Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBB: Duke Vs. St. Johns (NCAA Tourney)

On ESPN right now duke down 17-15 early...must admit i forgot to put it on with the end of the SU/OSU game being so close...anybody know how its been going? seems to be a two player game so far
    1200. DDMF.

We started out slow, but offense & defense are now clicking. Haley has 2 fouls, but no one else is in trouble. Shay is playing great on both ends.

Let's keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    We started out slow, but offense & defense are now clicking. Haley has 2 fouls, but no one else is in trouble. Shay is playing great on both ends.

Let's keep it up!
    big shot at the buzzer...this game may be out of reach for St. Johns....time to start scouting stanford
    1200. DDMF.

Player interview at halftime? Game isn't over, ESPN.

Great play to end the half!

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I'm not sure SJU has the firepower to overcome this deficit...especially after they scored all of 6 point in the last 11 minutes or so of the half
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I'm not sure SJU has the firepower to overcome this deficit...especially after they scored all of 6 point in the last 11 minutes or so of the half
    Duke look great down the stretch. This team is playing well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I think that their motive here is to get people more acquainted with the stars on the floor to hopefully draw more people into the women's game.

I love the way the team is playing and think that if they are able to get through St. John's, that they'll have a good shot at playing Stanford close and hopefully getting us back to the Final Four. Gonna need to continue the hot shooting and board crashing, but this team is out to prove that they're not going to let adversity slow them down.

Regardless of the outcome of this tournament, after the ACC Tournament where the girls were clearly still a little unaccustomed to playing without Jackson, their performance thus far has been a huge confidence booster for the players and for the program as a whole. There's still that what-if factor when it comes to Amber and Richa's injuries on top of Chloe's suspension.

A little early for this, but next year man, with more experience a healthy team and a continued influx of talent, that team is going to be able to make a serious run because, I've said this before, Amber can play.

Feed Shay the rock!!!!

Hey, why are we assuming that Dawn Staley's team will lose to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament?

Oh, right.

i'd bank on duke in the final four as of now.
    1200. DDMF.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Playing with so much confidence right now. All five starters taking and hitting good shots. Tough D not letting st johns do anything easy.

Like that KJ is getting minutes and doing positive things. Her play allows the starters a little breather. However, it's clear that the women are in as good a shape as anybody. Not running down at all. Of course, winning by 20 or so every game makes it easier.

These Duke players have very high bball IQs. They are really looking for each other. Very impressive.

That was fun.

Great stuff, Duke! Shay was amazing. This is what seniors do. On the plane, she declared, "This is a business trip." Great balance and chemistry tonight. Our confidence has to be high. Everyone got in and played well. Work still to be done. Next play.

That was a very fun game to watch. I hadn't had fun watching a Duke basketball game in a couple of weeks.
    Bob Green

I am really proud of these young women. They are playing with so much confidence, passion and heart. These last two games have been fun to watch.
    Coach P has done a great job holding these kids together.

Go usc!!!

Definitely worth the 4 1/2 hour drive to see that in person.

Was introduced to Chelsea's dad while waiting for the doors to open. Seems like a very nice guy, and he is every bit as proud of his daughter for her academic success as for her basketball exploits.

Smile

Great game for the women. As the interviewer said to a Duke player afterwards, Gray I think, "You haven't really been challenged to this point... how will you prepare for the Regional Finals for what is surely to be a tougher challenge?" Answer: "Look at game tape and prepare the way (that we always do)." Silly question. But I think the ESPN person, and everyone else, is expecting a Duke-Stanford Final, the winner to then (expectedly) to take on BG and Baylor in Final Four.

Really terrific to see this group get so hot right at the perfect time. Also, I think there was serious value in being able to sit Elizabeth Williams for much of the second half, given her stress fracture issue. I that should help some on Monday.

Stanford is up by 6 at the half, following a Duke-like end-of-the half "miracle shot." Rooting for SC, but affraid it'll be #1 vs #2 to get to the Final Four. Great game ladies!!

Go Duke!!!

UPDATE: 13:30 left and Stanford up by 5. Nnemkadi Ogwumike having a monster game, including 24 points already.

11 minutes to go, TV timeout. Cardinal up by 7.

Last edited by -bdbd; 03-25-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Update:

8 minutes to go and Stanford surging - along with some sloppy SC play. SC calls timeout, with Stanford now up by 11.
    N.O. now has 31. She'll be a handful on Monday... It'll be interesting how Coach P decides to guard her.

Update: 4:43 to play, Stanford by 12, 68-56, and the ball. Stanford call time-out. SC making lots of fouls, and Stanford making their FT's...
    SC is hitting 37% from the field for the game, Stanford is 52%.
    Last edited by -bdbd; 03-25-2012 at 01:17 AM.