Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skip Prosser

Skip Prosser

Just read on the Kentucky board that Skip prosser has died of a heart attack.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=48#S=48&F=1030&T=759137

It's been confirmed by a guy at Inside Carolina.

Sad news. While I don't think it has been officially announced, from what I've read via email this is no longer just a rumor.

sad news

From all I've seen this looks real. My condolences to his family and all those associated with Wake Forest.

I had hoped this was just a bad rumour, but it now seems true. My thoughts go out to his friends, family, and all of Wake.

confirmed on FoxSports

this is beyond terrible.
    prayers are with the entire wfu and prosser family.
    its all a family.

i hope this is not true if it is my condolences to his family and school

True

A great guy. Very fun to talk and listen to.

I feel so sad for his family. He had just started to get Wake pointed back in the right direction. You could tell in his most recent interviews that he was very happy about his future.

My prayers are with the Prosser Family.

Super Nice Guy

Last summer I was studing for the Bar Exam. WFU's law school was the closest location to my home where the barbri review course was offered. Since I did B-School at WFU, and was familiar with W-S, away I went.

One day, I was jogging at the WFU track, which is right next to WFU's basketball facility. I was proudly wearing a Duke T-shirt to jog, this being in the wake of the then still fresh Lax scandal. Coach P walked past the track and saw me. Skip gave me a little grief for the shirt, suggesting that I needed a new one. It was very good humored, and we both had a laugh.

A few weeks later, as I was throwing arround a football, I dislocated my shoulder making an ill advised diving catch (falling over). Coach P saw me, and called me into one of the B-Ball gyms near the track where he was conducting a summer camp for youngsters. He got his head trainer to look at me, and they helped me put my shoulder back in. He was really nice the entire time.

All the while he has been at WFU he has been a quality guy. The only slight blemish was putting up with a very little more than he should have from Chris Paul, but many coaches have let star players go a little too far. Also, I have to imagine that Skip punished CP privately, which was probably the right thing to do. A good guy.

No confirmation yet, so let's hope this is just rumor. It is confirmed that he collapsed while jogging, but nothing as to his current status from WFU.

Patrick Yates

RIP Skip Prosser. I have always enjoyed his coaching style and watching him work his way up the coaching ranks. My God bless and watch over his family--both immediate and extended. What a sad day for WFU and all of the basketball community.

espn radio hasnt touched this.
    it seems there are absolutely 0 other news sports stories at all right now other than michael vick.
    its going on 4 straight hours now.

Wow just heard this on the radio up here in NJ. This is pretty shocking and a bit unsetteling. Here's a man in the prime of his life and presumably in good health and just goes like that. Pretty scarry and unsetteling to say the least. Plus he seemed like a very nice/good guy. What a shame!!

Patrick Yates, Apparently he had the heart attack on that same track you met him....

ESPN.com now confirms as well. Absolutely horrible news.

This is a dirty shame, enjoyed his coaching style, and like WFU. It also worries me when men much younger than I am just drop dead -- it is scary. My condolences to his family and the greater WFU family.

Sports news has suddenly become more depressing than the national news. Awful thing to hear and obviously all prayers to his friends and family.

I'm about to cry. I really liked him, he had class. My condolences to his family. How tragic to lose a loved one so young.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2950229

It's hard to hear of something like this without thinking of every cliche about living life to the fullest because you never know when the end is going to come. Because some times even the grimmest cliches are true. Truly horrible, horrible news.

Something like this really makes one sit back and think. You work your whole life to get to where you are, to provide for your loved ones, to enrich your existence for a better good, to be able to enjoy the time you have left happily. And then it's all gone in the blink of an eye; in the prime of your life.

This is really, really tragic news. Makes you think, that is for sure.