Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by toooskies View Post
    I'm not sure anyone saw Miles become one of the best rebounders in the NCAA, but that's what he's gone and done his senior year. Too often overshadowed by his brother, Miles continues to exceed expectations. He won't be competing for individual awards, but he's certainly the key to our competing inside, and we'll miss him more than we know.

Go Miles!!
    He has been one of the best offensive rebounders in the country for a couple years (last year he was 3rd in the ACC in offensive rebound pct, 79th in the country; this year he's 1st in the ACC, 4th in the country). It's only recently that his defensive rebounding has started to catch up (he's currently 5th in the ACC in defensive rebound pct, 65th in the country).

Miles' has been part of some great team accomplishments during his time at Duke. While there's a lot more ball to be played this year, I imagine that his lot dunk (and subsequent jubilant celebration) at the end of 82-50 will likely be my favorite memory of Miles... it's one of my favorite Duke moments period.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    While there's a lot more ball to be played this year, I imagine that his lot dunk (and subsequent jubilant celebration) at the end of 82-50 will likely be my favorite memory of Miles... it's one of my favorite Duke moments period.
    Mine will be his chase-down block against ASU in the NIT Season Tip-Off during that same season. He had to duck his head so it wouldn't smash into the backboard. I think it was during halftime of that game that Doug Gottlieb made the ridiculous 'alarmingly unathletic' comment.

I remember telling Miles to 'tear it up inside' at the team autograph session before the 09-10 season. He hasn't done it every game but I'm glad he's been listening to me lately!

Great career

Miles won't be an All-American, but he's had a great career at Duke. Seems like a strong student, hard worker, good person, and wonderful teammate. I'm very appreciative. Best of luck in his last home game!

Miles n Heels

While the national media focuses on 3 point shooting, I think a great barometer of this game tonight will be whether our most athletic, physical, and fundamentally sound interior defender can stay on the court and bother the Zeller and Henson towers for 25+ minutes. If Miles is effective with 2 or fewer fouls in the first half, I think we win with superior guards and depth. If he picks up quick fouls and we are protecting the boards with Ryan and Mason, who both shy from contact and aren't as good on rotations or boxing out, the second half could be a real struggle on the boards and interior defense.

Miles you are a key to this game, on your senior night, I hope you close out your Cameron career with a night for the ages. I hope this is the game we all remember when we think of MP1.

GREAT individual game tonight by Miles! Sad that his memories of senior night will be tainted by a bad loss but he played well. I hope that we get to see a few more performances like tonight. I think 9 would be a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    GREAT individual game tonight by Miles! Sad that his memories of senior night will be tainted by a bad loss but he played well. I hope that we get to see a few more performances like tonight. I think 9 would be a good number.
    I was really proud of how well he played tonight and and how hard he tried.

Agree. Fantastic finish by Miles, despite the game result.
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?

Miles truly gave it his all in this last game at Cameron. Probably one of his best games ever - it's sad the team wasn't able to win one for him.

I was ashamed after the game at how many people in the upper deck left before Miles' speech. There was probably less than half the "Crusties" present. I know this was a very disappointing loss and everyone was mad, but how can you not show your support for a senior who gave four years to Duke, played a terrific game, and hell, was part of a championship team during his Duke career? Thank you to my fellow students, who all stayed, and for those who stayed in the upper deck.

But pathetic, absolutely pathetic - if you left early, you should feel disgraced.

Miles Plumlee has grabbed 83 rebounds in Duke’s last seven games. (from DBR writeup)
    Well, regardless of yesterday's disaster, that's a pretty good late-Zoubs imitation. Plus, he's scoring at a late-Zoubs
    level too. The performance of both Plumlees, outscoring Zeller and Henson, bodes well for upcoming tournament action.
    Three quality bigs to complement our outside game will make us tough in the tournament. Let's hope Miles can have the
    same (incredible) career ending Zoubs did.