0 0%
  • South Dakota State

1 0.57%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stixof96 View Post
    Xavier would be a tough challenge...
    yeah...you gotta watch they don't punch one of our guys out behind our backs
    1200. DDMF.

In a weird way, I could see some UK fans almost rooting for Duke in a potential Sweet Sixteen matchup vs. Baylor/UNLV (if we get that far) in Atlanta. They think VERY little of Duke and want to destroy us. So, while they hate Duke, they may feel more confident going up against Duke and want to pummel us. But that may be delusional thinking on my part since I would never cheer for UNC to win in order to play us, for example, no matter how "weak" I perceived them to be...

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Luckily, I see TT being able to shut down Tu if it gets that way.
    Don't be so sure about that. I seem to remember similar woofing about how TT was the "Kendall Marshall stopper" or some nonsense. We'll see how it all plays out.

A Newton has been pointing out, our bracket is crazy hard.

Here are the full rankings of all the teams... according to the NCAA committee.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...eedlist1_1.jpg
    http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...eedlist2_1.jpg
    http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...0311181818.jpg
    http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10...0311181934.jpg

Our region has: The top #1 seed, the second best #2 seed, the best #3 seed, the third best #4, the third best #5, the best #6, the best #7, the second best #8.

None of our region's teams are the lowest team on their seed line. 4 of our top 8 seeds are the best team on their seed line. The average should be 2.

Oh, and our #9 seed is the defending national champs who struggled this year but probably have one of the 5 most talented rosters in the nation.

I don't think there has ever been a region over-stacked like this. It is preposterous.

And the team that is punished the most... you guessed it. After playing our game against the #15 seed, in theory we would get the best #7, followed by the best #3, followed by the best #1. Talk about a gauntlet!!!

-Jason "of course, this only means our region will be full of upsets and all these stud teams won't advance very far " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Don't be so sure about that. I seem to remember similar woofing about how TT was the "Kendall Marshall stopper" or some nonsense. We'll see how it all plays out.
    Tu is a headcase (as shown by the brawl) and he will get his but I think TT will contain him. Its who do we put on Mark Lyons who could hurt us as well but they just don't have the size. They have Frease who is a load for a 7' but can't move well. I'll take our bigs over him when we are chucking up 3's and the rebounds are longer and higher. I think we can also get him in foul trouble. They also don't have much depth behind Frease which in the A-10 they can get away with but not against Duke who can throw (hopefully) 3 guys 6'10 or bigger at them.

I'd say we should handle X especially since they will only have a day to implement a game plan against us. If Lyons has under 20, we should be fine and its also a game we can sneak Dre in for 20 minutes and won't be a huge defensive liability.

I guess the silver lining is these games are not at Cameron. We ARE good on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Our region has: The top #1 seed, the second best #2 seed, the best #3 seed, the third best #4, the third best #5, the best #6, the best #7, the second best #8.

None of our region's teams are the lowest team on their seed line. 4 of our top 8 seeds are the best team on their seed line. The average should be 2.

Oh, and our #9 seed is the defending national champs who struggled this year but probably have one of the 5 most talented rosters in the nation.

I don't think there has ever been a region over-stacked like this. It is preposterous.

And the team that is punished the most... you guessed it. After playing our game against the #15 seed, in theory we would get the best #7, followed by the best #3, followed by the best #1. Talk about a gauntlet!!!

-Jason "of course, this only means our region will be full of upsets and all these stud teams won't advance very far " Evans
    By the way, the West got the worst #1, #2, #3, and #4. That is insane. How can the guys who made up this bracket sleep at night after releasing these overall rankings and showing us how absurdly this all worked out.

-Jason "of course, all of this would carry a lot more weight if anyone actually believed the selcom knew what it was doing when it ranked the teams" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

By the way, the West got the worst #1, #2, #3, and #4. That is insane. How can the guys who made up this bracket sleep at night after releasing these overall rankings and showing us how absurdly this all worked out.

