Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sloppy and look gassed/tired early.

I'm not sure what the deal is but Rivers and Curry have been really sloppy with the ball again today. Just can't have that happen. They're better than that.

9 turnovers so far for us. We're playing decent defense (and FSU is shooting awfully). We just need to play smarter on offense.

To say we're playing "sloppy" is being far too kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Chill View Post
    Did the entire team eat popcorn before the game?
    Seriously. We cannot hang on to the ball.

On the other hand, we are crushing them on the glass so far.

It's this type of game, or better yet this type of pressure defense, where not having a PG with a strong command of his dribble hurts us. We are having a horrible time just trying to initiate our offense. Just moments before Cook got stripped I told my daughter one of our guards was going to get his pocket picked. I thought it would be Seth because he was having trouble with the pressure being put on him as he was trying to survey the situation out top. If FSU can keep up this type of pressure the entire game we we'll have our hands full.

Gonna be another mug-fest. Oh, sorry Brando, I mean "incidental contact."

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Gonna be another mug-fest. Oh, sorry Brando, I mean "incidental contact."
    Yep. Typical FSU "defense." Foul as much as you can get away with.

First one to 50 wins? This is one FUGLY game.

This year's team seems to have a very low collective basketball IQ - they make a lot of mistakes uncharacteristic of DUKE teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Yep. Typical FSU "defense." Foul as much as you can get away with.
    Florida State plays good defense by moving their feet...it is the constant grabbing that graits on me.
    Windy City Devil

Thornton does NOT KNOW how to run the Offense without Kelly. He's too used to having a big man go outside. So he never ever passes to his guards. (They don't help much - Curry's standing still a ton).

The end result is either TT shoots (last game) or lots of Plumlee driving (This game).

The last possession we tried Dre twice manning the ball, both times failing.

Put Rivers on point, and go from there.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Not really sure how we are only down 5 when we are shooting 35% from the field have turned the ball over 12 times and are allowing 58% on the other end.

I don't think I've ever seen so many low IQ plays on offense for Duke. Half their turnovers have come off of just blatantly bad decisions. Passing out of bounds, or losing a dribble is one thing, but they're doing it on plays where even if the pass is caught or the dribble isn't lost, the ball will be in no mans land anyway.

We've just played so sloppy the last two days. I'm not sure what it is with our guards and just losing their dribble. This is ridiculous. 12 first half turnovers. That has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Florida State plays good defense by moving their feet...it is the constant grabbing that graits on me.
    That's not good defense. That's fouling as much as you can get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    This year's team seems to have a very low collective basketball IQ - they make a lot of mistakes uncharacteristic of DUKE teams.
    While past Duke teams would make their share of turnovers I can't remember a year where there have been so many careless, inattentive plays made.

For example, Thornton just threw one out of bounds intended for Mason...even if Mason does catch it what is he going to do buried on the baseline? Is that really the best option Tyler assessed in that situation?

We've got our hands full now. Austin out with 3 fouls. Not good. At all.

loving Mason's free throws ... but why are we turning it over so much? It looks like we just aren't strong with the ball ...

...and as I type, isn't the first rule not to save the ball under your own basket? Hairston plays hard just with low bball IQ (saving under the basket, taking contested jumpers, throwing Miles a fastball from 4 feet away...)
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Seth needs to step up and run this offense. Play strong with the ball, Seth.
    Windy City Devil

the offense is stagnant noone is moving. its just pick and roll which FSU has the athletes to switch all screens.