Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

MBB: FSU 62, Duke 59 ACCT Post Game Thread

We got beat. On to the NCAAs.

Not much to say after this one. It went about the way I thought it would. Physical, bruising game going down to the wire.

Offense looked bad again. Defense looked better. #2 seed not the worst thing to happen, but Duke needs to straighten out the offensive woes.

I am man enough to admit FSU is better than us this year (or at least we don't match up with them very well). They give us a lot of problems with their length and defense. Congrats to them. With that said, we missed Ryan Kelly today.

I am happy with their toughness in the last 10 minutes, they hustled and while didn't shoot it well, played a lot smarter.

Time to rest up, get healthy (Ryan!), and prep for the big dance.

2 bad possessions at the end for Duke. Oh well, NCAAs it is.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We got beat. On to the NCAAs.
    Perhaps a wake up call of sorts although it seems like we've had 10 wake up calls and still keep doing the same thing. Have to wonder about Cook getting more PT to be honest. Luckily, assuming we get past our 15 seed, the 7/10 won't have much time to prepare for us b/c it appears it is pretty easy to game plan for Duke. Sag off on TT and sit on the perimeter b/c we don't look for our bigs. Let the bigs get in foul trouble and attack the offensive boards.

Strangely, I'm not even that upset. Won't affect our seeding whatsoever, we don't have to play UNC (you know Henson would play if it were us), and UNC has to brawl with FSU again.

Good effort. Out-talented. Hope we get hot and make a run in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    I am man enough to admit FSU is better than us this year (or at least we don't match up with them very well). They give us a lot of problems with their length and defense. Congrats to them. With that said, we missed Ryan Kelly today.

I am happy with their toughness in the last 10 minutes, they hustled and while didn't shoot it well, played a lot smarter.

Time to rest up, get healthy (Ryan!), and prep for the big dance.
    I disagree. FSU is not a better team, but they definitely match up with us well.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Perhaps a wake up call of sorts although it seems like we've had 10 wake up calls and still keep doing the same thing.
    When that happens, the people who need to wake up are us.

Not the end of the world. Better than another loss to the Holes, if you ask me. And they did finish with some nice intensity, regardless of those late-game brain farts. Let's hope the Holes and Noles beat the everloving crap out of each other.

Well, we put ourselves in position to win and I was happy to see that given how things were going early in the 2nd half. We needed a bucket or two more at the end and just could not get one. I will be an FSU fan tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    When that happens, the people who need to wake up are us.
    I agree with Dickie V and presumably you that this isn't a true Duke team but I think we all see flashes of a good team but can't put it together. But I am waking up and getting to the S16 seems to be about as far as I can realistically look at this team and for a top10 team, that feels like a disappointment.

Florida State has a pretty good team. Good luck to them tomorrow!
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Not the end of the world. Better than another loss to the Holes, if you ask me. And they did finish with some nice intensity, regardless of those late-game brain farts. Let's hope the Holes and Noles beat the everloving crap out of each other.
    Yes, but I was liking our chances without Henson.

FSU made huge plays to seal the game. Credit to them for great defense all day and clutch O when they needed it.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

I hope that we don't have to play in Atlanta again this year. We don't shoot very well there, it seems. Well, on to bigger and better things!

I for one will be watching tomorrow. I honestly don't care who wins, I won't necessarily be cheering for FSU but it will be an entertaining game.

Does anyone know if Andre scored today? He has been invisible the last 2 weeks.

This week...the team needs to focus on executing their offense with more discipline.

The bigs need to practice being available on the pick and rolls.
    The bigs also need to practice on posting up closer to the hoop. Mason shouldn't be getting the ball 12-15 feet from the hoop.

The guards need to tighten up their handles. No weaksauce dribble. Seth, Quin and Tyler...play strong with the ball.
    Austin needs to focus on taking the ball strong to the whole...but to keep his head up and look for dishing opportunities.

Andre...he just needs to find a hunger. A hunger to leave it all out on the court.

These are all things we have seen over the course of the season...time to focus on them for the Big Dance.

And Ryan...just hope he can contribute.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I agree with Dickie V and presumably you
    Yeah. We've done some great things this year, and I realize Ryan didn't play, but no one should be surprised if we have another 2008-like performance in the NCAAs. NO ONE.

This is Hamilton's big chance to win an ACC title. Go Noles.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Florida State has a pretty good team. Good luck to them tomorrow!
    Let's hope the Noles beat the Holes.

Ryan is Key.

Let's point this out again: Ryan Kelly is huge for this team - not just for depth, but because the offense runs through him a lot of the time....The team looked lost at times with Miles and Josh because TT would have the ball on the perimeter, Miles would set a screen and get the ball, and have no clue what to do with it. That's Ryan's job.

With Ryan, we win this game easily.

And yet without him, we lost by 3. That's amazing. We lose by only THREE.

Next Play guys, time for the real tournament.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est