0 0%
  • New Mexico State

0 0%
  • South Dakota State

1 0.57%
  • 15/16 seeds

0 0%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I think the fact that we haven't seen McDonald play in a year and that we never had to play against Strickland skews the view that a full strength UNC isn't as good as Kentucky. I didn't expect UK to be on this level defensively at the beginning of the year, but Carolina was really good and would be a significantly better shooting team and perimeter defending team if Strickland and L-Mac were healthy, and I believe, would put them on the same level, if not above UK.

Kentucky is stupid good though, and I am really glad that UNC isn't exactly at full strength. Hate to see kids get hurt, but I hate to see Carolina win ships more.

And Davis just came down awkwardly. I really hope that's just a bruised knee and not something serious.

I hope he is okay. I don't want to see any kid go down like that. Especially one who is so talented. Also is by all indications a good kid.

Davis gave the picture of ultimate agony, like you would see with something like a compound fracture. Then 2 minutes later he is back in the game. There are only two possibilities. The first is that he should earn an Oscar. The second is that the Kentucky medical people are stupid to put him back in when they are that far ahead instead of leaving him out and getting an MRI. Either way something is really fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Devil View Post
    Davis gave the picture of ultimate agony, like you would see with something like a compound fracture. Then 2 minutes later he is back in the game. There are only two possibilities. The first is that he should earn an Oscar. The second is that the Kentucky medical people are stupid to put him back in when they are that far ahead instead of leaving him out and getting an MRI. Either way something is really fishy.
    or it just hurt a lot for a few minutes and then felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Devil View Post
    Have you ever banged your knee or gotten a charlie horse or rolled your ankle? Those injuries can hurt like all get out immediately, but in some cases get better within a few minutes. Davis was still hobbling several minutes later, so it obviously still bothered him for quite a bit. Just because an injury isn't career-threatening doesn't mean it can't really really hurt right away.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Have you ever banged your knee or gotten a charlie horse or rolled your ankle? Those injuries can hurt like all get out immediately, but in some cases get better within a few minutes. Davis was still hobbling several minutes later, so it obviously still bothered him for quite a bit. Just because an injury isn't career-threatening doesn't mean it can't really really hurt right away.
    Dislocation is a perfect example...assuming no ligament damage...it hurts a lot when you have to pop it back in, but there is no real injury
    1200. DDMF.

Even If

We had beaten Lehigh, beaten Xavier, beaten Baylor, there was no way we could have beaten Kentucky. I do not know of any team unless they play the game of their life that can beat Kentucky. very impressed by them today.

I understand that it is not Coach K 's way to recruit a team of one and done players but it looks like Calipari has found a system. I do not know who is coming to Kentucky next year or who is leaving this year, but I am sure it will a top 5 team again and poised to repeat.

It is very difficult to recruit against Calipari when his mantra is probably come to Kentucky for at least 1 year and I will get you ready for the NBA. It is magic to a lot of player's ears. We at Duke and most all schools cannot say or do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Kellog and Nance were both shocked when he came back in. If his expressions, grimacing, etc. were from a minor injury, then what in the world will he do when he really gets hurt. Better hold something back.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    We had beaten Lehigh, beaten Xavier, beaten Baylor, there was no way we could have beaten Kentucky. I do not know of any team unless they play the game of their life that can beat Kentucky. very impressed by them today.

I understand that it is not Coach K 's way to recruit a team of one and done players but it looks like Calipari has found a system. I do not know who is coming to Kentucky next year or who is leaving this year, but I am sure it will a top 5 team again and poised to repeat.

It is very difficult to recruit against Calipari when his mantra is probably come to Kentucky for at least 1 year and I will get you ready for the NBA. It is magic to a lot of player's ears. We at Duke and most all schools cannot say or do that.
    Repeat what exactly? Another FF trip. That have yet to win it. And KY has not won it since 1998. They still have to play the games. The lost to Vandy in their tourney. They are certainly beatable. In a close game- anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Repeat what exactly? Another FF trip. That have yet to win it. And KY has not won it since 1998. They still have to play the games. The lost to Vandy in their tourney. They are certainly beatable. In a close game- anything can happen.
    Baylor shot atrociously at the start of the game and recovered well, got it down to 10 at one point I believe. THey had issues getting back on defense and letting guys in behind them...I believe UL's zone will help mitigate that, and you can bet that a pitino team will be getting back on D...especially this one....UL's gotta hope that their triangle and 2 matchup zone thing will help with the physicality deficit, and I think the defense may stymie UK a bit....UL will want some revenge from the loss back in december...we shall see
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Baylor shot atrociously at the start of the game and recovered well, got it down to 10 at one point I believe. THey had issues getting back on defense and letting guys in behind them...I believe UL's zone will help mitigate that, and you can bet that a pitino team will be getting back on D...especially this one....UL's gotta hope that their triangle and 2 matchup zone thing will help with the physicality deficit, and I think the defense may stymie UK a bit....UL will want some revenge from the loss back in december...we shall see
    KY is very good- no question- and UL will have seen them a second time. Things get much tighter in the FF- nerves, the moment- the pressure to bring a championship to a starving fan base. It will be interesting to see how the young fellas react to all that. If UNC makes it to the FF- I would give them a much better chance of winning than UK. I have seen the dominant - supposedly unbeatable- team before get tripped up in that final game a few times.

Really surprised that Kentucky Louisville is the first game on Saturday.