I'm a long time reader, but I thought I would post a thread based on what I've been thinking about since yesterday.

After the end of the regular season, it looks like the top four seeds are universally agreed upon: Kentucky, Syracuse, Kansas, and UNC. After that, things get interesting. The #2 seeds are more in flux. With Michigan State losing to Ohio State this afternoon, I see the pecking order for #2's like this for now: Duke, Missouri, Ohio State, and Michigan State. Duke won't be in UNC's bracket, so they're likely slotted for the Midwest or maybe the Eastern regional. My hunch is the Midwest regional with Kansas as the #1.

Scenario #1 for Duke: Duke wins the ACC Tournament
If Duke does win the ACC Tourney, I assume the Blue Devils will be shipped out West as the #1. I believe Duke would have the #3 overall ranking in this scenario based on RPI, record against the top-25, and the head-to-head victory against Kansas. That being said, I would find it hard to believe the committee would ship KU out West and make Duke the Midwest regional #1. Either way, Duke will probably be matched up against the winner of the Big 10. This is not a good situation. As a Duke fan, I don't want them to go out West. If we are #1 in the Midwest, I don't want a B1G team as the #2. Either way, the road to the Final 4 will be rough.

Scenario #2: Duke loses in the final round of the ACC Tournament
Duke is pretty much locked into a #2 seed at this point, in my opinion. If we lose in the ACC Tourney final, our overall ranking will probably depend on how the Big 10 tourney pans out. If OSU and MSU both make it to the final (there's a 3-way tie atop the league standing with Michigan) somehow, those two teams will probably be given the top two #2 seeds with the winner in the Midwest against Kansas and the loser going out West to face UNC (assuming they win the ACC tourney). Duke and Missouri will be the other #2s. Unless Missouri wins the Big 12 tourney, they will probably be the fourth overall #2 (or Marquette if Missouri is upset before the Big 12 finals). That means Duke will be the matched against the second overall 1 seed, Syracuse in the East. Personally, I like our chances in Boston, if we can get there, against Syracuse. If we get hot from 3 (looking at you, Andre), we can shred that zone. Also, the Plumlees should do well on the offensive boards as the Orange are not good at defensive rebounding.

Scenario #3: Duke loses in the quarters or semis of the ACC Tournament
If this happens, Duke might drop to the fourth overall #2 seed (don't see Marquette or anyone else climbing ahead of them unless they win the conference tourney) and be matched against Kentucky in the South regional. I think Kentucky is beatable, but I certainly wouldn't want to face them before the Final Four if at all. Still, being in Atlanta as a #2 might be better than being #3 out West.

So, based on these three scenarios, I would prefer Duke to be a #2 in the East. That being said, I REALLY want Duke to win the ACC Tournament. I just won't like our seeding in the NCAA's.

What does everyone else think?