0 0%
  • New Mexico State

0 0%
  • South Dakota State

1 0.57%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm kind of surprised Duke is the overall #8 seed but it does make geographic sense as stated earlier...

My thoughts on the region: I don't look at efficiency/rpi/sos when it comes to tourney. It is all about the matchup and I don't like our matchups... Assuming Duke can beat Lehigh (don't feel as confident as I did in previous years about the first game, could see an '08 kind of game, you never know), I don't feel too good about it for Duke IF they have to play Xavier/Baylor/UNLV. All of those teams have multiple guys who can break you down off the dribble, which has shown to give Duke quite a bit of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Randolph View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Duke is the overall #8 seed but it does make geographic sense as stated earlier...

My thoughts on the region: I don't look at efficiency/rpi/sos when it comes to tourney. It is all about the matchup and I don't like our matchups... Assuming Duke can beat Lehigh (don't feel as confident as I did in previous years about the first game, could see an '08 kind of game, you never know), I don't feel too good about it for Duke IF they have to play Xavier/Baylor/UNLV. All of those teams have multiple guys who can break you down off the dribble, which has shown to give Duke quite a bit of trouble.
    We'll have to see when the S curve is released in a few minutes, but they said OSU lost out on a 1 seed because of the title game there, I'd have to imagine KU and likely Missouri were in front of us, so I think an 8 overall makes sense, but we'll see.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    We'll have to see when the S curve is released in a few minutes, but they said OSU lost out on a 1 seed because of the title game there, I'd have to imagine KU and likely Missouri were in front of us, so I think an 8 overall makes sense, but we'll see.
    Just said on CBS that we were #6, Mizzou was #8. How the F were we not sent to the East with Syracuse then??

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    They just said that Duke is the Number 6 overall seed, with OSU 7, and Missouri 8. Missouri's strength of non-conference schedule did them in.

I think we are in pretty good shape for the first weekend. Just have to see who else survives after that. I am happy we are not in Syracuse region.

Quote Originally Posted by turnandburn55 View Post
    Just said on CBS that we were #6, Mizzou was #8. How the F were we not sent to the East with Syracuse then??
    Because Atlanta is our more "natural" region. Isn't there a significant mileage diff between Boston & Atlanta? I don't like it either.

geography.

our most preferred site is atlanta, and it was available.

thats how they seed the 1 and 2 teams
    April 1

Because 20 years ago Christian Laettner hit the greatest shot in tournament history against Kentucky.

We may have a game on our hands next Friday. Lehigh's is rated roughly equivalent to Clemson/VT, and lost away games to St. John's and MSU earlier this season by a combined 14 points. Obviously we should win, but it might not be a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Because Atlanta is our more "natural" region. Isn't there a significant mileage diff between Boston & Atlanta? I don't like it either.
    I guess... but then loading the South up with Baylor and Indiana as well? Not exactly their "natural" regions.

I guess... but then loading the South up with Baylor and Indiana as well? Not exactly their "natural" regions.
    After the 1 and 2 seeds they use 3 and 4 to balance the top 4 across the regions, and then the rest is by s-curve/wherever they fit

we'll have to wait and see where Baylor is in the s curve to see if we really got screwed

we had the 1 and 6 overall seeds, which means that the sum of the 3 and 4 seeds in our bracket should be 27 (ie 11 and 16 overall) to make the total as close to 34 as possible.

we'll see
    April 1

I'm more worried about the Lehigh game than the game after, assuming we make it to that point. Lehigh is very underrated. This Duke team is ripe to be taken out early, especially if Ryan is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Because 20 years ago Christian Laettner hit the greatest shot in tournament history against Kentucky.

This is exactly right.

I thought we were a lock for the East.

I also saw a graphic earlier that said we were the 5 seed, but then again, I saw a lot of goofs on the graphics they displayed.
    They had K St.'s record listed as 32-2.

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    And, as UPS points out in their new commercial, it was fed by the greatest inbounds pass in tournament history.

Bingo. As much as the NCAA loves geographical selection and RPI, they love potential stories even more. It would be a hype dream to have Duke and KY rematch as 1/2 with a trip to the Final Four on the line, 20 years after The Shot to win The Game, etc.

I like our half of the bracket...except for Baylor. They are a tough, athletic team. They're a legit 3 seed, so it's not like we got hosed, they're just a tough team. I'll worry about KY if we make it to the Elite Eight and they're still standing, too.

"Hardcore Brackets" on TruTV right now, aka the revealing of what went down, featuring Charles Barkley being hilarious and knowing nothing about college basketball. I'll be interested to see how UK/Duke/Baylor happened.

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    I'm more worried about the Lehigh game than the game after, assuming we make it to that point. Lehigh is very underrated. This Duke team is ripe to be taken out early, especially if Ryan is still out.
    Duke will win by close to 20.

Baylor could easily go down in Round 1 that kid from SD St. can really play.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    And, as UPS points out in their new commercial, it was fed by the greatest inbounds pass in tournament history.
    Wait, there's another commercial about The Shot? That's like the fourth one now.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Bingo. As much as the NCAA loves geographical selection and RPI, they love potential stories even more. It would be a hype dream to have Duke and KY rematch as 1/2 with a trip to the Final Four on the line, 20 years after The Shot to win The Game, etc.

I like our half of the bracket...except for Baylor. They are a tough, athletic team. They're a legit 3 seed, so it's not like we got hosed, they're just a tough team. I'll worry about KY if we make it to the Elite Eight and they're still standing, too.
    I still hate how the 1/2 seeds go down. The fact that we are the #6 overall seed and somehow they justify that by letting UK get the easiest 4 seed and that makes our bracket weighted correctly even though you probably have the #2 2 seed and #1 3 seed. Someone will have to update the S-curve but I would assume they are #9 or else I'd much wather face Marquette.