Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
Well, from 18:53 in the first half to 11:17, we took 8 two-point shots, 7 three-point shots, and 4 free throws, and we missed them all except for one free throw. We were outscored 18-1 in that approximately 7 and a half minute stretch. I don't remember any of those shots being poor shot selection or particularly well defended, so assuming we made our averages on those shots (instead of missing them all), we would have made 4 of the 2s, 3 of the 3s, and 3 of the FTs. That would have been 19 points, instead of 1 point, and instead of 22-5 it would have been 24-22 Duke, and the rest of the game is very different. Three of the shots were taken after offensive rebounds, so for argument's sake let's take away one of the threes, and then it's 22-20 UNC, and still a very different game.

My guess is if it was 22-20 at that point, and then UNC outscored us 66-65 the rest of the way, you wouldn't be talking about how much of a difference there was in the two segments of the game.
The 15 straight misses were really unexplainable. It was just one of those things that happen, and you watch it happen and you know that it is going to be one of those nights. Along the same lines, UNC was making shots that you wouldn't expect them to make either. Although we did give up some open looks, shots like Henson's running 12 foot half hook, half side arm sling that went in, plus the straight on bank shot for Marshall, just confirmed... it was one of those nights!!

I still think we are in pretty good shape going forward, if for no other reason we don't have to play any more games in Cameron sad to say!