• New Mexico State

0 0%
  • South Dakota State

1 0.57%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I still hate how the 1/2 seeds go down. The fact that we are the #6 overall seed and somehow they justify that by letting UK get the easiest 4 seed and that makes our bracket weighted correctly even though you probably have the #2 2 seed and #1 3 seed. Someone will have to update the S-curve but I would assume they are #9 or else I'd much wather face Marquette.
    we don't kow whether baylor is the #1 3 seed. If the committee thought they were #11 or 13 overall, it would make the brackets even.

It would mean we theoretically have an easier road to the elite 8 and a harder road to the final 4.
    April 1

Here's the thing with the region. They send teams to the preferred region if it's available. Apparently, the member schools, AD's, and Coaches all like it that way. Duke certainly can't complain about travel or turnaround (they get to go Sunday-Friday instead of Sunday-Thursday, which the East wouldn't give us).

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Here's the thing with the region. They send teams to the preferred region if it's available. Apparently, the member schools, AD's, and Coaches all like it that way. Duke certainly can't complain about travel or turnaround (they get to go Sunday-Friday instead of Sunday-Thursday, which the East wouldn't give us).
    We'll also get plenty of fans down in atlanta, not as many as UK, but perhaps more than we'd get in boston.
    April 1

Can anybody with DirecTV tell me where to find Tru?
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

UK: #1 overall
    Duke: #6 overall
    Baylor: #9 overall

Uhhhh?

ETA: TruTV ch. 246

Baylor was the #1 three seed...what?!

Channel 246

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    we don't kow whether baylor is the #1 3 seed. If the committee thought they were #11 or 13 overall, it would make the brackets even.

It would mean we theoretically have an easier road to the elite 8 and a harder road to the final 4.
    I know I was waiting for someone watching the S-curve to update where Baylor fell on the S-curve but I find it hard to believe they aren't #9. FSU didn't jump that high with a tourney win, and I'd have them higher than Gtown or Marquette. Hopefully, they get caught looking ahead b/c I see no way Duke beats Baylor with their size and athleticism. Although I like our chances to get to Atlanta, missed out on both Memphis and Uconn as well as Florida.

Thanks, guys.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Baylor was the #1 three seed...what?!
    yeah we got hosed...

our sum is 32...it should be 34...
    April 1

So Duke, as the 2nd best #2 seed, gets the best #1, the best #3 and the best #7 according to their seeds list they are going over right now. Oh well, at least they gift wrapped us a title 2 years ago.

traitors?

OK, I can see someone with a moniker of "KYtotheCore" picking UK, (making a big assumption that KY there is for Kentucky and the term doesn't indicate a backbone made of personal lubricant), but am really hoping no Duke fan is picking them!!!!

LOL... Duke, the #2 two seed, has

The #1 7-seed, then
    The #1 3-seed, then
    The #1 1-seed.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    UK: #1 overall
    Duke: #6 overall
    Baylor: #9 overall

Uhhhh?

ETA: TruTV ch. 246
    And Indiana was the worst 4 seed I'm sure. So in reality, we should have had either Gtown or Marquette but both KU and Mizzou probably screwed that up.

Well, according to Pomeroy, we're the weakest 2. By far.

Also, with all the talk about the ncaa "grooving" the matchups, no one has mentioned ky/uconn in the round of 32. They absolutely set that one up. Reminds me of when they threw Georgetown at unlv in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Well, according to Pomeroy, we're the weakest 2. By far.

Also, with all the talk about the ncaa "grooving" the matchups, no one has mentioned ky/uconn in the round of 32. They absolutely set that one up. Reminds me of when they threw Georgetown at unlv in 1991.
    They just said again that they don't have time to worry about things like that. They're in such a rush to put the thing together that they don't think "oh UK/Uconn/VCU in the same bracket" or "UK/Duke 20 years later"

people love to come up with conspiracy theories...but they're just not there....we'd be saying the same thing if Uconn was playing Syracuse, or Uconn was playing Duke....they had to play SOME big name program, and it happened to be UK when they finished the bracket.

With 63 games and billions of permutations...there's going to be "matchups that they ABSOLUTELY set up" regardless of how you put the bracket together
    April 1

Once again the Pac12 screws everything up. It still boggles my mind that teams get better draws by being the worst 1 or worst 2 b/c of geography. Give me MSU and Marquette over Ky and Baylor anyday. I know upsets happen and chalk probably won't happen but from a principle standpoint, I'd much rather face the worst 1 and mediocre 3 as the 2nd best 2 seed and be out West. Heck, we'll have all of Atlanta rooting against us wearing the wrong shade of Royal Blue. I guess its nitpicking but the difference between 9 and 10 on the S-curve this year is fairly big and the geography preference just isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Once again the Pac12 screws everything up. It still boggles my mind that teams get better draws by being the worst 1 or worst 2 b/c of geography. Give me MSU and Marquette over Ky and Baylor anyday. I know upsets happen and chalk probably won't happen but from a principle standpoint, I'd much rather face the worst 1 and mediocre 3 as the 2nd best 2 seed and be out West. Heck, we'll have all of Atlanta rooting against us wearing the wrong shade of Royal Blue. I guess its nitpicking but the difference between 9 and 10 on the S-curve this year is fairly big and the geography preference just isn't working.
    Its been said that the AD's and schools prefer geography over seeding...That's just hearsay though...

The committee can't win here at DBR though...either we go out west and people complain, or we stay in the east and have a harder bracket and people complain.
    April 1

Overall, while Baylor and Kentucky seem like really tough #1 and #3 seeds, respectively, I think this bracket is okay for us. If we were in the East with 'Cuse, we'd have a potential matchup with WVU in the second round which seems tougher to me than Notre Dame (of course, it's possible those won't materialize). Our second round could be much worse (or the new "third round", I guess.) Baylor could easily get upset by UNLV as well. And if we get to the Elite 8, Coach K is like 8-1 in those situations so I like our chances and at that point, everything would be considered gravy. It's fun and easy to complain. The only second round matchup I'd prefer to ours is Kansas with Purdue/St. Mary's. Florida is no cupcake for Mizzou and WVU could be a tough out for OSU. So, the late games might be more difficult if we get there, but by then, the brackets may be something we'd never expect as upsets happen.

Well I would like to apologize everyone but I picked... Kentucky

I really think they make it to the championship again this year. Not sure whether I think they will win or not yet.