0 0%
  • New Mexico State

0 0%
  • South Dakota State

1 0.57%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    So uh, this Kentucky team is pretty good, especially in Katlanta. Baylor's talent is outmatched in my opinion by Kentucky, and as much as I don't like Calipari, he can and is coaching circles around Scott Drew.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Have to agree with the others in stating that was not a flagrant foul. How the player falls does not determine flagrant or not. He reached in and cleanly stripped the ball, but fouled with the body. Acy did not extend his offhand to push Jones. It was just two very big and strong guys running into each other at high speed. It was a much safer defensive play, then if Acy would have waited for Jones to go airborne, and attempted to block the shot.

Had Acy not made a play on the ball and simply bodied/pushed Jones out of bounds, then flagrant would have been appropriate.

I don't think the spirit of the new rule applied to a play like that. Reminded me of the Lance Thomas foul against Hayward in the title game actually.

Man, UK looks good out there. They have good size and athleticism across the frontcourt (Davis, Jones, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wilcher) and when they have Jones out there they have 4 guys on the floor who can handle the ball. Even Davis is a pretty decent ballhandler.

The only question I see with them is shooting. Other than that, though (admittedly that could be a big issue), they're ridiculous.

I wish that we could get a team this talented. It sounds bad saying that, but they have 6-7 NBA players most years.

This is ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Man, UK looks good out there. They have good size and athleticism across the frontcourt (Davis, Jones, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wilcher) and when they have Jones out there they have 4 guys on the floor who can handle the ball. Even Davis is a pretty decent ballhandler.

The only question I see with them is shooting. Other than that, though (admittedly that could be a big issue), they're ridiculous.
    They are firing on all cylinders. Gilchrist is a beast. In truth, he might be the best player in the country. They are fun to watch if you can set aside the fact its Kentucky with Cal coaching. They had 28 points with 10 to go after a slow start. Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I wish that we could get a team this talented. It sounds bad saying that, but they have 6-7 NBA players most years.
    They have 5 sure-fire first rounders among their 7 regulars. And who knows about Miller (possibly a 1st rounder) and Wiltjer.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    They are firing on all cylinders. Gilchrist is a beast. In truth, he might be the best player in the country. They are fun to watch if you can set aside the fact its Kentucky with Cal coaching. They had 28 points with 10 to go after a slow start. Unreal
    It's easier to watch Kentucky because their uniforms almost look familiar.... it's the colors. Adidas has sold Baylor a bill of goods with that horrid day-glow that hurts the eyes.

It's just fun to watch them play. Any missed shot is a chance to push tempo because almost everyone on the floor is a good ballhandler. They challenge shots, attack dribblers, and run, run, run. They play the way basketball should be played. I can't stand Calipari, but man does he have a group to work with there this year.

It's crazy when the Tv folks say unc has the best front court in the country. UK with Davis/MKG/Jones is vastly superior. They are crazy talented. I'm almost glad Duke isn't in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    It's easier to watch Kentucky because their uniforms almost look familiar.... it's the colors. Adidas has sold Baylor a bill of goods with that horrid day-glow that hurts the eyes.
    Indeed! At least the black is easier on the eyes then the neon green! sheesh!

Baylor is tall, athletic, have great quickness and length, and cannot get a decent shot off on most possessions. Contrary to the myth, Kentucky plays great defense as individuals and as a whole with team defense.

They keep playing at this level, and I just don't see anyone touching them. With or without Kendall Marshall, UNC would be hard pressed to stay with Kentucky at their current level of play.

2 points:

1. Baylor is horribly coached. Scott Drew needs to hire someone that knows basketball do he can concentrate on paying players.

2. Watching this game makes me glad we lost to Lehigh so we wouldn't have to play Kentucky. Nicely played Coach K (I kid)
    Last edited by A-Tex Devil; 03-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Baylor is tall, athletic, have great quickness and length, and cannot get a decent shot off on most possessions. Contrary to the myth, Kentucky plays great defense as individuals and as a whole with team defense.

They keep playing at this level, and I just don't see anyone touching them. With or without Kendall Marshall, UNC would be hard pressed to stay with Kentucky at their current level of play.
    Hey now! I like those uniforms.

Even when the play breaks down, Kentucky gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    It's crazy when the Tv folks say unc has the best front court in the country. UK with Davis/MKG/Jones is vastly superior. They are crazy talented. I'm almost glad Duke isn't in this game.
    Agree. I would take Kentucky's trio over UNC's. I do think Henson is better than Jones, but Davis is better than Zeller, and Barnes is not in the same area code as Gilchrist...

Baylor started off pretty well but is playing now like they've sighted a tsunami headed toward them. It's going to be difficult to refocus and play at their best.

I think if UK gets to 55, it's over. They are at 42 right now, so they barely have to show up in the second half.

I just read the dumb-dumb board and they are saying that without 3 players, Kentucky wouldn't be as good as UNC is right now. It is supposedly a testament to Roy's coaching. I disagree with them. They are down Strickland (not anywhere near a UK player), Henson had a bruised wrist two weeks ago (he is fine now) and they are down Kendall. I think UK does fine without a couple of players and a bruised wrist two weeks ago wouldn't kill Anthony Davis. Insane to hear some of their comments.

I just read the dumb-dumb board and they are saying that without 3 players, Kentucky wouldn't be as good as UNC is right now. It is supposedly a testament to Roy's coaching. I disagree with them. They are down Strickland (not anywhere near a UK player), Henson had a bruised wrist two weeks ago (he is fine now) and they are down Kendall. I think UK does fine without a couple of players and a bruised wrist two weeks ago wouldn't kill Anthony Davis. Insane to hear some of their comments.
    Well, you're forgetting McDonald. UNC is legitimately without all three of the guards that they expected to have as of last May. That's tough, especially when the rest of the players can't dribble.

If you take away Teague, Lamb, and Miller, I think UK would have a very difficult time of it. They might be in better shape since Jones and Kidd-Gilchrist can handle the ball. But they'd have no guards. Now, it's not really a fair comparison because UNC had many more scholarship players than UK and were fortunate to have tons of depth at the positions that the injuries occurred (until Marshall's injury, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, you're forgetting McDonald. UNC is legitimately without all three of the guards that they expected to have as of last May. That's tough, especially when the rest of the players can't dribble.

If you take away Teague, Lamb, and Miller, I think UK would have a very difficult time of it. Now, it's not really a fair comparison because UNC had many more scholarship players than UK and were fortunate to have tons of depth at the positions that the injuries occurred (until Marshall's injury, of course).
    At full strength, UNC isn't on this level IMO. I haven't seen a team this good in quite some time.

Kentucky, the best college team money can buy. UK sold its soul to the devil the day they hired Cal and I have said the same thing to multiple UK fans. It will be 1988 all over again with this program in a few years. Maybe they will be able to manipulate Rick Pitino into going there again they way they did back then.

At full strength, UNC isn't on this level IMO. I haven't seen a team this good in quite some time.
    I agree. But that sort of supports the argument that Williams is doing a good coaching job (since he's gotten a team with less talent to the Elite 8 without all 3 of his main guards).

At full strength, UK is better. Missing 3 guards, I don't know that UK makes the Elite 8. Sort of unimportant, though.