

And come on, mods, show you have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Pulling out all the stops now, aren't you doc?
    Heck yea! (or should that be Huck, yea?)

In fact, I have a voodoo doll for each of these guys I am working on right now:

10740012-large.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I tell you what: if UNC somehow wins the title this year, they'll have earned it. They're going to likely have to go through 3 top-10 teams to win it. Kansas, then OSU, then likely UK. That'll be a tough road, with or without Marshall.

I think they likely go down today without Marshall, but if they can shoot it they can win today. We'll see. Go Jayhawks!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I tell you what: if UNC somehow wins the title this year, they'll have earned it. They're going to likely have to go through 3 top-10 teams to win it. Kansas, then OSU, then likely UK. That'll be a tough road, with or without Marshall.

I think they likely go down today without Marshall, but if they can shoot it they can win today. We'll see. Go Jayhawks!
    Rock Chalk!

(ugh...i feel dirty now)
    1200. DDMF.

How in the name of heaven did we beat these two teams?

I have no idea how Carolina is doing this. I don't think its Roy's doing as much as Zeller is super good, but jeeze louise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    How in the name of heaven did we beat these two teams?

I have no idea how Carolina is doing this. I don't think its Roy's doing as much as Zeller is super good, but jeeze louise.
    UNC is really good and any unselfish player can play point with the other 4 players. If anything- this is really showing that Marshall may not quite be as good as many have thought- he just has a great group to pass to.

If Barnes had improved his handle like he tried last summer, he'd be a superb player. As it is, he's good, if weirdly inconsistent. He looks brilliant one play, pathetic the next. Or maybe brilliant for several minutes, then disappears.

UK, Baylor, UNC, and KU are exciting to watch. OSU no slouch, either, and UL has some moments of excellence.

You'd think KU would know that UNC hedges on that pass across court up top, but they allowed McAdoo 2 easy ones. Ditto on back door plays. KU blew 2 thunder-dumbs. Might cost them.

Great game, guys are on. Nice to see, as a sometimes-objective fan.

UNC is shooting 62% from the field against a formidable Kansas defense. Heck, even Barnes is hitting shots. Can they honestly keep up that pace? How much will Henson's ankle affect him in the 2nd half? Can Withey stay out of foul trouble? Can the two headed PG monster of Watts/White keep playing over their heads?

Hopefully UNC stops hitting everything they throw at the basket...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    UNC is shooting 62% from the field against a formidable Kansas defense. Heck, even Barnes is hitting shots. Can they honestly keep up that pace? How much will Henson's ankle affect him in the 2nd half? Can Withey stay out of foul trouble? Can the two headed PG monster of Watts/White keep playing over their heads?

Hopefully UNC stops hitting everything they throw at the basket...
    well, neither team is playing much defense so far....the team that plays at least a smidgen in the second half will probably win
    1200. DDMF.

Reggie Bullock can play. I honestly had no idea. Once he got it in his head that he was going to be the defensive stopper for this team with Strickland out, I think his confidence really picked up. Defense leading to confidence on the offensive end.. not a bad concept! He improves his handle a little bit, I think he's gonna end up being a better all around player than Harry because he rebounds well, especially for a "guard." 6'7 guard, that'd be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    well, neither team is playing much defense so far....the team that plays at least a smidgen in the second half will probably win
    I was hoping the refs would allow the same slugfest they allowed against NCSU but they're calling it a little tighter. Must be the powder blue...

That powerade commercial where they make fun of the G-Series was absolutely phenomenal. Just for that, I'm switching over.

Steve Kerr either hates Kansas or is a closet UNC fan...

Third missed thunder-dumb by KU.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Third missed thunder-dumb by KU.
    Worth it for the foul on Zeller

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Worth it for the foul on Zeller
    They changed the foul to Barnes. And I think maybe he'd still have been fouled if he'd just put it in with a normal dunk. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    They changed the foul to Barnes. And I think maybe he'd still have been fouled if he'd just put it in with a normal dunk. Not sure.
    No that was on the Withey layup. The Robinson thunder dunk miss was Zeller trying to take a charge.

Great. Now KU is playing stupid.