View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 70-88 loss to Carolina?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Austin Rivers

1 0.88%
  • Miles Plumlee

106 93.81%
  • Mason Plumlee

2 1.77%
  • Ryan Kelly

1 0.88%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Michael Gbinije

3 2.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Huh? I don't get it. GoDuke!
    I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team. Miles played with heart, and I was very impressed. Nobody else did, and I was very disappointed. Here is what Miles had to say about it :

"Throughout the year, we've been immature. We always want to see how little we have to do to win," Miles Plumlee said. "You give a team like that a 20-point lead, it's nearly impossible to win. We need to fight, like we did at times, for a whole game."

Quote Originally Posted by stixof96 View Post
    I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team.
    Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Don't be that guy.
    What guy ?

Here is what Miles had to say about it :

"Throughout the year, we've been immature. We always want to see how little we have to do to win," Miles Plumlee said. "You give a team like that a 20-point lead, it's nearly impossible to win. We need to fight, like we did at times, for a whole game."
    Yowza! That's pretty blunt and scathing. And I don't disagree with him. I think our tendency to start slow at home does have a lot to do with lack of maturity. It's tough to deal with the turnover in leadership that we experienced this season.

Having said that, this group of guys has grown up quite a bit, and they've had one heck of a regular season. As frustrating as they've been at times, they've sure been fun to watch.

Miles was awesome last night, and he has really turned it up a few notches down the homestretch.

Now let's go try to win some championships, starting with the ACC... Would have been nice to have the #1 seed for both tourneys, but seeding aside, now we're playing for hardware... Let's get it on!

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Didn't think we did MOTM after losses but in this case I'm glad. Miles deserves recognition for a great game. Mason was OK but was only really effective when Zeller was in foul trouble. He also tried to scored against the double team when he had multiple shooters wide open.

Anywho, Miles gets my vote and I hope he keeps it up!
    You just think that cause we lose so infrequently lol =)

And no offense to Gbinije but seriously? How is it not 100% for Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Miles, because he showed up at the beginning of the game and mostly throughout. Mason showed up in the second half. If there is one positive in tonight's debacle, it's that Mason has rediscovered how to make his hook shot and score around the basket. That could be very valuable for our team in the next 4 weeks.

Congrats and thanks to Miles for coming to Duke and giving us your all!
    Ozzie: Mason only showed up in the second half because Zeller was in foul trouble and couldn't play him as closely as he had. I don't count that as showing up. When Mason can play like that at the beginning of the game, then he will have shown up!

Miles, we love you!
    DukeDevilDeb

I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team.
    The Plumlee combo outscored the Zeller/Henson combo. Please elaborate on the basis for this position.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."