Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    LOL that sequence just summed up the night. Thornton blows a wide open layup. UNC goes down Barnes cans a 3 and gets fouled by Curry.
    Yep. Plus Curry had a layup rim out on him just before that as well. I was hoping we could at least get this thing to single digits, but at the end of the night the final score doesn't really matter. Next play.

Quote Originally Posted by mndukie View Post
    I don't mean to start a giant argument and I'm really not trying to stir things up with fellow Duke fans...

But I don't buy the effort/heart argument. I have never once watched this team and thought "man, these guys just don't care and seem to be just going through the motions." Let's call it what it is, we're a team that relies heavily on the outside shot. When they're falling this team is a very, very good team. When they're not dropping we struggle more than maybe the average team would who doesn't rely on the outside shot. Let's not confuse effort with the ball not falling through the net.

Oh yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, let's remember that we're playing a pretty high quality opponent who is playing at a pretty high level themselves.

All that said, let's work our butt off the rest of the way and maybe the law of average will help some of these shots drop.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!
    I totally agree. This team has way overachieved - And I think heart had been a big part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by barjwr View Post
    He's got to be in there to get a shot to fall -- looks like K's done with him tonight.
    Yes. But why? I saw him get the ball and shoot once--he didn't hit but it was an appropriate shot to take, and heaven knows no one else was hitting. I saw some decent defensive play and no obviously terrible play. When you need to make up a big deficit and no one else is hitting, why not give him a shot? I don't get it.