-Jason "of course, all of this would carry a lot more weight if anyone actually believed the selcom knew what it was doing when it ranked the teams" Evans
    I think they absolutely knew what they were doing... so much for integrity.

In 2010, #1 seed Kansas had the toughest region and they lost 2nd round, the 3 seed Georgetown lost the first round and the 2 seed OSU lost in the sweet sixteen and Michigan St came out of it as the 5 seed. Who knows what will happen? I guess we have to root for Uconn to make the sweet sixteen?

Marquette was ranked as the second best #3.

Pleased to see we open in Greensboro on Friday. Couldn't ask for more than that in terms of rest, travel, familiarity, and fan access.

Tough region? No doubt, but we don't have to play them all, just the ones we run into.
    All in all, we have a great chance to make a good run. And maybe a good chance to make a great run (FF and beyond).

I'm happy with our first weekend opponents. Lehigh is good for a #15, but they are still a huge underdog and we match up well with them. We match up really well with Notre Dame. Xavier can be dangerous, but they just haven't been the same since the Cincy game. They've gone just 13-11 since that game, with very few wins of any significance (probably the two wins over Dayton being their best).

I'm not thrilled with our second weekend possibilities if we make it that far. Likely either Baylor or UNLV in the Sweet 16, and if we get past that we're likely to face the #1 overall team. But, I'll worry about that if/when we get there. Gotta handle our business first.

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    I'm more worried about the Lehigh game than the game after, assuming we make it to that point. Lehigh is very underrated. This Duke team is ripe to be taken out early, especially if Ryan is still out.
    Ryan was walking around the hotel in Atlanta without crutches this morning.

Untrue. Marquette was the overall #10 seed.

The worst number 3 was georgetown who is in the midwest with UNC.

Still ridiculous.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Yes, and two years ago our defense was light years beyond this year. We sagged off prevented penetration. And oh yeah, we had a beast in the middle who rebounded everything. Have fun getting this team to rebound versus a team with Jones at 6'11, Miller at 6'9 and Acy at 6'7. Not to mention, we have no SF to cover one with size. And we probably won't be able to keep Pierre Jackson out of the lane. Hopefully, someone else takes care of them but I'll certainly eat my crow if Duke wins but its a tough matchup and I'd much rather see Marquette who have a lot less size and K seemed to bottle up Crowder and DJ Odom last year.
    So that means you won't be watching when we play them, which is good so we won't have to read your over the top in game comments.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Win the opener.

Beat Brey.

Beat Vegas.

Beat KY

Beat Michigan State.

Beat Carolina.

Retire.
    love it. We win, we deserve it.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    So that means you won't be watching when we play them, which is good so we won't have to read your over the top in game comments.
    I never understood this board in this respect. First off, I hardly post during games and haven't really been one of the guys saying this is a terrible team. I've said this isn't a traditional Duke team that we have grown used to in terms of their defensive and offensive efficiencies. Even in recent down years, our kenpom is usually great b/c we are an efficient team. But I really don't have too many inflammatory, if any comments.

And of course I'll watch and be crushed if we lose but I'm realistic. After the FSU game, many people were almost resigned to saying that us getting to the E8 or even S16 would be a successful year. They said that many of us should lower our expectations and in reality after the FSU/UNC game it was more about FSU being good than it was Duke being bad yesterday. But this Baylor team is just a match-up nightmare. So I'm told I need a wake up call with expectations, I get that and now someone pretty much accuses me of being a bandwagon of sorts.

I'd love see ND in 2nd rd: ND is a poor rebounding team, don't score a ton of points, and don't have overly quick guards.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Untrue. Marquette was the overall #10 seed.

The worst number 3 was georgetown who is in the midwest with UNC.

Still ridiculous.
    Sorry, my bad. I posted too hastily.

-JE

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Win the opener.

Beat Brey.

Beat Vegas.

Beat KY

Beat Michigan State.

Beat Carolina.

Retire.
    RETIRE?!?!? No way. I think Miles will find a career in pro ball. If not in the NBA, then in Europe.

-Jason "that is what you were talking about, right?" Evans