• 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Is the NCAA finally cracking down?
    I'm assuming this is humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    I'm assuming this is humor.

A bit. But, why all of these issues all of a sudden?
    Is it the NCAA cracking down or are the athletes involved just becoming (for lack of a better word) stupid when it comes to following the rules?

To me, there's always going to be the knucklehead out there who thinks he's not gonna get caught. Why are they getting caught now?

Just something for discussion...I don't have an answer as I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of you on here.

Well, this ruins my bracket. I had Cuse going to the final game.

What you guys think will happen now? Upset by KSU? Wiscy (already rated high than Cuse on KenPom)? Vandy? Will OSU take the region, or will FSU take them? WVU should essentially have a home game against OSU in the second round, so OSU will have a TOUGH road to the elite eight. But I might have to put them through to the championship game now...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Well, this ruins my bracket. I had Cuse going to the final game.
    I already had Syracuse bowing out in the Sweet 16. This bums me out because now everybody will pick that.

With Melo out, how likely now is Armageddon, aka, Calipari vs Ol' Roy in the final? I realize there are other teams that can take out the lesser blue, but I figured Cuse's zone with Melo would take care of UK. Now, are we facing famine, pestilence, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post
    With Melo out, how likely now is Armageddon, aka, Calipari vs Ol' Roy in the final? I realize there are other teams that can take out the lesser blue, but I figured Cuse's zone with Melo would take care of UK. Now, are we facing famine, pestilence, etc.?
    Syracuse would have to play UNC before they got to Kentucky, anyway, so I'm not sure how much this affects your nightmare at all. Personally, I thought Ohio State was coming out of the East even before this news about Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Personally, I thought Ohio State was coming out of the East even before this news about Melo.
    Dropping two out of three games to Michigan State certainly worked out well for the Buckeyes. Less so for Sparty.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Dropping two out of three games to Michigan State certainly worked out well for the Buckeyes. Less so for Sparty.
    Yep, definitely seems like OSU as the 2 in the East has a more favorable draw than MSU as the 1 in the West - plus, they don't have to travel as far. The West is going to fun to watch with all those high tempo teams. Memphis/St. Louis is a tough first round matchup and the winner of that won't be easy for Sparty. Then NM in Phoenix or Lousiville and finish it off with Mizzou/Marquette? Tough. Sometimes that's just how it falls, though, I guess. Still have to take care of business and a potential second round matchup for OSU with WVU in Pittsburgh won't be easy (although WV could just as easily lose to the Zags). And sometimes the bracket that looks the toughest ends up having a ton of upsets so the matchups don't materialize anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I already had Syracuse bowing out in the Sweet 16. This bums me out because now everybody will pick that.
    Totally agreed. I don't think Vanderbilt and Wisconsin are good match-ups for them. My Elite 8 game there was always Ohio State over Vandy. They've had a great year, but it's all about match-ups (on the flip side, I was completely ready to have Missouri get upset early before the brackets were announced, but I love the path they have).

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Totally agreed. I don't think Vanderbilt and Wisconsin are good match-ups for them. My Elite 8 game there was always Ohio State over Vandy. They've had a great year, but it's all about match-ups (on the flip side, I was completely ready to have Missouri get upset early before the brackets were announced, but I love the path they have).
    I agree. I had planned to have Missouri be the first top seed to go down, but now I have them into the Elite Eight.

K-State, assuming they get by Southern Miss, should probably beat Syracuse now. They are the one team Mizzou couldn't figure out this year, and Syracuse is basically a poorer shooting Mizzou now.

I went with Florida State. They're playing very solid basketball right now, both on offense and defense. Hopefully they'll carry their strong play from the ACC Tournament into the NCAA Tourney.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    My head is saying Ohio St comes out of this region, but my heart and gut are saying FSU can win this bracket. Early season losses notwithstanding, FSU is a darn fine basketball team. Winning this past weekend was no fluke. They have the talent, defense goes along way, and they have figured out how to score the basketball. Snare is in a zone with his outside shooting, and he is almost unstoppable when he drives to the front of the rim and shoots that little floater. They have 3 guys that can score in the post, and 3 guys in addition to Snare that can shoot 3's consistently. They have quickness, and good length, and they are deep.

One other thing in the ACC Tourney caught my eye. With 3 minutes and change left and a 8 point lead against UNC, Loucks jacked up a 3 with over 25 seconds remaining on the shot clock. Terrible decision given time and score. Much to my surprise, Leonard Hamilton came out of his seat and went nuts. He yelled and got Loucks attention and pointed at his temple telling him to "think". Not sure I have seen that before. Hamilton has grown as a coach in my opinion.

Is it possible FSU has a bad game and gets upset early? Sure. But that happens to "name" schools every year. Ask Kansas, or Syracuse, Pitt, Duke, UNC, UCLA, Indiana, etc.

There are other good teams that can come out of this bracket for sure. I just think FSU has what it takes to get it done. I will be pulling for them to do just that.

On Sunday, after the brackets were released, I was quick to say "phew - we are not in the east." I thought Syracuse would be the toughest out. Now, it might well be an advantage to be in the east. Amazing how quickly things change, and we are not even to Thursday yet!

I'm watching the unc-asheville vs. syr game while I pack up for Gboro and thoroughly enjoying listening to Reggie Miller run circles around sourpuss Elmore.
    Len is whinier than ever and probably sad that he can't bust on Duke with his laundry list of complaints.

Let's have a game of "Where is the Karl?" too!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'm watching the unc-asheville vs. syr game while I pack up for Gboro and thoroughly enjoying listening to Reggie Miller run circles around sourpuss Elmore.
    Len is whinier than ever and probably sad that he can't bust on Duke with his laundry list of complaints.

Let's have a game of "Where is the Karl?" too!
    Len's entire style of broadcasting is to point out what each team is doing poorly. What a negative nelly.

I did see Karl Hess in another game earlier but I can't recall which game it was.

Wow

I'm working next door to a sports bar in Asheville, NC. If they pull this off, my walls might fall down.

Go UNCA!

Is anyone else watching this game? This could be The One!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    Is anyone else watching this game? This could be The One!
    Yes, I am. 34-30 Asheville at the half. I'll take it. As much as I like Boeheim, I'd love to see the Cuse go down today. That would be a first.

This could be it!

UNCA was underseeded - they've got a good team and played a tough schedule. With Melo out, anything is possible.