American Idol 2012

Does anyone still care? Is anybody watching this season? Bueller, bueller...?

If folks are watching, I am up for a discussion.

Some initial thoughts to get this going - Phillip Phillips has either the best or worst AI name of all-time (can't decide). That said, he is far and away my favorite contestant. Others have better singing voices (e.g., Jessica Sanchez) but he is the most complete package. Vegas currently has Phillip and Jessica as the favorites to win. Others that I enjoy include Shannon, Heejun, and Colton, although the first two were shaky last night.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Does anyone still care? Is anybody watching this season? Bueller, bueller...?

If folks are watching, I am up for a discussion.

Some initial thoughts to get this going - Phillip Phillips has either the best or worst AI name of all-time (can't decide). That said, he is far and away my favorite contestant. Others have better singing voices (e.g., Jessica Sanchez) but he is the most complete package. Vegas currently has Phillip and Jessica as the favorites to win. Others that I enjoy include Shannon, Heejun, and Colton, although the first two were shaky last night.
    Don't watch the show and never have, however my wife is a really big fan and she is rooting big time for Jessica Sanchez, it's an ethnic pride kind of thing.

ex-fan here

Idol lost me last season.

I was a big fan and frequently posted about it.

But I didn't like the new judges -- nobody had the guts to rip a lousy performance. And what finally killed it for me was the success of Scotty "One-Note" McCrory who made ever song sound the same (like a parody of bad country music) and yet was carried through of a wave of adolation.

I haven't watched a minute this year ... and don't plan to.